PDA

View Full Version : New laws visa

Tim Y
13-12-2007, 17:50
Hi

This has probably been asked many times before but its hard to navigate the huge volume of questions and answers so i will ask :)

I have a business multi entry visa which started last summer before legislation changes.

I am leaving soon and intend to return.

Am i limited to 90 day stays on the old visa? I have yused up 70 already, does this mean i have just 20 left if i leave and return?

What routes are there to get around this (residency, work permits etc)?

Thanks

VladSkywolf
13-12-2007, 18:13
Hi

This has probably been asked many times before but its hard to navigate the huge volume of questions and answers so i will ask :)

I have a business multi entry visa which started last summer before legislation changes.

I am leaving soon and intend to return.

Am i limited to 90 day stays on the old visa? I have yused up 70 already, does this mean i have just 20 left if i leave and return?

What routes are there to get around this (residency, work permits etc)?

Thanks

Visas issued before the legislation took effect (October 2007) are not subject to the 90/180 rule. Residency or work permits are the only practical alternatives if you wish to remain in Russia after your current visa expires.

Tim Y
14-12-2007, 13:49
Thank you for that. The birtishj embassy gave me some more information today.

Visa's issued before the 15th of October are not subject to the new law and if you apply for a new one upon expiration your year starts as a fresh one frm the start of that new visa. (to the best of their knowledge)