PDA

View Full Version : Where to start looking for a teaching job?

nile19
11-09-2013, 09:54
Hello everyone!
I would like to move to Russia to teach English. Does anyone have any recommendations on legit places or websites I can apply to? Do most teachers go through recruiters to find jobs? I do not have a preference for a specific city, anywhere in Russia sounds good to me! Just looking for some basic help!
Thank you all!

Potty
11-09-2013, 11:01
I do not have a preference for a specific city,

You should. Russia is huge. Krasnodar and Barnaul are 2 different worlds.

Rock
11-09-2013, 11:27
You could try The Tutors of Moscow. Although you need fairly good qualifications and a criminal background check to work with them. They look after VIP families etc.

nile19
11-09-2013, 19:40
You should. Russia is huge. Krasnodar and Barnaul are 2 different worlds.

I know, it is like saying I would like to work in North America or South America... but I really would like to go anywhere in Russia! Though admittedly not North Siberia...

You could try The Tutors of Moscow. Although you need fairly good qualifications and a criminal background check to work with them. They look after VIP families etc.

Thanks! Seems interesting... do you think you also have to know Russian? Any other notable recruiters or sources for jobs that you know of?

katryana
11-09-2013, 20:40
Do you know Russian, by the way?
A lot of people write messages about looking for a native speaker in Russian)))
here we have such web sites as avito.ru (free ads) and hh.ru)))

celia
11-09-2013, 23:02
As I understand it, requirements to get a visa are a BA and a teaching qualification (CELTA etc.), and of course a passport from an English speaking country. Sometimes schools ask for at least 1 year's teaching experience. I would look on Tefl.com or Dave's ESL cafe - both have Russia listings (but a lot of schools have already hired for September 2013). I have, however, still seen jobs in Russia recently on Tefl.com.

You can also try applying directly to BKC-International House since it always seems to be looking for people (not just in Moscow but in other locations in Russia too). Also look at the Language Link website - it's another chain of schools in Russia.
Another large school is English First but I've never worked there.

Good luck!