PDA

View Full Version : VV wanted a park, and so it will be

Benedikt
12-11-2013, 16:48
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/new-york-studio-to-design-park-near-kremlin/489447.html

with Tndra and Taiga and Forest and steppe and swamp. and all in one.
6 years nothing happened there. And he says I WANT ( sorry, he only suggests...) and it was all done.

FatAndy
12-11-2013, 17:58
You see, and so called "community" tries to criticise him... :D Though let's see what and when...

Benedikt
12-11-2013, 19:02
You see, and so called "community" tries to criticise him... :D Though let's see what and when...

and who will get to skim of the cream...

okiey
12-11-2013, 20:52
and who will get to skim of the cream...

Sobyanin's crew who dig up perfectly good footpaths around the city and replace them with those paving stones. Back home we call it crazy paving ... pretty apt description here:)

Judge
15-11-2013, 12:42
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/new-york-studio-to-design-park-near-kremlin/489447.html

with Tndra and Taiga and Forest and steppe and swamp. and all in one.
6 years nothing happened there. And he says I WANT ( sorry, he only suggests...) and it was all done.

Good news,Moscow is fast becoming a pedestrian friendly city, new pedestrian zones popping up around the city...
I like what they have done around the Tretyakovskaya/Novokuznetskaya metro stations, kiosks all gone near the metros,closed off the street where McD's is,where there used to be a market place they have now put benches, same for Novokuznetskaya metro,benches and I think a fountain..Looks all neat and tidy now...

Judge
15-11-2013, 12:50
Sobyanin's crew who dig up perfectly good footpaths around the city and replace them with those paving stones. Back home we call it crazy paving ... pretty apt description here:)

Thought the same at first, but now come to think about it, it's worth it, pavement bricks look better, much neater, not ugly looking tarmac pavements that are cracking and uneven ...The new brick pavement soaks up the water, whereas the older style pavement would just gather water on top, and form large puddles, turning into swimming pools in some places,now pavements are water free when it rains...
It's not all perfect with these brick pavements, now and again you can see a brick that came out,but it's easily fixed..

FatAndy
15-11-2013, 12:50
Good news,Moscow is fast becoming pedestrian friendly city, new pedestrian zone popping up around the city...
I like what they have done around the Tretyakovskaya/Novokuznetskaya metro stations, kiosks all gone near the metros,closed off the street where McD's is,where there used to be a market place they have now put benches, same for Novokuznetskaya metro..Looks all neat and tidy now...
BTW, they've narrowed B. Dmitrovka car part to one lane only, and made more wide sidewalks with benches and flower boxes, pavements tiles are not small - up to 0.5 m per side. Some side streets perpendicular to B. Dmitrovka also were made pedestrian.
Most places at Bulv. kol'tso are also not bad nowadays.

NativeEnglish
06-12-2013, 16:03
I can guarentee it won't come in under 200 million USD.

robertmf
06-12-2013, 18:23

And on the 6th [-]day[/-] year [-]God[/-] VVP said, "Let there be [-]light[/-] park"

:respect:

Benedikt
06-12-2013, 23:44
And on the 6th [-]day[/-] year [-]God[/-] VVP said, "Let there be [-]light[/-] park"

:respect:

and the world, or at least Moscow and Muscovites, were happy and impressed and are worshipping him. to no end as it looks....