PDA

View Full Version : Any teachers here available for CPE mentoring?

Philolog
04-10-2013, 23:53
Hello there fellow teachers,
I would like to give this Cambridge Proficiency Exam a shot, but I never took an exam like that. Doing a course at BKC or something like that is not an option for me because of my timetable, so I would like somebody to guide me through the preparation process. I'm not interested in a lot of lessons in the jug-and-mug style, but more in self-study with some weekly mentoring and guidance.
Please PM me with your rates.
Phil

VicY
05-10-2013, 17:00
Do you really need a teacher for that? Your English appears to be better than some native speakers', so a texbook and an audio recording might be enough. :)

Philolog
05-10-2013, 22:11
Do you really need a teacher for that? Your English appears to be better than some native speakers', so a texbook and an audio recording might be enough. :)

Thank you, but I know that some native speakers won't be able to pass such exams without preparation. :)
It's the same with Russian - when I look at an advanced TORFL test, I sometimes don't have a clue about the right option...
Anyway, I think I've found what I was looking for, so this thread can be closed. :)

VicY
06-10-2013, 10:53
Thank you, but I know that some native speakers won't be able to pass such exams without preparation. :)
It's the same with Russian - when I look at an advanced TORFL test, I sometimes don't have a clue about the right option...
Anyway, I think I've found what I was looking for, so this thread can be closed. :)

You're right, any such test would be damn hard to pass without due preparation!

I did okay with my books and the audio tapes back in 2004, though :)

Good luck anyway!