PDA

View Full Version : New to Moscow!

Livi
05-09-2013, 14:56
Hello everyone! I have been in Russia for the past two weeks and have decided I really need some friends to help me explore Moscow or to simply have lunch etc with! I don't mind if you are russian as I would love to Learn the language! I am here for a year minimum so it would be nice to develop some friendships.

Livi

Btnaughton
05-09-2013, 15:51
Welcome to Moscow. I've only been here a little over a month myself .. I haven't been out to explore with the crazy work schedule I've had. That is going to lessen somewhat as the weather has tirned pretty bad for outdoor cafes. I guess let me know when you would like to go out. Perhaps we can get a group together?

Cheers!

trizen
05-09-2013, 20:33
I'm in as well. I have Saturdays/Sundays off, currently. Mornings will be free a bit later as I settle in to work...

Tricia

professionaltutor
06-09-2013, 01:30
Dear all,
I have now been in Moscow for a week. In either Monday or Tuesday's Moscow times I learned of a group that meets on Sunday evenings (between seven and ten) at the Starbucks to the left of Novoslobodskaya station. The group is alleged to consist of Muscovites wishing to learn English and English speaking Expats seeking to make Russian friends; the idea being that the two groups together create something of an exchange. For those new to Moscow it looks rather promising.

All the best,
Cameron

xSnoofovich
06-09-2013, 01:33
ok. ill throw my hat in the ring. ive been here for some time.

pm me if u wanna meet up for lunch or drinks this next week.

lalopez
07-09-2013, 01:35
I heard in winter people are not as open minded as they are in summer in Russia. It's quite interesting. I haven't been through winter yet but it's pretty cold already. So I think it's a good idea to make friends before it gets real cold!

Native English Tutor
09-09-2013, 14:29
I can confirm that there is a meet up in Starbucks in Novoslobodskaya although am not sure what the turnout is like in terms of expats/ muscovites. I have only been here a week but have already bumped into a fair few people at metro stations and bars. A good bar to go to to meet people is Strelka- lots of interesting people, but quite expensive!

ali4matic
09-09-2013, 14:43
You are welcome, I'm sure u will love the city.

PDS
11-09-2013, 15:06
Hello everyone,

I am a bit in the same situtation as well.
Just arrived in Moscow (1 week ago) and I will stay here untill august 2014. I finally found a flat and I started working this week.
As I do not know anyone yet it would be great to meet up somewhere to introduce ourselves. I would like to suggest a place but my knowledge of good place to go is too limited at this moment.
Br

Medusa
11-09-2013, 16:06
Hey I'm new too
Gay male here looking for cool friends

Livi
11-09-2013, 21:02
This is great, the times I am in Moscow are Wednesday and Thursdays though, so if anyone is free in the day or after work we can arrange a get together?