PDA

View Full Version : has he ever been REALLY down in the Metro?

Benedikt
30-08-2013, 09:51
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/blogs/483578/post/how-to-properly-exit-the-subway-in-russian/485228.html

otherwise he for sure would have/should have noticed that about 1 minute to 30 seconds before the train stops, the coach lights are flickering. that is done to help people who can not hear that the train is coming into a station, is going to stop. and people have time to get ready. get their bags, trolleys and what have you and move towards the doors.
of course it is not only convenient for deaf people also for people who can hear but do not understand Russian language. same reason: get ready, the train is pulling into the station....
and last but not least, since many people seem to have their ears plugged with radios,MP3 players and thel ike, it also helps them to know the next station is near and it is time to get up.

AstarD
30-08-2013, 12:13
I have never seen happen this flickering of which you write. I ride the metro every day.

Hans.KK
30-08-2013, 12:36
I have never seen happen this flickering of which you write. I ride the metro every day.
It depends on the type of lighting that is in the train wagon.
Normal incandescent lamps blink.
Fluorescent lamp type then they do not blink.
LED type can blink, but it's not always that they do.

lenwe
02-09-2013, 22:21
The author probably misses his native Ohio underground system. Just another MT article which is basically a waste of time.