PDA

View Full Version : Sochi - are you going ?

robertmf
12-11-2013, 20:40
Anybody on this forum planning to go in @ 3 months :question:

:whisper: Watch where you step - metal scavengers are stealing the manhole covers :rolleyes:

Have any expat.ru volunteered (http://rbth.ru/international/2013/11/12/american_expat_realizes_dream_as_volunteer_for_sochi_olympics_31535.html) :question: (Applications closed March 1)

tonytony
12-11-2013, 23:38
Not for the olympics but I'm definitely heading there for the Formula One next year in October

Hayley
12-11-2013, 23:49
Definately going - I got a job in location management YAY

robertmf
13-11-2013, 00:05

What is 'location management' ? Hotel reservations :question:

Russian Lad
13-11-2013, 00:19
Anybody on this forum planning to go in @ 3 months

What for? To pay a lot of cash to billionaires who organized watching a bunch of millionaires making more money on the artificial snow at an overpriced summer resort?:) I will not even watch it on TV, even posting here is more entertaining.

Alan65
13-11-2013, 02:16

Games helper ?

Benedikt
13-11-2013, 03:30
What for? To pay a lot of cash to billionaires who organized watching a bunch of millionaires making more money on the artificial snow at an overpriced summer resort?:) I will not even watch it on TV, even posting here is more entertaining.

there were excellent job offers ( for -Chef-) but only for six month. and nothing afterwards. so no sense leaving what i have now.
but i definitely will be watching. in the winter games Austria is always doing well in the medal count. and if you do it -medals per population proportion- we always come out on top.
Sochi/Krasnaya Polana is not a white elephant, it will take of course more than one olympics to develop the place as winter vacation center.
and while many Russians like to come to Austria or Switzerland or France, there are many Europeans who will come to Russia, in winter for skiing that is. After all this will be NEW to them.
Kufstein, Sölden, Kitzbühel, the Nockberge,Katschberg Ski Region and the like has also not sprung out over night, why is it always expected in Russia to be done over night. and at once?
Many have artificial snow, a controversy indeed, but if and when done sensible and with brains, nothing wrong with it.
I have been in Krasnaya Polana, it is a great place and it will be even better.
The infrastructure will be working and like in Formula one motor racing,
you will get the world cup ski circus here and it will not be dead after the Olympics.
Quite a few sour grapes here, as usual.

VicY
13-11-2013, 07:19
I'd go if only I could get a holiday for that period :(
I have a friend working there at the moment and a couple of ex-customers that run their hotels. Would certainly be great to go...oh well.

Periwinkle
13-11-2013, 12:14
Anybody on this forum planning to go in @ 3 months :question:

:whisper: Watch where you step - metal scavengers are stealing the manhole covers :rolleyes:

Have any expat.ru volunteered (http://rbth.ru/international/2013/11/12/american_expat_realizes_dream_as_volunteer_for_sochi_olympics_31535.html) :question: (Applications closed March 1)

Nope

Russian Lad
13-11-2013, 15:48
Well, I have made some cash off this thing doing written translations and some interpreting, but other than that they can kiss my **** frankly.:) It is a rich boys' toy to make some serious cash off the rank and file and maybe a good entertainment for children.:) :10641: I actually don't understand adults who are into it, unless they are making money there.

natlee
13-11-2013, 16:36
I'd love to! Sadly though, the games don't seem to like me as much as I like them!

penka
13-11-2013, 16:38
I'd love to! Sadly though, the games don't seem to like me as much as I like them!

How do you mean?

Kartoshka
13-11-2013, 22:13
I am going to the Olympics for a long weekend. Volunteered for the Paralympics but have yet to hear a definite yes or no.

natlee
13-11-2013, 23:14
How do you mean? Was in London for the entire period of the Olympics and didn't get to see a single game live, awww! :cry:

Alan65
14-11-2013, 00:10
Was in London for the entire period of the Olympics and didn't get to see a single game live, awww! :cry:

Oh...I had spare tickets for the women's volleyball final...I even think Russia were playing.

Shame we did not know each other.

natlee
14-11-2013, 00:12
Oh...I had spare tickets for the women's volleyball final...I even think Russia were playing.

Shame we did not know each other. Please be joking!

;)

Alan65
14-11-2013, 00:15
Please be joking!

;)

I am not...I gave them away....I got them by being a games helper and directing Russians.

natlee
14-11-2013, 00:22
I am not...I gave them away.... :cry:

I hate my ex fiance to this day for having gone without me.

Alan65
14-11-2013, 00:39
:cry:

I hate my ex fiance to this day for having gone without me.

Will be in Moscow next weekend for the little ones 8th...will be going to the armory...come slong if you like

natlee
15-11-2013, 15:18
Will be in Moscow next weekend for the little ones 8th...will be going to the armory...come slong if you like Thanks Alan, enjoy it as a family and perhaps we could all get together some other time you're in town - preferably when it's warmer! :p

kanga
15-11-2013, 16:33
Russians will need to receive temporary registration three days before they show up in Sochi, starting from Jan. 7

http://www.gazeta.ru/social/news/2013/11/15/n_3327449.shtml

Путин обязал россиян регистрироваться для посещения Олимпиады Сочи 2014
15.11.2013, 15:48 | «Газета.Ru»

Президент России Владимир Путин подписал указ, который обязывает россиян, планирующих приехать на Олимпиаду в Сочи 2014, подавать заявление на временную регистрацию на три дня до прибытия в город. Соответствующий документ опубликован на портале правовой информации.

Правило будет действовать в рамках усиленных мер безопасности с 7 января по 21 марта 2014 года.

Постановление касается только граждан, приезжающих в Сочи самостоятельно. Тех, кто будет жить в гостиницах, санаториях, кемпингах и туристических базах, будет обязана зарегистрировать администрация этих учреждений.

Russian Lad
15-11-2013, 18:35
Wonder how many idiots will go.:)

TolkoRaz
15-11-2013, 20:58

Obama will be there! ;)

natlee
15-11-2013, 21:53
Why idiots? If I had spare time and money (as well as company), or if this were happening in Moscow itself, I'd prolly wanna go...

That said, now that I think of it, the one time an event took place in Moscow I was (living) in Cyprus! :bowdown:

Russian Lad
15-11-2013, 22:09
the one time an event took place in Moscow I was (living) in Cyprus!

What did you do in Cyprus?:)

As to the Olympics - well, big crowds make me nervous, even if I don't pay to participate. And I like interactive stuff. I used to fall asleep in theaters where my ex-girlfriend was dragging me from time to time. And I snore...:)

natlee
15-11-2013, 22:20
What did you do in Cyprus?:)

As to the Olympics - well, big crowds make me nervous, even if I don't pay to participate. And I like interactive stuff. I used to fall asleep in theaters where my ex-girlfriend was dragging me from time to time. And I snore...:)

Hmmm... not much, really! The most relaxing (and incredibly boring) 1.5 years of my life! :)

I hate interactive stuff :shame: and I hate big crowds myself, and was really worried I'd have to stay close to the house once the Olympics took off last summer, but thanks to Boris Johnson there weren't all that many people in town and the atmosphere was brilliant, actually! That said, I doubt Sochi will be as neat... ;)

Russian Lad
15-11-2013, 22:32
I hate interactive stuff

Well, you seem to like this forum. It is interactive...

natlee
16-11-2013, 00:24
Well, you seem to like this forum. It is interactive... Is it? I dunno, I'd say most of us seem to be talking to ourselves :p

andymackem
16-11-2013, 00:35

I said I'd only go if they paid me. So they will. Not going to argue with that.

And yes, I've already gone through the security clearance to get media accreditation. Twice, since I worked at a test event last Feb for a different organization.

Kartoshka
16-11-2013, 00:53
Was in London for the entire period of the Olympics and didn't get to see a single game live, awww! :cry:

Oh no, why not? Surely you could have at least seen the marathon or the triathlon...

natlee
16-11-2013, 01:24
Oh no, why not? Surely you could have at least seen the marathon or the triathlon... I needed a UK card to book the tickets, so essentially, I needed to go with a UK citizen (cause I'd be asked to show the card etc.) My ex didn't have the time, as if, to book the tickets while they were still cheap, and by the time he was so kind to give me his card details nothing remotely affordable was available :( Like I said, I'm still mad about that...

robertmf
16-11-2013, 02:03
:( Like I said, I'm still mad about that...

... and that is why he is eX'd out :whisper: as erased

:AngelPray:

Russian Lad
16-11-2013, 10:46
Like I said, I'm still mad about that...

I envy you, Natlee. Wish I could be mad about not being able to pay good cash and waste my time observing some people running.

natlee
16-11-2013, 11:44
I envy you, Natlee. Wish I could be mad about not being able to pay good cash and waste my time observing some people running. Yet you don't seem to mind wasting your time on here - it is free though, I understand :p

I couldn't care less about the Olympics, but quickly got in the mood. You'd understand had you been there ;) No madness, no huge crowds - just a nation proud and happy :) I was initially forced to watch quite a bit of it on TV (including bits on how the British athletes got to where they are today) and on the big screen(s) in Hyde Park, and before I knew it, I loved it!

My ex got himself a(n expensive) ticket to see some of the games ages in advance. I would've been happy with virtually any games as I was more interested in the atmosphere and the stadium, and there were cheap tickets we could've gotten for all three of us - all you had to do was spend an hour or so online watching the prices and booking the tickets, but obviously I didn't have a UK bank account and he wasn't too bothered about me getting to go. It didn't help the relationship, Robert, no ;)

While there, I also watched some tennis and would just love to go to a Wimbledon game someday :iloveyou:

Russian Lad
16-11-2013, 12:48
Yet you don't seem to mind wasting your time on here - it is free though, I understand

Well, I am here for a number of reasons - no, it is not free, because whenever I am here I am not doing something that earns me cash.:) But here I can exercise my brain a bit in a foreign language, that's the main point. There are also a couple of other minor points.:) Other than that, I am never willing to be a part of a crowd, especially for my own money - controlling and manipulating crowds, I would love that.:)

annasophia
16-11-2013, 13:28
Natlee, it's not so bad as you think. With a bit of last minute pizazz the Sochi winter Olympics may be do-able for you. 'Last minute' is key.

(I'll try not to be too boring here....) The Olympics are one huge international conglomerate sponsorship of farce and hype. We went to Salt Lake in 2002, lived in Beijing in 2008, I read about the fiasco that was London in 2012--the whole thing is blown way out of proportion to extract as much money as possible--in advance--from well heeled internationals.

But by game time the story changes drastically.

In Utah in 2002 near event time we wanted to sell some tickets we had been forced to buy in an early purchase package. No takers. None. Not even at 50% off face value. Cost us thousands.

In Beijing in 2008 the Chinese bused in thousands of citizens to fill empty stadium seats. In Whistler BC for winter Olympics 2010, they were almost giving away tickets by opening day. In London in 2012, conditions and lodgings and ticket prices in advance were so onerous, many events went unfilled.

You wait. The Russians will fcuk things up so badly that at the last minute anyone with some cash and an already existing Russian visa will skate right into almost any Sochi event. I promise you.

You'll be able to get tickets to Sochi events within 2 weeks of the Olympics for face value or less. The only things you might not be able to get into at the last minute will be:

Hockey finals
Figure skating finals

Period. Any other event will be unsold-out at event time. Mark my words.

If you really want to go, what you need is a room, not event tickets. You need to get there, have a place to stay, and you'll be able to get event tickets.

The Olympics have become.....something different than what they used to be. The last really good [winter] Olympics was 1998. They've been mostly shitz since then.

I'm telling you--get a hotel in Sochi, tickets will be easy to come by. Just go do it.

Russian Lad
16-11-2013, 13:34
The Olympics have become.....something different than what they used to be. The last really good [winter] Olympics was 1998. They've been mostly shitz since then.

Some interesting female logic in place here - is they are shitz, why do you urge her to go there?:)

natlee
16-11-2013, 16:02
Natlee, it's not so bad as you think. With a bit of last minute pizazz the Sochi winter Olympics may be do-able for you. 'Last minute' is key.You'll be able to get tickets to Sochi events within 2 weeks of the Olympics for face value or less. The only things you might not be able to get into at the last minute will be:

Hockey finals
Figure skating finals

Period. Any other event will be unsold-out at event time. Mark my words.

If you really want to go, what you need is a room, not event tickets. You need to get there, have a place to stay, and you'll be able to get event tickets.

I'm telling you--get a hotel in Sochi, tickets will be easy to come by. Just go do it. Thanks annasophia, but it's not so much the money this time as it's personal circumstances that won't allow me to travel anywhere for a while, so no chance. Besides which, I'm not that crazy about it, winter sports especially, I never would've gone to London even (and I love London!) for the Olympics specifically - I was just going anyway, so I'm sad that having already been there I didn't get to go, that's all.

And if I were to go to Sochi and in the winter (I hate winters ;)) I'd go to see figure skating - it's my absolute favorite!!! :)

Benedikt
17-11-2013, 06:41
I envy you, Natlee. Wish I could be mad about not being able to pay good cash and waste my time observing some people running.

11 or 22 or how many ever, grown up men, chasing after a little round or oval ball and go crazy about it. and millions sitting in cold :cold:droughty stadiums, or sweating when it is summer. and some more millions sitting in front of the idiot boxes glued their noses to the screen. a beer in one hand, chips or hotdogs in the other.

that is NOT madness?

Russian Lad
17-11-2013, 11:23
11 or 22 or how many ever, grown up men, chasing after a little round or oval ball and go crazy about it. and millions sitting in cold droughty stadiums, or sweating when it is summer. and some more millions sitting in front of the idiot boxes glued their noses to the screen. a beer in one hand, chips or hotdogs in the other.

that is NOT madness?

Mind control in action, Ben.
Well, those who chase the ball, they are making millions, I can understand their aspirations at least.:)

Benedikt
17-11-2013, 20:10
Mind control in action, Ben.
Well, those who chase the ball, they are making millions, I can understand their aspirations at least.:)

tennis, skiing,ice hockey, wrestling ( though not an olympic discipline), ice skating make also money and THESE you consider a waste of watching?

Russian Lad
17-11-2013, 20:28
tennis, skiing,ice hockey, wrestling ( though not an olympic discipline), ice skating make also money and THESE you consider a waste of watching?

Absolutely, total waste of time. Well, unless you are Abramovich and Chelsea is playing. At least for me, I am not promoting this, to each his own - I don't tolerate any activity that is not interactive, mind-developing and/or profitable, with some very rare exceptions.

Benedikt
17-11-2013, 20:52
Absolutely, total waste of time. Well, unless you are Abramovich and Chelsea is playing. At least for me, I am not promoting this, to each his own - I don't tolerate any activity that is not interactive, mind-developing and/or profitable, with some very rare exceptions.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2013/08/26/endorsements-fuel-the-worlds-highest-paid-tennis-players/

and i still left out F1, where the drivers and Bernie Ecclestone make zillions.
And there are quite a few more still....

Russian Lad
17-11-2013, 20:55
The evil grin of capitalism.:)

robertmf
19-12-2013, 03:38
The evil grin of capitalism.:)

:devilish: The USA will be sending a couple of gays to Sochi :rofl: Obama will not be attending

The US State Dept. has no plans to issue a tourist alert for Sochi, even tho' it is rather close to terrorist hotbed den of iniquity

Medusa
19-12-2013, 11:52
Yeah I'll be there as hospitality manager
It's bad news everyday not even looking forward to it anymore

Judge
19-12-2013, 11:54
Yeah I'll be there as hospitality manager
It's bad news everyday not even looking forward to it anymore

What's the bad news?

Medusa
19-12-2013, 12:12
Delays and disorganisation

Stuff falling apart that shouldn't
Hotels not open yet
So there soft opening will be during the Olympics lol

Alan65
20-12-2013, 10:18

Hotels not open yet

Is there any snow there yet?

Judge
20-12-2013, 11:23

Hotels not open yet

So nothing new then...... it's the same story that's been coming out of Sochi for the past year or so,and the usual story to the build up of many previous sporting events... Sure there will be a few teething problems to begin with and up to the last minute a few things like a lick of paint needed and chairs fixing..

I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience:tgif: you can be this sites Sochi reporter, letting us all know how it's going during the games...

Medusa
20-12-2013, 18:08
Snow just arrived
Now if we could get some electricity and working internet we would really be on a roll

FatAndy
20-12-2013, 19:01
Snow just arrived
Now if we could get some electricity and working internet we would really be on a roll
Find old garbage car, dismount 12 V generator, attach to backwheel star of your bicycle. First problem is solved. On Monday I'll think on second one.

Alan65
20-12-2013, 19:05
Find old garbage car, dismount 12 V generator, attach to backwheel star of your bicycle. First problem is solved. On Monday I'll think on second one.

Forget the internet or telecoms....a few empty baked bean cans joined with a bit of string should suffice :D

VicY
20-12-2013, 19:41
I have a sort of my own "reporter" in Sochi - a friend who lived in Shanghai for a long time but was lately shipped to Sochi to be a CR manager on one of the projects.
I'll be asking for more details from now on! :D

Judge
20-12-2013, 23:23
Snow just arrived

So what you're saying there is no electricity and internet in Sochi.....
It must be hard for the workers there working without electricity..
Are you already in Sochi, your location says you're in Moscow?

robertmf
21-12-2013, 00:42
So what you're saying there is no electricity and internet in Sochi.....
It must be hard for the workers there working without electricity..
Are you already in Sochi, your location says you're in Moscow?

What's his IP address say :devilish:

robertmf
26-12-2013, 01:56
With less than six weeks to go until the start of the Winter Olympics in Sochi, the Russian cabinet approved almost $50 million in extra subsidies for the Games' local organizing committee on Wednesday. No reason was given for the extra monetary injection.

Ice machines ? :11363:

ezik
26-12-2013, 22:03
I am NOT going to Sochi, because:
- I fear for my safety I: the concrete of most constructions is not dry yet. I fear collapse.
- I fear for my safety II: an event like this attracts nutters. Several security assessments tell that a safe passage on e.g. trains cannot be guaranteed. I do not expect every metre of railway being checked (it's impossible), but I think that some Muslim separist nutters will bomb it.
- I fear for my safety III: floods and other climate disasters.
- I am not ready to pay the IOC huge fees for attendance.
- I have problems with the unresolved issues with people who were forced to leave their home and never got a proper compensation.
- This is a waste of money at the expense of the normal, modal Russian citizen. It's clear that the Real Estate Bubble around Sochi will bust on 23rd of February. $50 billion going up in air. Orphans live in terrible conditions. Children with Cancer can't get proper treatment in Russia. Elder people are given minimum provisions, begging on the street.

No, not going, sorry.

TolkoRaz
26-12-2013, 22:29
Bah - Humbug! :p

ezik
26-12-2013, 22:33
For me, the most part of the $50 billion (think of what you can do with that for pensioners, handicapped children, orphans, people in towns that have no future) just goes into the pockets of developers that don't give a sh*t about Russia and its people. All the money goes away from Russian economy into shady off-shore accounts. Sochi is not a clean walk in the park. Sochi is a story of enslaved labourers, uncompensated nationalisation of the property of Russian citizens, climate disasters, and a soap bubble that will burst. Who is gonna visit Sochi after the Olympics? Nobody. Sad but true.

Mr. Clean
27-12-2013, 01:23
My opinion has always been that sport is for participating not watching. If you like football go and play it.

TolkoRaz
27-12-2013, 16:48
I will be there in my new Bosco shirt! :)

Mr. Clean
27-12-2013, 16:51

Nice underwear too.

TolkoRaz
27-12-2013, 16:54
I am sure that you are grateful that I was wearing some! :p

Alan65
27-12-2013, 16:56

I thought it was just Russian women who had photos taken in pose :D

TolkoRaz
27-12-2013, 16:58
LOL! Its very difficult taking a photo of oneself wearing a shirt! :D

Welcome to the World of 'Selfies' or whatever they are called! :confused:

TolkoRaz
27-12-2013, 16:59
In fact, come on ladies, lets have a Sochi Shirt Photo Competition?

:)

Mr. Clean
27-12-2013, 17:02
I am sure that you are grateful that I was wearing some! :p

After good old Soviet banya I am not afraid of anything.

TolkoRaz
27-12-2013, 17:05
Nothing more dangerous than a naked Babushka armed with a loofer! :yikes:

Well, apart from one armed with a Kalashnikov or RPG! :bowdown:

Alan65
27-12-2013, 17:07
Nothing more dangerous than a naked Babushka armed with a loofer! :yikes:

Well, apart from one armed with a Kalashnikov or RPG! :bowdown:

I have never heard it called a loofer before, I am assuming you mean the same type of loofer scrub you can get in Thailand :D

FatAndy
27-12-2013, 17:10
After good old Soviet banya I am not afraid of anything.
Go to Georgia ;)

TolkoRaz
27-12-2013, 17:21
LOL! :) The Sulphur baths off Rustavelli are great and there is a much better class of lady there - far more gentle! ;)

TolkoRaz
27-12-2013, 17:22
I have never heard it called a loofer before, I am assuming you mean the same type of loofer scrub you can get in Thailand :D

Not sure, I thought it was a loofer, but may be it is a loafer? :confused:

natlee
27-12-2013, 17:31
Nice underwear too. Yeah what's up with that? :confused: If you meant it as a message of some sort (hmmm!) then there certainly isn't enough of the picture! :suspect: I feel cheated... :mad:

natlee
27-12-2013, 17:34
In fact, come on ladies, lets have a Sochi Shirt Photo Competition?

:) Don't have a Sochi shirt, only a Sochi bear :( Can I borrow yours? After all you and I both know it's gonna look better on me anyway :rolleyes:

Alan65
27-12-2013, 17:40
Not sure, I thought it was a loofer, but may be it is a loafer? :confused:

Tolko, it is far too early in the day for me to begin being to crude to give you an example of how "loofer" is used in slang ;)

penka
27-12-2013, 22:05

And where is the pic of your hairy legs, I wonder?? And muscular arms???

Nat was quite specific: Big, hairy guys!

penka
27-12-2013, 22:05
I thought it was just Russian women who had photos taken in pose :D

Ah, that is how your Russian gf attracted your attention.

wwwhites
02-01-2014, 14:50
Not for the olympics but I'm definitely heading there for the Formula One next year in October

Formula 1 is in Sochi next year?! OMG, I am definitely gong!

wwwhites
02-01-2014, 14:54
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Anybody on this forum planning to go in @ 3 months :question:

No. But if I'll be invited or accompanied I could change my mind

TolkoRaz
02-01-2014, 16:51
Formula 1 is in Sochi next year?! OMG, I am definitely gong!

5 Oktober! :)

robertmf
02-01-2014, 18:50

The Turkish hamam bath houses use the loofa|loofah. Best bloody rub down I've ever had. Great hangover cure, too :)

penka
03-01-2014, 08:15
5 Oktober! :)

Why did you get a German accent all of a sudden?

TolkoRaz
03-01-2014, 10:31
Sorry, it is of course 5 October! :yikes:

natlee
03-01-2014, 15:17
Why did you get a German accent all of a sudden? Have you only just noticed? Skorpio didn't tell ya? ;)

Could also be Russian :question:

penka
03-01-2014, 15:20
Have you only just noticed? Skorpio didn't tell ya? ;)

Could also be Russian :question:

German accent ist so süß, hihi:)

natlee
03-01-2014, 15:30
German accent ist so süß, hihi:) Or did you mean hee hee :question: :p

When in doubt - use ha ha :D

Ibanez
03-01-2014, 16:24
And where is the pic of your hairy legs, I wonder?? And muscular arms???

Nat was quite specific: Big, hairy guys!

Yup, that would be me :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

natlee
03-01-2014, 16:41

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) Really? I may need to have a closer look :suspect: ;) :shame:

penka
03-01-2014, 16:50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Pic, please!:)

necitas
04-01-2014, 12:57
I wish I could make it to see the games this sadly I just don't have the time. :(

robertmf
12-01-2014, 22:20
The U.S. State Department has issued a terrorism alert for Americans traveling to Sochi (http://www.themoscowtimes.com/sochi2014/Sochi-Visitors-Warned-Amid-Threats.html) for the Winter Olympics and Paralympics as security threats continue to emerge in southern Russia, which is set to host the Games next month.

Alan65
12-01-2014, 23:00
The U.S. State Department has issued a terrorism alert for Americans traveling to Sochi (http://www.themoscowtimes.com/sochi2014/Sochi-Visitors-Warned-Amid-Threats.html) for the Winter Olympics and Paralympics as security threats continue to emerge in southern Russia, which is set to host the Games next month.

A CYA, the Russians are issuing similar statements to Russians going to Thailand, advising them not to stay in .

If these statements were not issued and something happened I am sure the lawsuits would follow against the state department etc.