PDA

View Full Version : After-work exhaustion

Albertina
20-12-2007, 20:16
What do you guys do (apart from drinking or sauna) to get out of the state of complete and utter tiredness and exhaustion that I personally have after 7 p.m. when I come home.
Are you able to do anything, like cooking, learning a foreign language, take time for hobbies, etc.

The only thing I can do is drink or watch TV....

All the advice will be appreciated!

AndreyS
20-12-2007, 20:37
Personally, I am sometimes stressed out after a hard day at work. On my way home I relax enough. It takes about 1 hour to get back home. At home my cat meets me at the door purring and mewing. Then I feed her, Then check my e-mail and expat.ru. Then take a bath. Then I have some tea and sit glued to the TV screen. Cat sits alongside purring, which is important for both of us. And so on and so forth. At 12 I go to bed. I love my evenings, they are really time of my life. I am complete couch potato. :-)))

Don't say that it all sounds arrogant. :-)))

AndreyS
20-12-2007, 21:01
Cooking? What for???

xSnoofovich
20-12-2007, 21:05
i cook. and i have movies downloaded. me n the gf watch the movie of the night while ( for bels - whilst) we eat our dinner ( for bels - supper ) . :)

Bels
20-12-2007, 21:32
I've been exhausted these past few days, hence my temperment :) And what did i find on another thread, not exactly issues that I would un-wind.

More like wound-up :)

But seriously, I like to watch a good DVD in English.

Albertina
20-12-2007, 21:43
I also watch movies most of the time. But I need to do some studies and do some chores, which I have no energy for. That's what I'm asking about... how do you get your energy back, if you do :cry:

AndreyS
20-12-2007, 22:04
I also watch movies most of the time. But I need to do some studies and do some chores, which I have no energy for. That's what I'm asking about... how do you get your energy back, if you do :cry:

After we had been heavily arguing on Saturday I was completely down all Sunday not able to do anything. By Monday morning I recovered somehow without using any special means.

Miracle77777
21-12-2007, 22:38
Personally, I am sometimes stressed out after a hard day at work. On my way home I relax enough. It takes about 1 hour to get back home. At home my cat meets me at the door purring and mewing. Then I feed her, Then check my e-mail and expat.ru. Then take a bath. Then I have some tea and sit glued to the TV screen. Cat sits alongside purring, which is important for both of us. And so on and so forth. At 12 I go to bed. I love my evenings, they are really time of my life. I am complete couch potato. :-)))

Don't say that it all sounds arrogant. :-)))

That is really nice about a cat :hooray:
Immediately imagine some little fur creation with brilliant kind eyes and soft paws.....
Like this

Looks the same ??? ;)

Miracle77777
21-12-2007, 22:53
Hi dear Albertina!
It is nice that you put such a thread here^-* I think that is really important - to be able relax well after long and exhausting day :groan:
All depend of person, of course...
If you do want to know my opinion - I have no (yet) a long tiring office days - simply, because in my profession I need to work most of the time at home or studio....
But for me it is important too - to get some relieving, especially from emotional tense...
Very often, if it is not too late - I am going for shopping....I think - it is the best "recovery operation" for women...you even need no to buy everything from windows!! Just look around...find some interesting things,,,make plans for future - and you will see, how your mood will improved ;) ;)
I do not like cook.....:groan: unfortunately maybe....eapecially for my future husband ;)
But I like to study in my free time..language..history...I do not advice to take it very seriously....but if you're learning what you eagerly interesting of - you will get a lot of positive emotions....isn't it a relaxation???
And , as said Andrey - sometimes you just need spend an evening with a good company (may be not just cat...but someone very nice for you:goldy:) and good movie.....
If I will remember smth else - will write here...if u don't mind :bookworm:
Regards....and....good relaxation today :D :D

Bels
21-12-2007, 23:45
It's very hard to be a couch potato if you have a family, a 10year old son, an energetic 20 month baby, a busy wife looking after the children and administrating with phone calls about my kids homeworks on lessons etc. And an old Babooshka. WoW! Hurry up the building of my house :) Wow! leave me alone :) My kids at school and then my duty with my kids at home. Leave me alone :)

AndreyS
22-12-2007, 00:06
...but you d like to?

Miracle77777
22-12-2007, 00:20
It's very hard to be a couch potato if you have a family, a 10year old son, an energetic 20 month baby, a busy wife looking after the children and administrating with phone calls about my kids homeworks on lessons etc. And an old Babooshka. WoW! Hurry up the building of my house :) Wow! leave me alone :) My kids at school and then my duty with my kids at home. Leave me alone :)

Wow!!!
You have a 20 month baby!! It is very nice!!
By the way...sorry for mix threads a little...but we used to have in Korea a tradition - when Baby is turned to be one year old - we have a big celebration for him :applause::applause:
And the most important part of that celebration is - we lay out before Baby different things...like toys, money(coins especially, as they are gleaming ^-*), needle...book...spoon e t.c.
And the first thing which he/she will take - will point out his future ;):D
Do you have smth same??
PS: Hugs to your little :wavey:

kazachka
17-01-2008, 23:43
Try not to skimp on sleep(it's tough I know).
Vitamins and supplements esp C and B complexes
Antioxidants - I take Microhydrin

Sometimes, I have students in the morning then come home and train before going to my job in the evening til 20.00. Sometimes, I get lucky enough to have a nap after my workout, lunch, and shower if I have morning class that day. Catnaps rule! Workouts M-F for me usually constitute 20km of something be it an ez run, tempo run, or intervals of sorts. If you are in shape, you will have more energy. SOme days, I don't start work til mid afternoon and workout late morning first. I have a goofy schedule:) but it works because I get to run during the daylight hours yr round.

Evenings- I get home late- like 21.30 ish. On the late days, I'm lucky my BF is a great cook. Cooking at 10pm is one of the last things I feel like doing. After dinner, we chill, I may take some down time on the computer or planning lessons. Then it's :bedtime:

The key to this is SLEEP. 5-6 even 7 hours won't cut the mustard for me anymore. 8-9 and I'm ok. So on my days when I have morning students, that afternoon nap is key.

quincy
18-01-2008, 23:51
What do you guys do (apart from drinking or sauna) to get out of the state of complete and utter tiredness and exhaustion that I personally have after 7 p.m. when I come home.
Are you able to do anything, like cooking, learning a foreign language, take time for hobbies, etc.

The only thing I can do is drink or watch TV....

All the advice will be appreciated!
how bad is your exhaustion? are you 100% OK at work or do you feel a certain tiredness during working hours as well? do you have any other symptoms?

Albertina
19-01-2008, 00:41
how bad is your exhaustion? are you 100% OK at work or do you feel a certain tiredness during working hours as well? do you have any other symptoms?

At work, I don't feel tired physically, just on the edge and stressed. Then after work I can only eat, drink and watch movies and only in the best case go to the swimming pool. I can't exercise, cook, study something, even read.

Miracle77777
19-01-2008, 00:47
I thought you have been relaxed well for holidays,,,:celebrate::drink:

Albertina
19-01-2008, 01:25
I thought you have been relaxed well for holidays,,,:celebrate::drink:

YEah, I was relaxed a week ago. ANd this thread is very old :-)
But still nothing changed with my exhaustion.:bedtime:

pjw
19-01-2008, 02:06
Hey Albertina,
Maybe itīs something to do with winter:cold: I mean, I donīt think I need to tell you how the freezing temperatures, less hours of daylight etc affect us. I always feel weird in winter. In spring everythingīs gonna be better for all of us.:sunny:
Pete

quincy
19-01-2008, 11:27
YEah, I was relaxed a week ago. ANd this thread is very old :-)
But still nothing changed with my exhaustion.:bedtime:

it sounds as though your body is reacting to excessive stress/tension during working hours. so your exhaustion went away while you had the Christmas/NY break. did you have exhaustion in your previous job? do you get other symptoms like headaches?

Albertina
19-01-2008, 11:44
sounds like you are a doctor, quincy?
for sure my body reacts to psychological stress at work. I guess I need to understand what actually causes it at work. Might be the way things are done at work - fast, unpredictable, sporadic style, perhaps.

pjw
19-01-2008, 15:36
Hi:sunny:
What kinda jobs do you guys have, btw?:eh: I teach:hippydj:
Pete

quincy
19-01-2008, 16:59
sounds like you are a doctor, quincy?
for sure my body reacts to psychological stress at work. I guess I need to understand what actually causes it at work. Might be the way things are done at work - fast, unpredictable, sporadic style, perhaps.
you are now interrogating me?! getting cheeky eh?:evilgrin:
are there unreasonable demands being made on you at work?
if yes, you must speak to him/her/them and explain your limits

Albertina
19-01-2008, 23:44
It's so complicated - I need the whole Feng-Shui master class to revamp my situation.
I think I'll start by remodelling my office :cheerleader:

What do you think - should I buy a room fountain or a bird in the cage to sing for me?!

pjw
20-01-2008, 00:06
[/QUOTE]I think I'll start by remodelling my office :cheerleader:

What do you think - should I buy a room fountain or a bird in the cage to sing for me?![/QUOTE]

The bird in a cage idea could work. I see your chances as 50 - 50.
Your boss in a cage WILL work. 100%. (Let him out on the weekends if he sings sweetly) :cheerleader:
Pete

Miracle77777
20-01-2008, 00:13
Hey Albertina,
Maybe itīs something to do with winter:cold: I mean, I donīt think I need to tell you how the freezing temperatures, less hours of daylight etc affect us. I always feel weird in winter. In spring everythingīs gonna be better for all of us.:sunny:
Pete

Hey, Mate!!
Have you been here in real winter?!
Like the previous one with temperature around minus 35-40...!!?? and deep snow layers...and icicles??
Come on...this winter not is a coldest one...and I rather do like it :applause:

Miracle77777
20-01-2008, 00:17
[QUOTE=Albertina;334084]It's so complicated - I need the whole Feng-Shui master class to revamp my situation.
QUOTE]

Well...precious advice to u: set you computer far enough from bookshelves, cofee-table and others important areas.....For if you will need smth - you will walk around your office for a few minutes and give a training to your bones :agree:
And I am not joking !

Albertina
20-01-2008, 00:29
[QUOTE=Albertina;334084]It's so complicated - I need the whole Feng-Shui master class to revamp my situation.
QUOTE]

Well...precious advice to u: set you computer far enough from bookshelves, cofee-table and others important areas.....For if you will need smth - you will walk around your office for a few minutes and give a training to your bones :agree:
And I am not joking !
this is not an issue - i have my own office, but always walk a lot arond r=the common area

quincy
20-01-2008, 00:50
It's so complicated - I need the whole Feng-Shui master class to revamp my situation.

What do you think - should I buy a room fountain or a bird in the cage to sing for me?!
whichever reduces your stress level, but also remember to talk to your boss, or your manager about it! udachi;)

pjw
20-01-2008, 01:13
Hey, Mate!!
Have you been here in real winter?!
Like the previous one with temperature around minus 35-40...!!?? and deep snow layers...and icicles??
Come on...this winter not is a coldest one...and I rather do like it :applause:

No sorry, Miracle77777:sunny:, I was only in CIS in summers
I donīt like :cold:because Iīm not European. But :bowdown:respect to those who go outside when itīs below zero:cheerleader: I stay in til the food runs out

Pete

Albertina
20-01-2008, 01:31
You don't feel any difference after around - 15 C, i.e. for me -15 C and -25 C feel the same, and I enjoy the cold here - it's real fun.

pjw
20-01-2008, 02:13
You don't feel any difference after around - 15 C, i.e. for me -15 C and -25 C feel the same, and I enjoy the cold here - it's real fun.

I only been down to minus 15. Snow everywhere.
Just read on another thread about ice skating. That must be a really cool thing to do. Do you like it? Does it give you energy? It sounds like fun:sunny:

As I said, thereīs nothing like spring. The first Latte Macchiato outside end of Feb or start of March. Unbeatable. But Iīm sure winter has stuff too. But for me itīs just a question of getting from Autumn to Spring.

Birthday boy:celebrate:

Albertina
20-01-2008, 10:55
pjw, is it your birthday today? :cheerleader:

Yes, skating completely takes away my fatigue, but I'm too tired to go skating after work. Maybe that's something to change!

pjw
20-01-2008, 12:34
pjw, is it your birthday today? :cheerleader:

Yes, skating completely takes away my fatigue, but I'm too tired to go skating after work. Maybe that's something to change!

Yes Albertina:celebrate: Itīs my big day today.
Strange thing about these fun activities like skating, bowling, riding bikes down to the river..........sometimes itīs hard to do (although we know they are +ve) but these things are worth it and make us feel good. We gotta do it more. Let me know when youīve been skating and how it was. Do you like the music they play? Or is it outside?

Pete:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Miracle77777
20-01-2008, 22:13
[QUOTE=Miracle77777;334093]
this is not an issue - i have my own office, but always walk a lot arond r=the common area

:groan:
Ok..Ok..Just wanted to help....:eh: :eh:

DBND
20-01-2008, 22:22
I misunderstood the title. I thought that after-work exhaustion had something to do with extensive hours at expat.ru.

Albertina
20-01-2008, 23:17
I misunderstood the title. I thought that after-work exhaustion had something to do with extensive hours at expat.ru.

Let me be more precise then - i was talking about the exhaustion I feel after 6 p.m. No access to expat at work by the way. Thanks god.

pjw
20-01-2008, 23:38
Let me be more precise then - i was talking about the exhaustion I feel after 6 p.m. No access to expat at work by the way. Thanks god.

Definitely gotta get expatru at work Albertina:sunny:
But make sure you put plenty of nonforumtime in too everyday:celebrate:
:sunny:Pete

Albertina
20-01-2008, 23:46
are you kidding?! I have a lumbar extention problems already from sitting. jeez, gotta get a life! SPORT, SPORT, SPORT!

is4fun
21-01-2008, 16:25
Maybe you have SAD? The article will provide some answers. I do suffer from this usually in November however, many people also do at the beginning of the new year. I use almost all of the noted remedies and they seem to work for me.

CityNews: SAD Strikes As Winter Light Fades (http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_7445.aspx)

pjw
21-01-2008, 19:36
Maybe you have SAD? The article will provide some answers. I do suffer from this usually in November however, many people also do at the beginning of the new year. I use almost all of the noted remedies and they seem to work for me.

CityNews: SAD Strikes As Winter Light Fades (http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_7445.aspx)

A good article. Strange what they said about Iceland:eh: I heard that in Germany about 10% have depression and this percentage doubles in winter. I havenīt got it bad at all this year, although I remember other years it was terrible. Everyoneīs different. Some people think itīs just an attitude, but anyone who gets it knows itīs an illness that you canīt just think away. Sounds like these tips from the article that you use seem to help. Thatīs good:celebrate: I just look forward to spring. Itīs still pretty much a taboo topic sadly. Maybe this changes in the future. I donīt know. I really never talk about it with anyone. Maybe thatīs why people donīt understand this illness, because the people who have it keep it secret. Hmmmmmmm:eh:
:sunny:Pete:sunny:

Albertina
21-01-2008, 21:38
I don;t have SAD. I have tiredness.

pjw
21-01-2008, 21:55
I don;t have SAD. I have tiredness.

Ok. How many hours sleep do you normally get a night? :eh::cheerleader:Do you always feel tired waking up? Sorry to pry. Just wanna know
:sunny:Pete:sunny:

Albertina
21-01-2008, 22:13
I sleep 7 hours. And maybe 9 over the week-end. But I'm an owl, not an ealry bird. So I suffer in the morning and feel energized in the night. Life sucks! :eek:

pjw
21-01-2008, 22:28
I sleep 7 hours. And maybe 9 over the week-end. But I'm an owl, not an ealry bird. So I suffer in the morning and feel energized in the night. Life sucks! :eek:

I wish I felt as relaxed, awake and as centred in the morning as I do at night:D You too huh?:question:
:smurf:Pete:smurf:

DBND
21-01-2008, 22:59
I suffer from daytime insomnia, does that count?

DBND
21-01-2008, 23:01
But seriously, I need plenty of sleep. Work keeps my occupied, but it is these addictions that really seem to wreck me...

pjw
21-01-2008, 23:18

Daytime insomnia?:eh:

pjw
22-01-2008, 00:32
But seriously, I need plenty of sleep. Work keeps my occupied, but it is these addictions that really seem to wreck me...

And addictions.........of what kind please?:celebrate:

Albertina
22-01-2008, 02:59
If I were you, I'd consider it the least of your problems :evilgrin::inlove: :D:Loco:

Sorry, I am :drink::drink::drink:.

DBND
22-01-2008, 21:49
And addictions.........of what kind please?:celebrate:

I post so I am...

Albertina
22-01-2008, 22:03
I post so I am...

DBND, When you don't post, do you stop to exist?!

pjw
22-01-2008, 22:54
I post so I am...

But please do specify.

Weīre not............. Weīre not going to..............Weīre not going to..............eat you:vader:

Albertina
23-01-2008, 00:39
I think I know why I'm so exhausted - i drink red wine too often after work :devil:
:-))) :rolleyes::nut:

Miracle77777
23-01-2008, 00:53
I think I know why I'm so exhausted - i drink red wine too often after work :devil:
:-))) :rolleyes::nut:

Thanks God not Before... :D :nut: :suspect:
:bedtime:

pjw
24-01-2008, 01:31

:gorgeous:Hey Albertina,
Any more thoughts about changing your office round a little bit? Ideas, new thoughts? Iīm sure youīve got some plants in your office, making it look nice.

And what about the skating? Did you get out or maybe it just didnīt happen this time around?:gorgeous: Give us an update if you like:eh:

Albertina
24-01-2008, 08:37
I bought a Feng-shui book and threw away loads of stuff both at home and office. Feel better. Did skating on the week-end - great feeling and stuff.
I am still exhausted after work, but that's because of the Moscow stress and I can't change it.

pjw
24-01-2008, 10:57
I bought a Feng-shui book and threw away loads of stuff both at home and office. Feel better. Did skating on the week-end - great feeling and stuff.
I am still exhausted after work, but that's because of the Moscow stress and I can't change it.

Hi, Iīm glad you went skating. Stuff like that gives us energy, for a small investment of will-power or determination to go, we get alot back. I donīt understand why itīs so hard, but it is. I wanna do swimming for my fitness, body, health, relaxed feeling etc Havenīt ben in 6 months - 1 year. So I guess now itīs my turn to do something instead of talking about it and pondering:nut:

Chucking stuff at work and home can be good to get more space, more organisation. Thatīs right. Also small amounts of time/energy in this area can produce some nice results. Good on ya:thumbsup:

pjw
24-01-2008, 13:59

Just one thing I donīt get Albertina.

How can a city be stressful? I know itīs stressful, but I canīt define exactly why. What is it, size, spread out, number of people, wages compared with costs? Iīm thinking about it and I donīt get it. I lived in Sydney and London. Visited Moscow but havenīt worked there.

I know Moscow is big and the metro gets f.ing full and stressed people etc. But is it just that itīs not the right town for you? I mean, letīs turn it round a minute Albertina. If you had a quick trip to work, a job that you enjoyed, nice office etc, lots of free time, friends you were able to see when you wanted............I mean if all the conditions were right, could it be an unstressed city? I think perhaps itīs how we perceive things that determines if itīs stressful and I think it could be stressful for one and another says, Hey this is the best city on earth, the clubs, the people, this place gives me energy and takes it in natural flow..............

I donīt know but in saying all this, I must say, Iīm pretty discontented about my life, job, town.......although everythingīs basically pretty ok I guess. Tell me if you get anything from the feng shui book. Now iotīs almost weekend and deciding what to do. Was that this thread or another one? Maybe take off to Czech. Iīll keep thinking about the city question. And also ask myself why I donīt do more positive things like swimming. Is the forum positive? Yes, lots of self-expression, listening, communicating. Gotta dash:nut:

Miracle77777
24-01-2008, 18:23

Do not get me wrong, Alb.....I have nothing personal against u at all....But after so many pages about this "problem":rolleyes:,,,
I guess it is time to admit - nothing could help you except yourself!!!!!!

All that stuff about Feing Shui is totally crap...it is working only if you are living in it all the time and this is your strongest believe!!....
It is a kind of phylosophy and you could not just make some changes in your office, like to put plants on the North side and pose yourself on the South....
Do not think that this quotes from book - I just make an example....:shhhhhh:

I would be glad if this will work with you...More than that - I hope for it....But the first thing what you should do - is to change your attitude to Russians in general and to Moscow in particular....

We are saying - if you can't change a situation - try to get a pleasure at least.....[/I]
Ok...cynical in some points....But very useful and helps in a such situations....
I am sure that you are very smart and soon you will reveal a lot of positive aspects in living in such a big, great, intense and full of life city as Moscow!!!:iagree:
And here are a lot of friends, who could help you to find out a proper places for spending free-time nicely....just ask them....
[I]We are the info-site...aren't we!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????
Best wishes from me......
:thumbsup: :coffee: ^-*

Katrine L
24-01-2008, 20:09
YOGA. PM if interested. I will explain it to recreate your power with help of yoga at home - extremely effective - tested on my example, the only thing that could recreate a power.:):cheerleader:.

Albertina
24-01-2008, 21:28
YOGA. PM if interested. I will explain it to recreate your power with help of yoga at home - extremely effective - tested on my example, the only thing that could recreate a power.:):cheerleader:.

I do Yoga every evening, when I'm not too drunk :-) Seriously.
Have been doing it for over 5 years - it's part of my life. But I also need to first relax after work before I can start doing yoga - so I usually do it now after 23.00. I feel great afterwards!

Thanks, Katrin!

PS: Miracle, are you drunk?!

pjw
25-01-2008, 02:07
Have been doing it for over 5 years - it's part of my life. But I also need to first relax after work before I can start doing yoga - so I usually do it now after 23.00. I feel great afterwards!

Thanks, Katrin!

Hey Miracle:queen:
Hey Albertina:queen:
Please stop this squabble. You are both both very precious, greatly valued, and respected. Where is it all coming from this stuff:eh: I canīt believe it. Canīt understand the both of you:eh: so please cut it out

:cheerleader: Get it together girls. BEHAVE YOURSELVES ............please................my two little honey bunnies..................................Itīs important to me!!!!!!!!

pjw
25-01-2008, 02:19
:queen:Youīre both letting the side down:queen: Bothaya, gonna chillit!
:verycool:Expect more than this from you 2 thanks. The next person who says anything negative from the pair of you is a real turkey and I not talking about bowling:verycool:

Dr.Boris
29-01-2008, 12:39
Here are a few things you can do:
Exercise!!!
Exercise is the best way to fight chronic fatigue. You will say "but I am too tiered to exercise!" Try and you will be surprised! Do not stop by home after work, go straight to sport club! Physical activity will give you great results in a short period of time.
Also, watch what you eat, cut down on coffee, sweats and refined flower (white bread). This stuff will lead you to adrenal exhaustion -> fatigue big time!!! Increase intake of fruits and vegetables.
Multi vitamin plus vitamin B complex is a good idea.
Make sure that you have enough sleep!
And since I am a chiropractor, I have to tell you - CHECK YOUR SPINE! Spinal problems can lead to suboptimal functioning of nervous system -> Chronic Fatigue.
Good luck!
Sincerely,
Dr. B

quincy
17-02-2008, 00:58
Here are a few things you can do:
Exercise!!!
Exercise is the best way to fight chronic fatigue. You will say "but I am too tiered to exercise!" Try and you will be surprised! Do not stop by home after work, go straight to sport club! Physical activity will give you great results in a short period of time.
Also, watch what you eat, cut down on coffee, sweats and refined flower (white bread). This stuff will lead you to adrenal exhaustion -> fatigue big time!!! Increase intake of fruits and vegetables.
Multi vitamin plus vitamin B complex is a good idea.
Make sure that you have enough sleep!
And since I am a chiropractor, I have to tell you - CHECK YOUR SPINE! Spinal problems can lead to suboptimal functioning of nervous system -> Chronic Fatigue.
Good luck!
Sincerely,
Dr. B
good advice! But I think the value of what we eat is sometimes exaggerated. Millions of people in Russia,Ukraine etc whose diet is much less varied than those from wealthier countries (fruit is much more expensive for those earning local salaries who in many instances doing more physical work), do they get these symptoms? More important when people feel exhausted ,is to look at lifestyle.

Marina-ballerina
25-02-2008, 01:03
I think Albertina knows already of the benefits of exercise :) it is the motivation to exercise that she lacks...

I am looking at the kind of exercises you choose, Albertina... swimming (boring), yoga (on your own? boring), skating (whom with? alone? boring)... and I think that for you to have motivation, you should find something more exciting to do... or somebody exciting to do it with...

Instead of waisting money on the fountain (that will irritate you silly in a week), get a hunky personal trainer then every evening you will look forward to exercise...

... or at least choose some exciting sport... go-carting? paint-balling? Something that will be stressful, but in a different way... adding adrenaline will keep you awake!

Albertina
25-02-2008, 11:40
That was very refreshing, Marina-balerina.
So any takers to be my trainer or a sparring partner in ping-pong? ;)

Mete
28-02-2008, 19:45
I was looking for someone to play eitherbadminton or squash with. I have found that variety, unsurprisingly is the spice of life and people are different indeed.Whatever sounds boring to one, might be passion of someone's else life. I do prefer sports where you can switch off and carry on going for a whil, although I'd throw in some collective sport for a good measure.
If anyone is up to squash,although I do prefer badminton, it just seems a lot more effortless, yet equally physically demanding, let me know. PM would be great.
Cheers

Katrine L
28-02-2008, 21:36
Oh, good to hear from a "colleague"!:10220: What kind of yoga are you practicing?:D
Another reason of chronic exhastion may be that you do at work the things that you don't really like..:)

Thanks, Katrin!

Albertina
28-02-2008, 21:47
Oh, good to hear from a "colleague"!:10220: What kind of yoga are you practicing?:D
Another reason of chronic exhastion may be that you do at work the things that you don't really like..:)

Yes, but they are extremly well paid :jawdrop: Can't complain. I'll die rich :farout: