PDA

View Full Version : Russian international passport

Probe
14-10-2013, 17:01
Hi, I would like to know from our local members how long does it take a Russian to acquire their FIRST international travel passport?

Is there any option for fast track?

Thank you

Jas
14-10-2013, 17:05
Hi, I would like to know from our local members how long does it take a Russian to acquire their FIRST international travel passport?

Is there any option for fast track?

Thank you

In Kazan it is seven weeks.

NataliaSavelieva
14-10-2013, 17:15
It took me four weeks in Moscow.
And yes, one can follow the process by entering the number of the Russian passport on the site of FMS Moscow.

inorcist
14-10-2013, 17:21
If you do it at the place where you're registered and want to have the new biometric passport it shouldn't be longer than five weeks or one month. That's the maximum tenure stated by the applicable regulation. Most people I know who recently needed to get new passports were able to renew them within ten days or two weeks.

If you don't do it at the place of your registration it takes up to four months - again max tenure given by whatever regulation is applicable here. From what I know, it does take three to four months because documents have to be sent to your hometown and back.

There's also the gosuslugi website through which you can submit the application online. People say it's a bit quicker if you kick off the process through this site.

Potty
14-10-2013, 17:26
If you tell them that you need it fast, make up a nice reason, make a desperate face and say "pretty please with sugar on top" the will do it faster. Well, worked for me years ago.

FatAndy
14-10-2013, 17:51

Срок предоставления государственной услуги со дня подачи заявления (с приложением всех необходимых документов) не должен превышать:

по месту жительства - один месяц;

по месту пребывания или фактического проживания - четыре месяца;

при оформлении паспорта нового поколения заявителю, имеющему (имевшему) допуск к сведениям особой важности или совершенно секретным сведениям, отнесенным к государственной тайне в соответствии с Законом Российской Федерации от 21 июля 1993 г. № 5485-1 О государственной тайне - три месяца.

George.G.
14-10-2013, 19:26
check out passport-visas center (паспортно-визоввый центр) it will take from 2 to 20 days depends on passport type and registration

www .9954000.ru/cont/srochnoe-oformlenie-zagranpasporta-cns-10/

UPSisu
14-10-2013, 22:41
FatAndy's post is correct - there are basically 2 routes, either the applicant does the process with the FMS office in the city or district they are permanently registered, and by law that process is allowed 1 month. I have had several work colleagues do this, and the process is pretty reliably done at nearly 1 month's time, never much earlier (this is in Moscow oblast). My girlfriend did the other route, where she applied at the FMS in the city where we live, but it is not the city she is permanently registered in. We submitted the papers in mid-September, and the passport was finished in early February.

I guess other tip I can offer, is see if your FMS office works with an outside agency that preps the application for you. This can save you the hassle of sitting in line, only to get nit-picked by the FMS clerk about errors or incompleteness of your paperwork. I did this for my girlfriend's application after hearing stories about such hassles from my co-workers. It was 500 rubles, worth it to me to not have to go back a 2nd or 3rd time just to accept the application