PDA

View Full Version : Rubles to Euro-Best place to exchange?

Medusa
07-11-2013, 16:20
Does anyone know the best place to change Rubles for Euro?
Best rate/lowest commission if anyone's knows or can recommend

Thanks in advance

Simonken
07-11-2013, 20:22

Thanks in advance

The easiest way to find a place close to your location is this website / app.
http://quote.rbc.ru/cash/

Benedikt
07-11-2013, 22:57

Thanks in advance

if the exchange rate seems to be to good it is more often than not for 1000 Euro or Dollar. or more of course. inside the boot or somewhere in a corner
you see than a smaller board, showing the course if you want to exchange a smaller sum.

kiosks also take no crumbled notes, no notes that have writing on it or are held together with sticky tape.

don't trust the electronic counter where they put the wad of money in on top and the machine counts it. they also put double sided sticky tape on top of the drawer that is being used to pull in money and give you your money. these clowns know more dirty tricks than we ever might think of.
when getting the money, COUNT it there and than. and don't let them rush you. DON'T TAKE 5000 RUBLE NOTES FROM THE EXCHANGE BOOTS. to many fakes around....
i never go to boots or kiosks, i have my bank where i get new crisp notes and for sure no fakes and when they count, they count correctly.

Cheyenne
11-11-2013, 15:02
Speaking from personal experience, for years I've been using kiosks to exchange roubles for dollars every month or two in sums no smaller than $1000 at a time. I've never had any problems with incorrect sums or counterfeits when depositing at my bank. Of course, I always count the bills, that's common sense, but in my opinion there's no need to suffer the uncompetitive rates at bank currency exchange desks. I usually use kiosks near Taganskaya or Kurskaya, and generally a 30-rouble spread (no commission) is the average one can expect at these places. FOr the dollar that is, I never pay attention to the euro.

FatAndy
11-11-2013, 15:07

Thanks in advance
I use the exchange point inside Azbuka Vkusa on Simferopol'sky bul'var, 20 or 22, don't remember, for 3 years already.
It's just the most convenient one near my home on m. Chertanovskaya. Though I've found them via that rbc.ru list mentioned by Simonken.

Also, if you plan to exchange the big sum (50K+ oiro or bucks), I recommend to call them in advance to ask if they have enough those funny papers for you ;)

Pls keep in mind some wild places in Europe (for example, petrol stations in Germany and Holland) don't accept 500 oiros papers... :jawdrop: and changing them to hundreds-fifties in the local bank may cost 1%.

Benedikt
11-11-2013, 19:37
Pls keep in mind some wild places in Europe (for example, petrol stations in Germany and Holland) don't accept 500 oiros papers... :jawdrop: and changing them to hundreds-fifties in the local bank may cost 1%.[/QUOTE]

they must have noticed that you are a foreigner... and taken advantage of you. There is NO commission when exchanging a big note into smaller ones.

When i was in Vienna a few month ago, i also took me from Moscow some 500 Euro notes. Went to the bank at the airport and got waht i wanted with no commission whatsoever, was even offered an envelope ....

Benedikt
11-11-2013, 19:39
I usually use kiosks near Taganskaya or Kurskaya, and generally a 30-rouble spread (no commission) is the average one can expect at these places. FOr the dollar that is, I never pay attention to the euro.[/QUOTE]

and when you dig in the posts here you will find out that all what i ahve posted has actually happened to people.
Or it was reported in the newspaper.

FatAndy
11-11-2013, 20:28
they must have noticed that you are a foreigner... and taken advantage of you. There is NO commission when exchanging a big note into smaller ones.

When i was in Vienna a few month ago, i also took me from Moscow some 500 Euro notes. Went to the bank at the airport and got waht i wanted with no commission whatsoever, was even offered an envelope ....
Schiphol airport, though in 2011. Not myself, but my colleague, and I was nearby.
And yes, we spoke bad English, both weared ushanki with a red star and ППШ machine gun on necks and bottles of vodka in hands ;)