PDA

View Full Version : Spam Attack

Judge
24-10-2013, 23:58
The last few weeks we have been getting more than our usual spamming posts
Would just like to say to the members who have been reporting the posts, a BIG Thank You!!!

robertmf
25-10-2013, 01:54
The last few weeks we have been getting more than our usual spamming posts
Would just like to say to the members who have been reporting the posts, a BIG Thank You!!!

:emote_popcorn: It may be *ezik* needs to change the CAPTCHA

Judge
25-10-2013, 13:06
:emote_popcorn: It may be *ezik* needs to change the CAPTCHA

I passed on that message when you first said, it was changed, but it seems these pesky spammers have found a way around it...

robertmf
25-10-2013, 17:32
I passed on that message when you first said, it was changed, but it seems these pesky spammers have found a way around it...

I don't know about vBulletin, but on phpBB I use a Turing test CAPTCHA option and have no problems with 'bots.

With the Turing test the registrant has to answer a question:

e.g.
What is the sum of 3 and 4 ?
The city of Moscow is located in which country ?

If the Turing test is passed, I get an email to review and activate the registration.

In phpBB an additional gobble print CAPTCHA can be used for added protection.

annasophia
05-11-2013, 14:59
The city of Moscow is located in which country ?
If the Turing test is passed, I get an email to review and activate the registration.

Idaho?

Did I pass?

robertmf
05-11-2013, 16:32
Idaho?

:alien: Did I pass?

:( No. "Idaho" isn't a country ;)

The precise origin of the name Moscow, Idaho, has been disputed.

There is no conclusive proof that it has any connection to the Russian city (the Russian municipality is pronounced 'MoskVA' and the Idaho municipality is pronounced 'MosCO'), though various accounts suggest it was purposely evocative of the Russian city or named by Russian immigrants.

It was reported by early settlers that five men in the area met to choose a proper name for the town, but could not come to agreement on a name. The postmaster Samuel Neff then completed the official papers for the town and selected the name Moscow.

TRIVIA Interestingly, Neff was born in Moscow, Pennsylvania and later moved to Moscow, Iowa.

Moscow, Idaho (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow,_Idaho)

annasophia
05-11-2013, 16:42
Idaho not a country? I beg your pardon sir, but I believe Boise is the capitol of that outlaw paradise and there are plenty of armed backwoods preppers to back that shitz up. Pfffft. Just ask the Canadians, they'll tell you straight up about Ida-ho.

~It's always been such an amusing and annoying phenomena for me when googling a search of Moscow with an American IP address, you always have to add Moscow, Russia or you get a crapload of stupid I DA HO search returns.

America is so provincial.

robertmf
05-11-2013, 17:08
Idaho not a country? I beg your pardon sir, but I believe Boise is the capitol of that outlaw paradise and there are plenty of armed backwoods preppers to back that shitz up.

For the past few years, Idaho has been getting expensive from Californians retiring there.

... I just entered "Moscow" into google and the top dozen returns are all Moscow, Russia.

AstarD
08-11-2013, 12:49
edit.

FatAndy
10-12-2013, 15:38
Just to bump the thread.

Comrades, these cockroaches' assault continues.

Please DON'T HESITATE to report any direct or suspected spammers.

TolkoRaz
10-12-2013, 16:36
I want to report FatAndy! :coffee:

penka
10-12-2013, 16:37
My my... We got the enemy within!

FatAndy
10-12-2013, 16:54
I want to report FatAndy! :coffee:
You just want but I know members who did! :D

penka
10-12-2013, 17:07