PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip Anyone?????-Riga

plastique
10-02-2004, 19:04
I need to get my visa renewed....friend just did it in Riga and it cost him $140 for overnight service....the train down was $55 and back the same....A little bit whigged about going all by my lonesome and was wondering if anyone else was planning on going in the near future......

psiems
10-02-2004, 19:06
I still have until August on my visa, but let me know how it goes. I am interested to see just how the process works since I always go back to the States to get mine!

yankee@moscow
10-02-2004, 19:39
I renewed my visa in Kiev. It was a breeze. My boss went to Talin, Estonia. It was a little bigger deal, but he had a good time while he was there. Give us a report if you go.

Billie Bob
10-02-2004, 21:19
<Riga and it cost him $140 for overnight service....>

what type of visa?

haven't seen this price, and I was just there in the fall.

can't be that dirt cheap, then again, what type of visa?

ReturnOfBroadmoor
10-02-2004, 21:53
I would go because I will soon be finishing a major project and need a break for a couple of days, but I don't want to give up my migration card with the registration in it, as long as the police are (rightfully) checking registrations :(.

DPG
11-02-2004, 11:01
Originally posted by yankee@moscow
I renewed my visa in Kiev. It was a breeze. My boss went to Talin, Estonia. It was a little bigger deal, but he had a good time while he was there. Give us a report if you go.

How much is the consular fee in Kiev?? What was the service at the embassy like??

Fa-Q!
11-02-2004, 13:49
I'll go with ya plastique! I got a box of rubbers and a new tube of K-Y Jelly.........

Fa-Q!
11-02-2004, 14:01
...promise I won't get you pregnant..........

MORPHEUS
11-02-2004, 15:25
Originally posted by DPG
How much is the consular fee in Kiev?? What was the service at the embassy like??

Kiev is a complete rip off, for one. $500 for same day m.e. visa turnaround. Also, having to deal with the UKR embassy in Moscow for the UKR visa is enough to make one want to slit one's throat. Riga, Tallinn, Prague -- all user friendly and no visa requirement for U.S./U.K./Canadians.

My visa is good until March. Plastique, when you heading down?

zzap
11-02-2004, 17:15
I'm actually going this week-end (14th), getting the visa on Monday.

Probably too short a notice for anyone else to get an invitation and join me, though...

Fa-Q!
11-02-2004, 17:22
Hell, I'm going just for the nookie!

plastique
11-02-2004, 18:00
k--fa-q, no nookie...sorry....i have to go within the next few weeks, with one week lead time to get my exit visa here....i'm thinking last week feb. first week mar...

Fa-Q!
11-02-2004, 18:14
Damn! Just my luck, Plastique. Oh well, at least I'm used to no nookie. I have a Plan B for that bottle of KY Jelly. Anyway, Old Riga is pretty cool, so you should have a good time.