PDA

View Full Version : Let's get together for coffee!

Sandrina
15-09-2013, 00:01
Hello everyone! Let's go together to some cafe and talk out how to survive the upcoming cold weather :)

robertmf
15-09-2013, 01:41
Hello everyone! Let's go together to some cafe and talk out how to survive the upcoming cold weather :)

Good idea. Better idea is brandy in the coffee :trampoline:

I expect Moscow snow next month :mml:

Welcome и превет to expat.ru *Sandrina* :wavey:

penka
15-09-2013, 01:52
Good idea. Better idea is brandy in the coffee :trampoline:

I expect Moscow snow next month :mml:

Welcome и превет to expat.ru *Sandrina* :wavey:

Snow? Next month, Oct?? Damn....

robertmf
15-09-2013, 03:10
Snow? Next month, Oct?? Damn....

UK winter forecast: "Snowy, freezing air from Russia"

tvadim133
15-09-2013, 12:13
rain- yes! Snow-no!

Gervais
17-09-2013, 07:03
I'm highjacking this if I might !? .... :)
So when, where and how to meet up ? I finally moved to Moscow on Sep 4th and expect to stay for at least two years. So there are two grim winters to come. I'm actually looking for Valenki already now. Any tips ? we might dicuss over a tea, brandy, latte, whatever this Saturday.

I'm up for suggestions on the place.

see you
Gervais

Gervais
17-09-2013, 20:42
This staurday it is !? ;)
Any cozy place to recommend !? ;)

trizen
17-09-2013, 22:01
Count me in. When and where?

Gervais
18-09-2013, 20:13
Ok, let's start the list on the
"valuable-advise-on-how-to-survive-the-upcoming-moscow-winter-get-together"

Date:
Sat Sep 21st
Time:
20:00
Place:
? ? ? Waiting for suggestions

I need advise on where to get the most decent Valenki and I would like to get your favourite recepies on warming soups ! :)

Participants:
- Sandrina
- Trizen
- Gervais

trizen
18-09-2013, 23:16
I should be there...I'm not fussy about where (and I don't know anywhere yet), but I'm on the last stretch before my first payday next week, so the cheaper the better. Otherwise, I'll simply join up next time.

Gervais
20-09-2013, 22:13
Seems to be a VERY small group close to a date... ;)
So far I have nothing else up tomorrow and being my 2nd weekend in Moscow this could be a nice start. I know quitea bit of restaurants and I've been to the usual suspect places for live music, but I'm short on "cozy café's".

Sandrine, Trizen ? any suggestions ? :-) counting on you.

Gervais

Trizen: ... and the first and last coffee / beer / wine is on me ! :D

Mcbeaner
21-09-2013, 11:47
I may be a bit late to join in on this, as it is already saturday, but I'd like to join you all.. i don't have any suggestions for a place to meet though...

cadiguzel
21-09-2013, 13:56
I also can join after 9 pm if someone can define the meeting point)

trizen
23-09-2013, 21:31
All right...so as far as I'm aware, this past Saturday didn't happen. Which simply means that we have about 5 more days until the next Saturday. Which gives us all time to figure something out somewhere. Are you all free this coming Saturday, September 27?

CatTV
24-09-2013, 16:25
Let's additionally discuss where better to buy Stylish kaloshi (shoes for rain).

trizen
26-09-2013, 11:11
All right. There are a couple of us meeting up this Saturday, September 28. If you want to join us, come on over. We're thinking coffee and maybe something after the fact, but that's to be decided. Here are the details:

Coffee Bean Cafe (@Novokuznetskaya) Saturday Sept 28th, 5:30PM

Tricia

TolkoRaz
28-10-2013, 02:31
Let's additionally discuss where better to buy Stylish kaloshi (shoes for rain).

Sounds like fun! :)

Dalia
01-11-2013, 04:18
Everyone seems to be worried about the weather...i am almost jumping up and down from being excited like a little kid about it...it's going to be my first time ever to live in "sub-zero''or to see snow at all!

zwilksberg
01-11-2013, 15:06
Everyone does seemed to be worried.....
It may only be fun for the first week! Time to get the thermals ready! When does it usually snow?

Gervais
01-11-2013, 18:29
As far is I heard Moscow is about two weeks overdue with snow... we had some snowflakes in September though...

Any "where-to-buy-the-best-galoshi-meeting" going on this (long) weekend ?

regards
Joerg

Dalia
01-11-2013, 18:59
now that you mentioned the long weekend...any suggestions,people?...you all seem to have been here for a longer period of time than me...i live alone here and i don't speak any Russian...so everyone,where would you spend those days off if you were me?...i need cool ideas! :D

Gervais
01-11-2013, 19:03
... my to do list for this weekend except working in the daytime :)
haven't decided yet though which one to listen to.
Any ideas ?

other than that I'm still in for some Galoshi-talk :)

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/arts_n_ideas/calendar/gigs.html

Dalia
01-11-2013, 19:26
yeah,i should've included in my reply''except for working in the daytime''as well...so night ideas,guys?!

Gervais
01-11-2013, 20:08
... nighttime see above on the moscow-times website :)
pick your band or DJ ;)

Gervais
03-11-2013, 17:55
Everyone does seemed to be worried.....
It may only be fun for the first week! Time to get the thermals ready! When does it usually snow?

Out of despratio I bought a winter coat today... but looking outside, I rather need Galoshi... :-S

C'mon guys and gals... anybody in to share tips over coffee or tea ?

Gervais

Periwinkle
03-11-2013, 18:36
I want to go to the exhibit on Thracian artifacts at the state museum near red square. I think they are closed tomorrow but I am free Thursday afternoon and could also have tea or coffee after.
Anybody is welcome to join:)

(Edit just thinking about this, most people are probably busy Thursday afternoons unlike me so if people want to join me but cannot make Thursday afternoon, maybe we could try next Saturday afternoon?)

Gervais
03-11-2013, 18:50
only chance for me would be tomorrow (or today :) )
Sure it is closed ? It's a public holiday tomorrow !

Alternatvely Coffee ?

Periwinkle
03-11-2013, 20:16
only chance for me would be tomorrow (or today :) )
Sure it is closed ? It's a public holiday tomorrow !

Alternatvely Coffee ?
I probably could in the afternoon tomorrow. I wonder if Izmailovsky park is open, maybe a group would like to get coffee and check out the DVD market?

Gervais
03-11-2013, 20:47
so tomorrow afternon it is !? And it's Ismailovsky for DVDs and coffee !? :-)

Let's make it happen :)
say 16:00 - meet there (at the metro).
We only need the group now... ;)

Gervais

Periwinkle
03-11-2013, 21:53
so tomorrow afternon it is !? And it's Ismailovsky for DVDs and coffee !? :-)

Let's make it happen :)
say 16:00 - meet there (at the metro).
We only need the group now... ;)

Gervais

Sounds good but if the market is open tomorrow, we should meet a bit earlier, I recall some stalls start closing up around 3-3:30, so I would say meet a bit earlier have coffee then go to the market. We can have coffee first in case any stragglers show up, who want to join. We can catch the metro at Ploshad revolutsi and go for coffee first at maybe coffee mania at Lubyanka. There is a new one right by the Lunyanka exit at Nikloskaya if that is ok, I will post a new thread for anyone who wants to join? Would meeting at 1:30-2:30 be ok?

Gervais
04-11-2013, 09:16
Hi there,

I'll be there. I'm afraid the market will be closed today, but I wold alternatively head to VDNH. There is a specialized Valenki shop close by and despite Valenki being the most unfashionable piece of c;lothing you could imagine and despite the spring-like temperatures outside I might want to get a pair... just to be prepared :D

MariyaM
26-11-2013, 12:56
Hello!
I'm learning English and am very interested in language exchange with native or advanced level English speaker.

If you are interested in improving your Russian, I will be happy to help with that. If sounds good, perhaps we can add each other to Skype or meet somewhere in the center of Moscow.
my tell.: 8-905-576-15-71