PDA

View Full Version : Just arrived

arnoud
17-11-2013, 15:10
Hi all,

I've just arrived in Moscow 2 weeks ago. My first priority was to find an apartment, which luckily I managed to do now. The 2nd priority is to meet people and build up my social life here.
I am a Dutch guy. I used to live in London for about 4 years then in Singapore for another (close to) 4 years. So this will be my newest adventure.

Are there any good groups here for socializing? So groups that organize drinks, diners, brunches or some cultural events etc?

Also I want to join a football team, and I'd be interested to meet some people to play tennis or squash with. So if anyone can point me to the right direction that be great!

Last but not least, I'd like to start taking some Russian language lessons, so if anyone knows a good teacher, or has a little group that I can join that be fantastic as well.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers,

Arnoud

Desert Addict
19-11-2013, 11:00
Welcome in Moscow. To meet some people I can recommend the Moscow Expats group on Facebook. They are quite active.

There are also the Internations activities. On Wednesday's and Sunday's they have a running group.

No soccer for me but if you are interested in Aussie Rules Foorball than also just check FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AFLRussia/?bookmark_t=group

Once you get tired of the city and want to enjoy the nature than just check out my company:) http://goactiverussia.com/

Krisanovae
20-11-2013, 22:30
Hello, my name is Ekaterina. I've read that you'd like to have classes of Russian. So, I'm a professional teacher of Russian to Foreigners. I've been teaching Russian as a Foreign language since 1998 at the University of Moscow, also work with individual clients. Usually they feel satisfied with the lessons. You can see some feedbacks and more information about me on my personal web-site ohrussian.com if it's interesting to you. And good luck in Russia!

robertmf
20-11-2013, 22:35
Hi all,

I've just arrived in Moscow 2 weeks ago. My first priority was to find an apartment, which luckily I managed to do now. The 2nd priority is to meet people and build up my social life here.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers,

Arnoud

Welcome to expat.ru *arnoud* :wavey: