PDA

View Full Version : Insurance for UK expats. Life/critical illness etc.

jimmyb78
14-09-2013, 15:26
So, as my personal circumstances are changing I feel it would be useful to cover myself should anything untoward happen to me. Does anyone use a UK company to cover themselves out here for critical injury/life? Does anyone use a Russian insurer and approximately how much are the costs?

Cheers!

Edyta
14-09-2013, 15:53
So, as my personal circumstances are changing I feel it would be useful to cover myself should anything untoward happen to me. Does anyone use a UK company to cover themselves out here for critical injury/life? Does anyone use a Russian insurer and approximately how much are the costs?

Cheers!
Hello, price will depend on the scope of medical and other related services you would buy in a package. Maybe estimate for yourself as an option SOS International they provide emergency services and other related services. European Medical center is also good. Look into Alliance and Ingosstrakh these are both Russian services having its Russian specifics. Alternatively the best option might be you buy the insurance in the UK that would cover your stay in Russia, general terms: should it happen you need any medical services in Russia you pay here yourself and the UK insurance company reimburse you the cost. Ask about franschise option, that might reduce your annual fee to the insurance company.

Best,

jimmyb78
14-09-2013, 16:11
Hi, thanks for info but I'm not looking for medical insurance. I'm after Life/Critical injury insurance.

penka
14-09-2013, 17:37
I used to take an addition to my regular insurance (at my regular home insurance company - Sweden), when going to Russia - good for 45 days and covers everything including missed flight and assault and legal expenses.

When living in UK and travelling I shopped at Allianz which was quite ok.

tonytony
14-09-2013, 20:04

Cheers!

I took out a life insurance policy when I was back in the UK and as long as you keep on paying in then that's fine.

I must admit that your question made me go back and look at the terms and conditions - just in case I was caught out.

My agreement says nothing about life cover, but it does say this about critical injury:-

critical Illness cover might not pay out when you claim, if you are living outside the european union, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands and we are unable to confirm that your claim is valid.

So, it looks like there's no problem getting it and certainly no problem with moving abroad subsequently.