PDA

View Full Version : The Process involved in getting Married In Russia to a Russian

elwin
06-09-2013, 11:54
Good Morning :)

Please walk me through the process involved when one decides to get married. Am more intereseted in the duration it takes.

1) What are the requirements? Durations?

So far I heard that I needed to prove that I am unmarried. How long does that take?

Do I need a certifiacate of good conduct

2) After I receive the requirements, I am required to queue in the Zaqs - Duration?

3) After the weeding, how long does it take to get the Certificate? Are there some processes involved afterwards?

4) If am going after the TRP + PRP + Citizenship eventually, how long does one have to wait to apply for stage 1

5) Should I change my passport before applying for TRP or not necessary - Mine is a foreign passport.

6) Any other info and advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
elwin

harrycallaghan
06-09-2013, 12:58

Please walk me through the process involved when one decides to get married. Am more intereseted in the duration it takes.

1) What are the requirements? Durations?

So far I heard that I needed to prove that I am unmarried. How long does that take?

Do I need a certifiacate of good conduct

2) After I receive the requirements, I am required to queue in the Zaqs - Duration?

3) After the weeding, how long does it take to get the Certificate? Are there some processes involved afterwards?

4) If am going after the TRP + PRP + Citizenship eventually, how long does one have to wait to apply for stage 1

5) Should I change my passport before applying for TRP or not necessary - Mine is a foreign passport.

6) Any other info and advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
elwin

I answer the ones I know.

2) Yes you have to que (this is russia), the length depends on the time of year, winter not so long, summer longer, it is measured in months...
3) you get certificate at the wedding, there is no process afterwards
4) You dont have to wait.
5) this depends on how full your passport is, etc. trp lasts 3 years, you, you need pages to leave the country and enter other countries. If you have empty passport there is no need, if it is nearly full, best to change it.
6) I didnt need a cert of good conduct... But you can go to zags and ask them exactly what you will need.

vossy7
06-09-2013, 13:17
Some more
If you have been married then you need the divorce papers , attested in the country where you were married and then trnaslated and notarised in Russia.

Regarding the "no criminal record" you have to get this from the police in your own country or the last country where you lived and once again attested and translated........
It's a long process but worth it!

Hans.KK
06-09-2013, 13:39

Please walk me through the process involved when one decides to get married. Am more intereseted in the duration it takes.These info has been announced many times, we go one more.

1) What are the requirements?Copy of your passport, translated and notary stamped (done in Russia)

Your name certificate, Apostille stamped by your home/native country authority (If you home/native country had not sign the Apostille Treaty then you have to go the legalisation process), then you get the Apostille stamped name certificate translated to Russian and notary stamped in Russia.

A paper/certificate (from your home/native country authority) that verify that you are unmarried, this goes the same route as your name certificate, Apostille stamped - translated to Russian - notary stamped.

And you need to be in Russia on a legal basic, I had to come on a private visa, business visa was not ok.
There may be more local requirements at that Zags office you use, ask them.

Durations?If you oil well, done your homework so to speak, 3 month, if you have medical reasons to be in a hurry then faster.

So far I heard that I needed to prove that I am unmarried. How long does that take?Depend on you home/native authority working speed. But you may have to go home in person to get the required documents, the name certificate and the "I am not married" document have to be less that 3 (or is it 6?) month old when you hand them over to the Zags, so some planing have to be made, and here you have to investigate the Apostille/Legalisation procedure at you home/native country authority very carefully.

Do I need a certifiacate of good conductNo

2) After I receive the requirements, I am required to queue in the Zaqs - Duration?Depend on which Zags office you are using, from no queue at all, to hours, unlucky you have to come next day.

3) After the weeding, how long does it take to get the Certificate?You walk out with it as I remember.

Are there some processes involved afterwards?Not from what I remember.

4) If am going after the TRP + PRP + Citizenship eventually, how long does one have to wait to apply for stage 1As I remember I did it more or less right away after the weeding.

5) Should I change my passport before applying for TRP or not necessary - Mine is a foreign passport.No, but if you change you name at the weeding you may have to change you name in your passport, but it has nothing to do with Russia.

6) Any other info and advice will be highly appreciatedIf one of the party in a marriage is non Russian then there is only selected Zags offices that you can use, no big deal just the transport to the place may take longer than expected.

elwin
06-09-2013, 13:45
Thank you.

elwin
06-09-2013, 13:54
Business Visa was not ok :( ?

I have read that any type of visa will suffice. am currently here on a business one :(

These info has been announced many times, we go one more.

Copy of your passport, translated and notary stamped (done in Russia)

Your name certificate, Apostille stamped by your home/native country authority (If you home/native country had not sign the Apostille Treaty then you have to go the legalisation process), then you get the Apostille stamped name certificate translated to Russian and notary stamped in Russia.

A paper/certificate (from your home/native country authority) that verify that you are unmarried, this goes the same route as your name certificate, Apostille stamped - translated to Russian - notary stamped.

And you need to be in Russia on a legal basic, I had to come on a private visa, business visa was not ok.
There may be more local requirements at that Zags office you use, ask them.

If you oil well, done your homework so to speak, 3 month, if you have medical reasons to be in a hurry then faster.

Depend on you home/native authority working speed. But you may have to go home in person to get the required documents, the name certificate and the "I am not married" document have to be less that 3 (or is it 6?) month old when you hand them over to the Zags, so some planing have to be made, and here you have to investigate the Apostille/Legalisation procedure at you home/native country authority very carefully.

No

Depend on which Zags office you are using, from no queue at all, to hours, unlucky you have to come next day.

You walk out with it as I remember.
Not from what I remember.

As I remember I did it more or less right away after the weeding.

No, but if you change you name at the weeding you may have to change you name in your passport, but it has nothing to do with Russia.

If one of the party in a marriage is non Russian then there is only selected Zags offices that you can use, no big deal just the transport to the place may take longer than expected.

Hans.KK
06-09-2013, 15:09
Business Visa was not ok :( ?

I have read that any type of visa will suffice. am currently here on a business one :(That is how it was for me some years ago, how it is today, or what others had meet of demands I do not know, that is why I put the second line "There may be more local requirements at that Zags office you use, ask them".
It can even just be the person at the counter that has his own requirements, but you have to find out locally, then you can make up your mind if you want to fight them (if you think they are wrong) or you can choose to fullfit there strange demands.

If the requirement for private visa was legal, or just a local thing, I do not know, I had been walking a troublesome and expensive way to get married so the last demand about private visa was nothing compare to get my documents, I had a one year Business visa already and I got the private visa too and it was in the middle of the one year Business visa validity period, I just have to be sure that they used the right visa at entry.

All this is just to tell you that when you have collected all the information about requirements you can find, here in this forum and elsewhere, then you should go and ask the at the Zags office that you intend to use about the procedure/requirements.