PDA

View Full Version : Help needed in: Rock climbing; bicycle; swimming

neskPT
22-08-2013, 22:39
Hey there forum helpers!

This is my first thread in this forum, as I will be studying during next fall semester in Moscow.

Rockclimbing
I started doing rock climbing last January and now since I am coming to a big city like Moscow, full of climbing gyms, I would like to know which one should be the best option for having an instructor or to climb with more experience climbers so that I can improve my skills. I have climbed on the rock for 6 or 7 times, and on the gym for some 10 sessions with a rock climber expert.
I searched for some gyms online already, and they are imenselly expensive. 5000 rubles a month expensive.
I now how to make safety and I have the required material, but I really would like to have some lessons to train my skill, but with this prices, I would prefer to go climb with some group who wouldn't mind having a portuguese newbie climber tagging along. Rock climbing rocks! :)

Bicycle:
I was considering having a bicycle to move around Moscow. Do you folks think it's a good idea during the months of September, October, November and December, to be riding a bicycle? I come from a country with minimum +5 degrees in the winter, so I have no idea how is life with that cold...
Also, is the city very steep or is the ground good for bicycle riding?

Swimming:
What are the prices and good pools for the fall semester swimming? Good to stay in shape since I won't be able to run...

Thank you for your help ;)