PDA

View Full Version : The best club in Moscow ever

DJ Biscuit
13-02-2004, 03:11
Your opinions please, what is/has been the best most inintovite club in Moscow over the last 15 years?

Free Man
14-10-2004, 23:58
Night Flight. but 15 years? is there such a place in Moscow?

am4rw
15-10-2004, 02:42
The Albion, of course.

(Sheesh! what did he expect me to say? I don't want to get cut off!):rolleyes:

Ghost
15-10-2004, 08:42
The best PUB is definitely the Albion. For club, it would be hard to say since there are so many I have no visited. I love Karma Bar, to be honest.

Free Man
15-10-2004, 12:42
the question is for the past 15 years???

Free Man
15-10-2004, 12:43
btw wheres the albion? Im clueless...

Random
15-10-2004, 12:48
lilly wongs !! :cool:

Kshisya
15-10-2004, 14:21
Hungry Duck!:hooray: :D

When just opened of course ;) IT was the first outlet in MOscow that allowed dancing on the bars and brought it into the fashion and it was the first place that introduced Clash to the Russians :verycool: respect to Doug ;)

David J
16-10-2004, 04:37
I concur. The Duck was a pioneer! I was not around for its "decline". 15 years ago the only clubs were the "discos" at the Intourist and Cosmos (which were filled with KGB inter-devushkas).
Are you counting are the new-russian clubs?

Billie Bob
16-10-2004, 11:31
Im also interested, wheres the Albion? what is it?

and yes, recall the old intourist hotel black cat lounge, 15 years ago.... or close to it...

the restaurant upstairs was also fine, no devushki there... but the expats used to hang out down stairs, which later became lili wongs...

David J
16-10-2004, 13:07
BB

You sound almost as old as I am. I never went to Lili Wong's (an allergy to cat meat).

What was the name of that club on the Garden Ring (between the Peking Hotel and the zoo)? It was super nasty, but alot o' fun.
:)

Shatneresque
16-10-2004, 13:58
Originally posted by Billie Bob
Im also interested, wheres the Albion? what is it?

and yes, recall the old intourist hotel black cat lounge, 15 years ago.... or close to it...

the restaurant upstairs was also fine, no devushki there... but the expats used to hang out down stairs, which later became lili wongs...

Wasn't this called "The Snake Pit?" Or was that something else?

Knew a lot of expatriates who got rolled there...

Billie Bob
17-10-2004, 10:21
David,

O11 (O one one), you mean behind the ex-american express building?

packed like sardines in a can... the only disco dance floor to go to, and wait for hours to get in... good times, no doubt, if thats the place, other than that, the pakistani embassy? :)

how about the old jackos bar?

Billie Bob
17-10-2004, 10:24
yes the black cat lounge was the official name of the place, the glass upstairs had the sticker as the black cat lounge, but the place was known as the snake pit among us all.

That was one hairy place to be end of the 80s, beginning of the 90s. that era in time... wall to wall expats and plenty of divs.

we some how all knew each other. good ole days.

Teutonic Deity
31-10-2004, 16:02
Originally posted by Shatneresque
Wasn't this called "The Snake Pit?" Or was that something else?

yes, the "Snake Pit" it was - only bar in Moscow open after 10pm in the old days. Heineken beer and the ugliest prostitutes you have ever seen. Also the only bar open during the Coup in '91.

my fav club was Hermitage (long defunct) across from police headquarters on Petrovka - a close second was the orginal Duck

plastique
01-11-2004, 02:29
not to be a complete suck up but i have to agree with Yhoo that the Dog is...dude, what you did there is a total first in Moscow...disco/bar/internet/resturant and cool feel to boot.....