PDA

View Full Version : Cities no one can visit in Russia?

Jas
01-10-2013, 12:46
When I done a visa before I just put the one place what I want to go to and that's it.
But what if u want to visit other places in Russia. Is there any kind of list of places what u can not visit?

inorcist
01-10-2013, 13:09
Closed city - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is what you're probably looking for.

Although, not all of Russia's closed cities seem to be controlled. With a bit of luck you can still easily enter them.

annasophia
01-10-2013, 13:42
When I done a visa before .....

Still teaching English?

Jas
01-10-2013, 14:58
Still teaching English?

Er, I am the most poular teacher in the school, thanks. Its not just about rubbish, its about if ure students LIKE u. That's what counts. Duh.

AstarD
01-10-2013, 15:07
Ah, but someday, when they try to communicate with other native speakers of English using the English you've taught them, will they still think of you with such fondness?

annasophia
01-10-2013, 15:09
Er, I am the most poular teacher in the school, thanks. Its not just about rubbish, its about if ure students LIKE u. Duh.

Utterly insufferable. Dear god, poor English. RIP.

:5387:

FatAndy
01-10-2013, 16:11
Although, not all of Russia's closed cities seem to be controlled. With a bit of luck you can still easily enter them.
Yes, but if police or FSB catches you there, they sew you espionage immediately. ;)
Don't seek adventures onto your @$$ (old Russian proverb).
In Russian such places are called ЗАТО - closed administrative territory formation. http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C7%E0%EA%F0%FB%F2%EE%E5_%E0%E4%EC%E8%ED%E8%F1%F2%F0%E0%F2%E8%E2%ED%EE-%F2%E5%F0%F0%E8%F2%EE%F0%E8%E0%EB%FC%ED%EE%E5_%EE%E1%F0%E0%E7%EE%E2%E0%ED%E8%E5

Jas
02-10-2013, 12:37
That's very good advice and stuff Andrei cos no way shud no one think of going there if u cant full stop.

This whole idea of closed cities reminds of me Tarkovsky's movie "The Stalker."
I watched it when I was studying Russian at uni and I got totally paranoid and freaked out. Totally flippy, scary movie.

Jack17
02-10-2013, 12:40
Utterly insufferable. Dear god, poor English. RIP.

:5387:
Teaching is a business, and in business the cardinal rule is - your clients must like you. BTW, I also think if a teacher is well liked by her students, that's an excellent sign she is a very effective teacher.

Jas
02-10-2013, 13:05
Teaching is a business, and in business the cardinal rule is - your clients must like you. BTW, I also think if a teacher is well liked by her students, that's an excellent sign she is a very effective teacher.

Jack, hi! Thanks for this and I totally agree with u. If u are grumpy, cold and not wanting to be jolly, then what's in it for the students? U cud be a genius of linguistics and english grammar but if u dont make people happy and have a fun time, its useless.
C, Jack, all we do is just have fun and play games. Some games I use from ideas and cut outs, some I make up as I teach. Thru the games we do, everyone works together, no one feels shy, and everyone feels they can participate or at least try.

A school is like making a movie, you got a director, you got ure audience, and u got ure cast also. Cos I understood this I told like this when me style was getting criticised: "Any more hassle and I'm walking off. Try and do this without me and u can't. U think ure in control? Er no, the students are paying to see me thanks, and if I go, what have u got?"

Next? I went to the students and told like this; "Guys, I'm walking off cos of disagreements with how this shud be done."

Students was crying and telling like this, "Please no. Don't go. We beg u on hands and knees not to leave us."

School owner told like this; "Jas knows what's best for her classes and no one is to go snooping or checking or to question what she is doing in any way. Jas' classes are HER business and so long as the students are happy and having fun, no one is going to spoil it."

So Jack, ure right, truly ure right, and the school owner totally understands it as just like ure telling it also.

Jack17
02-10-2013, 18:09
As I've said many times, you're a very smart lady.