PDA

View Full Version : if there ever were some stupid jerks...

Benedikt
19-10-2013, 22:11
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24591711

than for sure it must have been these two blobs of fat.:ak::ak::ak::ak:

Jas
19-10-2013, 22:38
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24591711

than for sure it must have been these two blobs of fat.:ak::ak::ak::ak:

As bad as the Talibs in Bamyan.

Judge
23-10-2013, 09:34
There's more to this story, the idiot that pushed over the boulder filed a personal injury lawsuit a few weeks ago, says he suffers from "serious, permanent and debilitating injuries."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/22/us/utah-boulder-boy-scouts/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29

Russian Lad
23-10-2013, 09:58
The guy pushed a rock, what's the big deal? Criminal charges? Come on. It takes millions years for any rock to form, go outside - the soil all around you is millions of years old. It is like persecuting someone who planted potatoes at his dacha because he disturbed the soil that is millions years old. Rather stupid. What was so special about that particular rock besides the fact that it was easy to topple it? People want to sue this guy while industrial corporations are freely disturbing huge ecosystems (all millions of years old and even more beautiful than this rock:)) with shale gas production, oil drilling and so forth.
Besides, if one man could easily push it over, it indeed could have killed someone eventually.

Judge
23-10-2013, 10:17
I guess you're not much of a nature lover , like it says, takes millions of years to form rock formations like the one toppled over.... people go there to enjoy nature, it wouldn't be much of a place if vandals destroyed the park..

http://grandcanyon.free.fr/images/rock/original/Land%20of%20Goblins,%20Goblin%20Valley%20State%20Park,%20Utah%20.jpg

Russian Lad
23-10-2013, 10:23
like it says, takes millions of years to form rock formations like the one toppled over....

It takes millions of years for any rock to form, come to Saint Pete, I will show you thousands or rocks in various positions, some can be toppled over I think - with impunity!:) It is not that there are many people who enjoy doing it, however, for obvious reasons - well, I assume most people just don't regard it as solid entertainment.:) Since when exactly a big, unsteady, naturally formed bolder is a rarity to be protected?:) Well, is there a specific prohibition in this park against touching/pushing stones? If so then there are some grounds for persecuting this guy, if not, it is worse than in the North Korea or Uganda.

Judge
23-10-2013, 10:34
It takes millions of years for any rock to form, come to Saint Pete, I will show you thousands or rocks in various positions, some can be toppled over I think.:) Since when exactly a big unsteady bolder is a rarity to be protected?:) Well, is there a specific prohibition in this park against touching/pushing stones?

I think there would be signs warning people not to climb or push over boulders, people visit the place to see these boulders, I don't know, but I would think it's one of the most visted parks in the US..It's common sense really, not to push boulders over,the guy did it for a laugh..

I'm checking out the site, seems there's loads to do at this park..I'll make a mental note of this park,place to visit if I ever make it to the US...

This is written on their site..

Plants, Animals and Rocks All plants, animals, minerals and other natural features in state parks are protected. It is unlawful to hassle, remove, alter or destroy them.

http://www.stateparks.utah.gov/reservations

Russian Lad
23-10-2013, 12:51
Plants, Animals and Rocks All plants, animals, minerals and other natural features in state parks are protected. It is unlawful to hassle, remove, alter or destroy them.

Sure, if these rocks are so important then he should go to jail.:)

Benedikt
23-10-2013, 16:16
[QUOTE=Russian Lad;1233593]The guy pushed a rock, what's the big deal?
after all Ayers Rock down under is also just a rock, just a little bit bigger. and such fuss is being made, and for a reason.
let a looney push over a few stones at Stonehenge , what's the fuss, a few stones that were put together a few thousand years ago?

drilling for oil and gas, fracking and the like are complete different stories.

Russian Lad
23-10-2013, 16:27
let a looney push over a few stones at Stonehenge , what's the fuss, a few stones that were put together a few thousand years ago?

Ben, if you read my posts above, you will find the words "naturally formed" there (ref.: post #6) referring to those stones. As opposed to hand-made stone structures like Stonehedge of course. See, I was sure this line of argument would come, so I took precautions and made it clear, as I hoped.:)

Benedikt
23-10-2013, 18:17
Ben, if you read my posts above, you will find the words "naturally formed" there (ref.: post #6) referring to those stones. As opposed to hand-made stone structures like Stonehedge of course. See, I was sure this line of argument would come, so I took precautions and made it clear, as I hoped.:)

to some -natural formed stones- are heritage to others -hand made-..

Jack17
23-10-2013, 19:15
I will show you thousands or rocks in various positions, some can be toppled over I think - with impunity!:)

RL, have you ever thought of building a website where you show something or someone other than "rocks" in various positions?

Russian Lad
23-10-2013, 19:50
RL, have you ever thought of building a website where you show something or someone other than "rocks" in various positions?

What do you mean?:) Nudity will be strictly prohibited.:) Or you mean something else? Like rocks=logs in bed?:)