PDA

View Full Version : Who would you prefer?

Albertina
27-12-2007, 00:24
Please choose one of the following 3 options:

Miracle77777
27-12-2007, 21:23
Nice Poll, Albertina!! :wavey:
I was always wondering - what is the best for employes - male or female boss.....
As we can see in your Poll - most of us (for today) choose Male-boss...
I guess it depends of area where do you working...
In my opinion, women - more emotional and it is easy for them to go out of balance in hard situations....that is not good trait for leaders, who need to be rational and decisive....
But we are more creative and have a fresh-look on problems....so in some spheres we win more often than males....Do you agree??
What boss do you have, by the way??
^-*

Bels
27-12-2007, 21:28
I've always preferred myself being my own boss, other were useless apart from me.

However I will go with women, and most recently my wife who is my mentor in my business. Last great leader in Britain was Was a woman, Margeret Thatcher, with the ones after her being wimps. The previous great leader was Elizabeth the 1st. So, go for women.

Sparklingdiamond
02-01-2008, 13:38
Male boss obviously :wavey:
Easy to make a deal, using our charming :rolleyes:

Benedikt
14-01-2008, 14:48
as long as the person is competent, knowledgeable and knows the job that comes with the position. to me it does not matter as such.:fireworks:

Penelope
14-01-2008, 14:56
I think citizenship and the accompanying cultural milieu the boss was reared in make much more of a difference than gender.

Wodin
18-01-2008, 03:08
Citizenship? In what sense?

Penelope
18-01-2008, 11:34
Citizenship= The country the person grew up in/is a citizen of. The word "Nationality" tends to confuse people in Russia, who assume it means the same as ethnicity. I think in most western cultures, ethnicity has less bearing on a person's behavior and outlook than the cultural milieu he was reared in (the country he's a citizen of).

ezik
18-01-2008, 19:39
Female boss obviously :wavey:

Male boss obviously :wavey:

Well. I actually voted that it makes no difference to me.

Miracle77777
25-01-2008, 23:06
:wavey:
Hello ^-*
By the way does someone of expat-inhabitants notice that all of our bosses/admins/mods are Males!!!!?????
Coincidence?? :suspect: ;)
:tgif:

Bels
25-01-2008, 23:26
On this forum maybe, but we do occasionaly get a few pests from somewhere else :) Who do we see as sense.

But as you have seen on this thread on another topic I have gone for women. Maggie Thatcher, Queen Elizabeth the 1st for example. It depends what we are talking about.

Albertina
25-01-2008, 23:35
I am a good boss, I think. I don't beat my direct reports, let them go to lunch and tell them what to do so that they don't have to think by themselves. Here. Vote for female bosses.

Bels
25-01-2008, 23:52
They're ok. But WOW! But what about dealing with some some on them on the wrong time of a month, just before their period. Aren't they much more vicious than men. Watch out men!! Do you know what I;'m talking about. It's like Jekyl and Hyde.

But I love it later, "Im so sorry! "I'm so sorry" I really do love you darling" I didn't mean it :)

Miracle77777
26-01-2008, 00:23
They're ok. But WOW! But what about dealing with some some on them on the wrong time of a month, just before their period. Aren't they much more vicious than men. Watch out men!! Do you know what I;'m talking about. It's like Jekyl and Hyde.

But I love it later, "Im so sorry! "I'm so sorry" I really do love you darling" I didn't mean it :)

:hooray:
Nice Bels!!!
You are really our forum's psychologist ^^
And...what about guys...u do not have tough moments?? Equal to ours?? Maybe...when hungry?? Or....smth else?? Nature is balanced, you know.....:suspect::bedtime:

khrenn
26-01-2008, 20:54
:wavey:
Hello ^-*
By the way does someone of expat-inhabitants notice that all of our bosses/admins/mods are Males!!!!?????
Coincidence?? :suspect: ;)
:tgif:

The laws of nature; Darwin proven correct again. The male animal is almost always in charge.:cool:

Albertina
26-01-2008, 20:59
The laws of nature; Darwin proven correct again. The male animal is almost always in charge.:cool:

:doh:

:Loco:

What a load of crap.

Anya
26-01-2008, 23:12
Please choose one of the following 3 options:
I have not met yet a female that was a good boss- most tend to get over emotional ...

Bels
26-01-2008, 23:30
I have not met yet a female that was a good boss- most tend to get over emotional ...

Yes, true but there are exceptions. Women didn't cosider Maggie Thatcher as a good portrayal of women and it proved they were against her.

Women are emotional, but they have their uses in general. I think as a group with men and a team with men the balance works out well , and that's how the leading women worked it out.

Albertina
26-01-2008, 23:31

- Was it only in Russia?
- How many of female bosses did you have?
- Are you sure that men are not emotional inside without showing it?
- Is one's person experience representative of all the people's experiences?
- Are you sure that your own perception is unbiased to females, because of your own female features?
- Are you sure that you didn't deserve your bosses' reaction?

(The questions are rhetorical, btw)

blueblue
27-01-2008, 04:01
I guess I've been lucky. Only had a few bad bosses, male and female. Also had great bosses, both male and female. And had 2 professional "mentors" - one male and one female.

Then, after becoming a business owner and having to hire, fire, manage employees (in California!!! Ugh!), and getting sued by an employee for sexual harrassment (a complete shake-down - she then "stole" all my other female employees who subsequently quit from her business and came back to mine after 2 months - amusing, huh?), I've decided:

1. Being a boss is better than being an employee, regardless of gender.
2. Having employees sucks, regardless of gender.
3. All my employees will be outsourced to Russia!!!

Or as one of my mentors said: "It would be a great job if it wasn't for the employees and clients!" har har

Cheers, Eric

Albertina
27-01-2008, 10:57
BB, I couldn't have said it better myself! Totally agree

turkgida
12-02-2008, 10:00
Being a female, I WISH I could vote for "doesn't matter" at the least.
But honestly, my experience tells me to vote for male bosses.

I wonder if Albertina's rhetorical questions apply to me? Hmm, probably they do. (i.e. my own female features might have given me an unrealistic perception of my female bosses)

Lots of love