PDA

View Full Version : Compensation-how much would you want for this?

DJ Biscuit
10-02-2004, 14:47
If this happened to you what, or how much compensation, would you expect?.......

French food company fined for canned mouse

Click to enlarge photo

MONTPELLIER, France (AFP) - France's biggest maker of canned vegetables, Bonduelle, has been ordered to pay 800 euros (1,000 dollars) to a disgusted customer who tipped the contents of one of its products into her frying pan -- and a dead mouse plopped out.

The customer involved, a woman preparing a family meal in February 2002, took the company to court after it tried to limit its compensation to another can of food, a recipe book and a voucher to the value of the fry-pan, court officials said Monday.

The firm argued that the woman and her family suffered no ill-effects from the nasty surprise.

But a court in the woman's home city of Montpellier deemed late last month that "the presence of a dead animal, even a sterilized one, constitutes a misdemeanour in a food product" and ordered the firm to make the more substantial gesture.

MORPHEUS
10-02-2004, 14:51
The whole affair would have been more lucrative for her had she been drinkin' freshly taken from the drive thru McD's coffee and failed to notice the HOT COFFEE warning as a result. Then she could have cashed in on her pain and anguish.

MORPHEUS
10-02-2004, 14:53
Free tinned veggies for life would be a good starting position. 1000 Euros --- what a joke. The negative press will cost them lots more.

DJ Biscuit
10-02-2004, 14:54
Sure, but I am positive that this French company don't put a warning dead rodent sign on their cans! :D

Colombian
10-02-2004, 15:14
The poor thing had to eat those NASTY vegetables before taking its last breath...

DJ Biscuit
10-02-2004, 15:17
:D

Hehe, that's probably what killed it!

ReturnOfBroadmoor
10-02-2004, 15:19
I would expect a live, purebred cat along with substantial monetary compensation.

Limitchik
10-02-2004, 15:32
Could you get a whole cat into one of those vegetable cans ?

DJ Biscuit
10-02-2004, 15:42
you can fit cat into carrot

Olga
10-02-2004, 15:44
Does it mean now we can start putting all kinds of trash into opened cans and claiming compensation since it can't be proven who exactly did it?:-)

sfjohns67
10-02-2004, 15:57
Being the sick-humoured bastard that I am, as well as one who doesn't care much for frivolous lawsuits, I would make the company president publicly smooch my Miniature Schnauzer's butt for 5 minutes straight while a 200-man French choir sang that "Voulez-vous avec moi ce soir" song at the top of their lungs.

However, does such a verdict, real or imagined, open the door to my own lawsuit? Last weekend, I found a double yolk when I cracked my breakfast egg, and when I hollered across the entire apartment for my wife to come take a look-see, I woke the baby up. As it had taken her nearly a whole hour to get the kid to settle down for a nap, wifey was so pissed that she whacked me upside the noggin with the rolled-up Saturday edition of "" and totally crimped up the nekkid chick they always put on page-3.

I think the egg company should pay for my trauma.

Ned Kelly
10-02-2004, 16:00
Originally posted by sfjohns67
Being the sick-humoured bastard that I am, as well as one who doesn't care much for frivolous lawsuits, I would make the company president publicly smooch my Miniature Schnauzer's butt for 5 minutes straight while a 200-man French choir sang that "Voulez-vous avec moi ce soir" song at the top of their lungs.

However, does such a verdict, real or imagined, open the door to my own lawsuit? Last weekend, I found a double yolk when I cracked my breakfast egg, and when I hollered across the entire apartment for my wife to come take a look-see, I woke the baby up. As it had taken her nearly a whole hour to get the kid to settle down for a nap, wifey was so pissed that she whacked me upside the noggin with the rolled-up Saturday edition of "" and totally crimped up the nekkid chick they always put on page-3.

wiping away the tears as i write. that's a shocking story. no man should put up with such pain.

Limitchik
10-02-2004, 16:05

I think the whole site should file a class action against you for punitive damamges just for even thinking the word "look-see"

sfjohns67
10-02-2004, 16:09
Shut it, Mogen David!

DJ Biscuit
10-02-2004, 16:11
Originally posted by Limitchik
I think the whole site should file a class action against you for punitive damamges just for even thinking the word "look-see"

And for missing out the most important word in the song you quoted.

sfjohns67
10-02-2004, 16:22
And for missing out the most important word in the song you quoted.

Okay, ya' got me with that one....so howzabout tossing me a clue?

C'mon, I wanna' be in the "My Elite Private School Can Beat Up Your Elite Private School" club with you guys. I promise, let me in and I'll learn to drink tea with my pinkie sticking out. Pinky finger, that is.

Please?

!3mta3

DJ Biscuit
10-02-2004, 16:25
Sleep?

Limitchik
10-02-2004, 16:27
That would be "coucher" Sherlock.

sfjohns67
10-02-2004, 16:31
Sorry, you guys are jetting way above my public school grasp of the inside joke.

[...shuffles off forlornly, in search of a shorter person he thinks he can beat up to assuage the aching of his self-esteem...]

DJ Biscuit
10-02-2004, 16:33
Si vous ne savez pas que le franais ne le cite pas s'il vous plait!

sfjohns67
10-02-2004, 16:41
I'll quote french all I want, bangers-breath! :D

"Voulez-vous" were the only words to that song I could remember, and what I posted was all I got back from Google when I went there looking for something frantsoosky to go with the moderately witty punishment I dreamt up for the president of the rat-veggie company.

But I get it now. Kee-rist!

DJ Biscuit
10-02-2004, 16:45
Bangers breath...hehe I wish..

Quits on this one?

Or do you want some more?

sfjohns67
10-02-2004, 16:52
If you mean "do you want to try out some more of your horribly rusty french against my obvious command of the language," then I must decline. When people curse me and my previous three generations, I usually prefer to understand what they're saying.

Not too sure where else we could go with this one. Shame, though - you're always good for bouncing a few first-rate insults back and forth.

Neep!

DJ Biscuit
10-02-2004, 17:07
Not sure if I shouldn't be hurt or insulted, but that's just an indication of how refreshingly untouched I am by conventional education.

See ya WTT.

sfjohns67
10-02-2004, 17:18
No hurt/insult intended at all - guess I should have added a smiley to my laster.

"WTT"...you remembered! :D :cool:

Colombian
10-02-2004, 17:23
What does all this crap have to do with the poor little mouse that was killed by the french veggie company?

DJ Biscuit
10-02-2004, 17:33
Yes you are right, but we were so disgusted and upset that we are in denial, about ermm, you know. ;)

Limitchik
10-02-2004, 17:36
If only that mouse had a cell phone with him, he could have called someone and let them know he was in the can. Times like these you realize how frightfully important it is to look at ads in the Buy and Sell section to see if there are any 6310i's for sale.

Sigh.

sfjohns67
10-02-2004, 17:40
Originally posted by Colombian
What does all this crap have to do with the poor little mouse that was killed by the french veggie company?
Cap it, Juan Valdez, you're too young to be sassing your elders. DJ and I were having a very elucidatory conversation vis-a-vis the merits of various educational backgrounds, prompted by my spurious "oh-my-god-a-double-yoke-no-page-three-boobies" lawsuit post, borderline butchering of the French language, and Limitchik's objection to my public use of a bit of vernacular peculiar to the Southern United States.

But you knew that, right?:D

Colombian
10-02-2004, 17:47
Good to see you used Juan Valdez i/o Pablo Escobar... please feel free to talk about the merits of various educational backgrounds, prompted by your spurious "oh-my-god-a-double-yoke-no-page-three-boobies" lawsuit post, borderline butchering of the French language, and Limitchik's objection to your public use of a bit of vernacular peculiar to the Southern United States.

DJ Biscuit
10-02-2004, 17:49
Thanks. Did you bring anything from home with you? You know like the Brits here bring Marmite that we all crave you might have bought something peculiar to your homeland that I crave, for example. ;) :cool:

Limitchik
10-02-2004, 17:50
Good to see you used Juan Valdez i/o Pablo Escobar...

I was gonna use 'Speedy Gonzalez', but 'Juan Valdez' is pretty good too.

Colombian
10-02-2004, 17:55
Actually Speedy Gonzalez is Mexican... I crave Colombian women and I'm sure you or any sane man would crave them as well but why bring fish to the fishing trip? What is it exactly that you crave from Colombia?

DJ Biscuit
10-02-2004, 18:02
Ahhem. well I am sure you are right about the women, nearest I got to that was a Puerto Rican while I was in Belize, but that's another story.

What I crave from Columbia, well you can get it here too but not the same quality, know what I mean? No not coffee, though they could use some help there too!

Limitchik
10-02-2004, 18:07
Originally posted by Colombian
Actually Speedy Gonzalez is Mexican... I crave Colombian women and I'm sure you or any sane man would crave them as well but why bring fish to the fishing trip? What is it exactly that you crave from Colombia?

You mean there are different nationalities down there ? I thought that whole southern part of the continent was one big country.

Colombian
10-02-2004, 19:32
Mexico = NORTH AMERICA; South America starts at Colombia and ends in the Argentinian "Tierra del Fuego". Don't you ever watch DISCOVERY CHANNEL? What did they teach you in school? As for the stuff Mr. DJ craves...the answer is no. I'm an honest hard working Colombian and don't deal with illegal substances.

DJ Biscuit
10-02-2004, 20:38
Good for you. Worth a try. ;)

sfjohns67
11-02-2004, 08:55
Good to see you used Juan Valdez i/o Pablo Escobar...

Just so we're clear on things, I meant that in the most sincere admiration, as Juan Valdez is an advertising proxy used in the United States to symbolize your country's other important export, without which my workdays would be an utter waste of time.

trackhat
12-02-2004, 02:19
There was a precedent set in the UK where someone bought someone a beer or something that had a bug or something in it, and it traumatized her despite the fact that she didn't buy or drink the beer.

Moscow Wolf
12-02-2004, 04:30

That's the best 'YOKE' I've heard all day!

Now I do seem to recall a claim in the UK many moons ago, the local newspaper headline went: -

"Local Resident Bites Into Kentucky Fried Rat".

Well it seems that it fell in the batter and got deep fried along with all the other 'tasty finger lickin' bits of chicken.

I've had the odd cockroach in my soup, but I put them in myself! :p

trackhat
12-02-2004, 07:18
Maybe they gave her the free tinned veggies for life option and her kids were like "mom, nooooooo..."