PDA

View Full Version : for the love of god

polly
06-02-2004, 12:49
ok. one more reason to be happy you´re in moscow.

i just discovered something even more horrifying about american tv. i knew daytime tv was bad, but ... can you imagine what has just come on? it's late, late night tv time. i expected some crap pseudo-show to come on, or at least an infomercial to fill in the gaps between the ads for insomnia pills, but no. it's even worse. it's THE CARSON DALY SHOW.
i've been reading all day, i can't sleep, and i only have one channel.
what have i done to deserve this???:cry:

jheisel
06-02-2004, 12:52
I've never seen the Carson Daly show, but what is so wrong with it? From the schedules I've seen he at least seems to have OK musical guests...

polly
06-02-2004, 19:06
He does have musical guests -- the kind whose agents get them 2am-slots. but that's not really the worst part. the worst part is Carson Daly. he's so smug and..., well BLAND. and after that whole incident where he came in second in that vote-for-a-VJ promotion thing, and yet they pushed him in to first a couple weeks later, because the MTV audience voted in crackhead Jesse, who was way more entertaining. But consider this: if MTV's voters are going to vote in a crackhead, how much better can the second-place vote-in be? hint: not much.

uninformed
07-02-2004, 09:36
Originally posted by polly
ok. one more reason to be happy you´re in moscow.

i just discovered something even more horrifying about american tv. i knew daytime tv was bad, but ... can you imagine what has just come on?

Yes,I've seen plenty of american tv. And I've seen russian tv, and candian tv, and french tv, and british tv. And there is nothing about american tv that is any worse than any other. since i saw the dancing french-speaking chicken show in canada there's nothing i can criticize about american television - except very possibly that there is more of it.

polly
07-02-2004, 09:49
i'll give you that. each country has their own special 'triumph of awful.' i guess this guy just irks me more than most.
but try to take my overdramatized sarcasm with a grain of sarcasm, ok?