PDA

View Full Version : Boot repair

Periwinkle
17-11-2013, 20:18
Hi,
I have a pair of boots that I would like to get the heels replaced. I was planning to go to one of those little kiosks that are about. Does anyone know what a normal service fee is and do they repair while you wait?
Thanks

AstarD
18-11-2013, 12:07
Peri,
From my experience, even the kiosks don't repair while you wait. But they will do the work in 24-48 hours.

As to price, the last time I had the heels replaced on my boots, it cost 500 rubles total, but that was a few years ago.

penka
18-11-2013, 12:22
I've used two places:

- Repair shop at the crossing of 3d Frunzenskaya ul and Komsomolsky prospect, entrance from the 3d Frunzenskay; your right hand side if driving into town. Can take a couple of days, but they are good, can replace heels and re-sole.
- Smolensky passage, take the staircase down to the bottom floor. Up to 24 hrs. Excellent service.

FatAndy
18-11-2013, 12:22
Peri,
From my experience, even the kiosks don't repair while you wait. But they will do the work in 24-48 hours.

As to price, the last time I had the heels replaced on my boots, it cost 500 rubles total, but that was a few years ago.

If you replace the whole 2 heels, not only bottom parts (pads?) it may reach 800-1200 rub totally. I use two kiosks near m. Chertanovskaya - one is in external perimeter of Shtayer shop center, second one near foodstore in Kaspiy shop.

They usually ask to come the same day evening, if you give up boots around mid-day. But of course it depends on how busy they are. The best time for repairing is mid-summer :D