PDA

View Full Version : Question

vantru
14-12-2007, 21:02
Hi Everyone,

I have a little tricky situation to share with you and see if there is anyone that can give me an advice. My 90th day of the 180 ME Biz Visa expiration date is Jan 20th, I am getting married(to a Russian lady) on Dec 26th, I applied for a private Invitation that will be ready at the beginning of February and I am an Italian national. So.....between the expiration of my Visa and the issuance of my Invitation there is a clear gap......Question: Does any of you has any idea what (how) can I do to solve this without the risk of spending 90 days away from my lovely wife? (After 50 years of hardcore single life it would be cruel to stay away from my wife after getting married).....Any idea, including forgetting about the private Invitation and change it with something else.

thanks

Sandro

ezik
14-12-2007, 21:19
Sandro, what counts is the expiry date of your REGISTRATION. When does your registration expire? I surely hope you went for the full 180 days registration. If not, it looks like you will have to leave the country to apply for a new visa somewhere. Or your future wife can talk to the local FMS office to fix you another registration. My two cents....

vantru
14-12-2007, 21:41
Ezik,

Unfortunately they did not let me do the 180....registration expires after 90 days. Do you think I should get a tourist visa in kiev, then apply for Temp Res?I believe for EU national is "a day after" deal.
What do you mean by ....the important thing is the registration? I thought after 90 days, on Biz ME 1 yr w/90-180 written on the visa, you have to leave the country no matter what the registration say!!!!I am confused now

Maxim
16-12-2007, 19:51
Do you think I should get a tourist visa in kievTry this, if they allow getting it from Kiev.

then apply for Temp Res?I believe for EU national is "a day after" deal.It will take around 6 months for you.
For exUSSR - around 2 months.

What do you mean by ....the important thing is the registration? I thought after 90 days, on Biz ME 1 yr w/90-180 written on the visa, you have to leave the country no matter what the registration say!!!!I am confused nowThey register you according to the law. If the law says 90 days - than it is 90 days.