What is friendship?

What does it mean to you?

Do you need it?

Miracle77777
13-12-2007, 15:42
What is friendship?

Do you need it?

Hi, Dick....:yikes::rolleyes:I thought that we've already discussed it...didn't we??? :nut::rolleyes:
Regards..

dick
13-12-2007, 17:05
No we talked about can men be friends with women.

I want to know what friendship mean to you.

With girls or guys.

The thing it means to me is that I don't judge my friends.
They are who they are.

Ryabenko
14-12-2007, 12:08
What is friendship?

Do you need it?

To me friendship means that a person is willing to help you out or at least listens to you when you have a problem.

Ghostly Presence
14-12-2007, 13:38
In my experience – friendship is something that is hard to find and unfortunately very difficult to maintain in our extremely busy day and age due to chronic lack of spare time….

Miracle77777
14-12-2007, 16:06
In my experience – friendship is something that is hard to find and unfortunately very difficult to maintain in our extremely busy day and age due to chronic lack of spare time….

:groan: So as I understand,,, you have no friends???Or almost have no..??:gorgeous:

Miracle77777
14-12-2007, 16:08
The thing it means to me is that I don't judge my friends.
They are who they are.

I felt a little bit of Sarcazm in your post....Is it there??

dick
14-12-2007, 16:30
No! I too being a musican am very open minded. To each is own.

SalTheReturn
14-12-2007, 19:37

yet it is something which has a lot to do with living and working in Moscow

Miracle77777
15-12-2007, 14:22
What is friendship?

Do you need it?

Ok...for me friendship is absolutely unselfish, lovely, helpful, beautiful union...it doesn't matter between M&W, W&W, M&M (is there another variant?/ :badclown:)
As we speak about true friendship - both of friends need to have all of that traits...and This is indeed too rare thing....
Usually, people make friends among more luckily(reach, smart, powerful) persons or in the contrary - among poor, unhappy, and needy ones...
Do you agree??
:bong:

Donovan
15-12-2007, 19:45
Ok...for me friendship is absolutely unselfish, lovely, helpful, beautiful union...it doesn't matter between M&W, W&W, M&M (is there another variant?/ :badclown:)
As we speak about true friendship - both of friends need to have all of that traits...and This is indeed too rare thing....
Usually, people make friends among more luckily(reach, smart, powerful) persons or in the contrary - among poor, unhappy, and needy ones...
Do you agree??
:bong:

Seems your friendship concept is kind of limited…… what about friendship with animals………dogs and every animal who can show affection…..
Your unreal ideal of being a friend hardly can be adapted in real life, because friendship depends on many factors as socio-economic level, education, religion and culture…… someone wealthier much more than you rarely may be your friend or someone poorer also may not be your friend because they can adapt to your other friends or to your culture……………
You do the same and they do the same for you, so that pure concept maybe was taken from your teenager years, maybe you are still one……

Well Dick…………. Friendship for me is a very thin moment that only can be hold through the time…………….
The situation here is that time goes and people also go and come…….
Is like a subway line someone may travel with you up to the end, others they go out in the next subway station, others come in after some stations..

Judge
15-12-2007, 20:35
Seems your friendship concept is kind of limited…… what about friendship with animals………dogs and every animal who can show affection…..
Your unreal ideal of being a friend hardly can be adapted in real life, because friendship depends on many factors as socio-economic level, education, religion and culture…… someone wealthier much more than you rarely may be your friend or someone poorer also may not be your friend because they can adapt to your other friends or to your culture……………
You do the same and they do the same for you, so that pure concept maybe was taken from your teenager years, maybe you are still one……

Well Dick…………. Friendship for me is a very thin moment that only can be hold through the time…………….
Is like a subway line someone may travel with you up to the end, others they go out in the next subway station, others come in after some stations..

Da da da, we can't forget mans best friend the dog.The company of a loyal dog is 10 x more precious than being with friends.

Friendship to me is when you can trust your mates like a family memember,the friend will be there for you through thick and thin.

dick
15-12-2007, 20:41
Yes Mr. Donovan you are correct sir.

Maybe I was thinking of best friends or life long friends.

We all have people that we meet in our life and then gone again.

I've been lucky enough to be excepted in a group of friends here that have been together for 30 years or more. It's like a family, they all over look each others faults and will always be ready to see you for any reason.

Since we all live in the same neighborhood it's hard to lose them and the group is so large It's hard not to meet one on the street.

I feel very lucky to have met friends as close as these people are.

Albertina
16-12-2007, 01:12
Let me give you the unbiased and scientific answer: :D:
I personally choose the meaning 'freely loved' where freely means it's not driven by sexual motives :-)

Etymology:
Middle English frend, from Old English frēond; akin to Old High German friunt friend, Old English frēon to love, frēo free
Date:
before 12th century

1 a: one attached to another by affection or esteem b: acquaintance
2 a: one that is not hostile
b: one that is of the same nation, party, or group

3: one that favors or promotes something (as a charity)
4: a favored companion
5: a member of a Christian sect that stresses Inner Light, rejects sacraments and an ordained ministry, and opposes war —called also Quaker

Miracle77777
16-12-2007, 01:26

:rolleyes::eh:......My dear Donovan...I appreciate your position about friendship, because I do think that everybody have roght on their own opinion...
I am not in my teens, obviously (read the others of my posts and you will get it)

Miracle77777
16-12-2007, 01:35

You right about social, financial e t.c. differences between people...So smart from you to notice that!! :applause:
But it is too limited position to think that people with such differences could not be a good friends...
Of course, when you make friends with intention to get smth from them - This is hopeless....But Our life so many-sided and obscure..so all things could happen..
For me, even if your friend is more wealth, have another religion, born in aristocratic family - he still could be my best friend... Because I could give him smth what he have not... because I want to be a friend not just for get smth, but to give too...(in a good meaning of phrase)

Miracle77777
16-12-2007, 01:37

Maybe you should think more about your relations with friends and they will not "go out in the next stations" so soon??
Regards ^-*

Miracle77777
16-12-2007, 01:39
Da da da, we can't forget mans best friend the dog.The company of a loyal dog is 10 x more precious than being with friends.

Friendship to me is when you can trust your mates like a family memember,the friend will be there for you through thick and thin.

Nice from you to mention dogs here :goldy:
But it is very difficult to find really a loyal dog!!

Miracle77777
16-12-2007, 01:43
Yes Mr. Donovan you are correct sir.

Maybe I was thinking of best friends or life long friends.

We all have people that we meet in our life and then gone again.

I've been lucky enough to be excepted in a group of friends here that have been together for 30 years or more. It's like a family, they all over look each others faults and will always be ready to see you for any reason.

Since we all live in the same neighborhood it's hard to lose them and the group is so large It's hard not to meet one on the street.

I feel very lucky to have met friends as close as these people are.

Happt for you, Dick - you should be a very nice person, if you do have so many friends..
But if we speak about Best Friends, who really devote to you... like members of family, as you said....I think there could be no more than two or three of them...
All the others are Very-very nice too...but you will not share with them your death secrets ^-*
Will understand if you not agreee with me :D

Albertina
16-12-2007, 01:56
What is friendship?

I thought the answer was obvious, it's a ship of friends :o
DOn't understand what the problem is

Miracle77777
16-12-2007, 02:07
I thought the answer was obvious, it's a ship of friends :o
DOn't understand what the problem is

Like persons who could explain the most serious things in simplest words:D

Donovan
16-12-2007, 02:32
You right about social, financial e t.c. differences between people...So smart from you to notice that!! :applause:
But it is too limited position to think that people with such differences could not be a good friends...
Of course, when you make friends with intention to get smth from them - This is hopeless....But Our life so many-sided and obscure..so all things could happen..
For me, even if your friend is more wealth, have another religion, born in aristocratic family - he still could be my best friend... Because I could give him smth what he have not... because I want to be a friend not just for get smth, but to give too...(in a good meaning of phrase)

.....................................................................................................:snoring:

dick
16-12-2007, 02:36
I count 27, 28 with me. 20 are at my place now getting ready for new year.

Yes we are lifting weights! 50 grams at a time.:fireworks:

Donovan
16-12-2007, 02:37
Let me give you the unbiased and scientific answer: :D:
I personally choose the meaning 'freely loved' where freely means it's not driven by sexual motives :-)

Etymology:
Middle English frend, from Old English frēond; akin to Old High German friunt friend, Old English frēon to love, frēo free
Date:
before 12th century

1 a: one attached to another by affection or esteem b: acquaintance
2 a: one that is not hostile
b: one that is of the same nation, party, or group

3: one that favors or promotes something (as a charity)
4: a favored companion
5: a member of a Christian sect that stresses Inner Light, rejects sacraments and an ordained ministry, and opposes war —called also Quaker

Yea.......... I should head my life as the dictionary says............. never thought it.............. will try!

dick
16-12-2007, 02:48
Actually it's lead my life, but what do I know, I'm dick

I meant drunk!

Judge
16-12-2007, 02:53
Nice from you to mention dogs here :goldy:
But it is very difficult to find really a loyal dog!!
Dogs are just like people,it's how you treat them.Treat a dog well,with love and care and he will be loyal to you all its life.Maybe you have the same saying in Russia ,in England a dog is a man's best friend..

Donovan
16-12-2007, 03:01
Actually it's lead my life, but what do I know, I'm dick

I meant drunk!

Yeah.... I know... but I think that if I can head my love, my space, my way..... I can head my life............... is like anyway and anyhow..... few use it...:bookworm:

Ok.....

The more you try to analyze and judge who may be your friends the more you corrupt that concept and those feelings…………. Life shows you who is really with you and who isn’t…………. but if you say………… hey!!! Look at me!!! I have so many friends, maybe you are right………. but a good friend is happy of having friends and this emotion is implicit inside you……………..
And if you are not open that people come and go, this means that you are closed for accepting new friends, or you are thinking that people will be always the same…….

And those who say that you should have more friends or that you are not a good friend without knowing you!!…….. are the most arrogant blind people who can exist *at least for me*, because inside them they are trying to seize people according their own point of view…………….. is like telling someone………….. hey!!! You are poor……… your car sucks…… you should have some more money……………….. hey! Your job is miserable you should work in another place………… how do they know why they live like that and what can of life they have…………they talk just because……. without analyzing the biological reaction that comes from their brains culturally understood as thoughts or the sound that comes from their mouths culturally understood as voice? ………….*like parrots*

Well my virtual buddy……… hope you liked my posts and appreciate my point of view.

C ya later!!!

Donovan
16-12-2007, 03:03
[QUOTE=Miracle77777;321780]You right about social, financial e t.c. differences between people...So smart from you to notice that!! :applause:

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You made my day!!!!:sunny:

Donovan
16-12-2007, 03:09
Dogs are just like people,it's how you treat them.Treat a dog well,with love and care and he will be loyal to you all its life.Maybe you have the same saying in Russia ,in England a dog is a man's best friend..

People who cant understand animals, they cant understand themselves...... they have a very dark concept of life.........

Dog and even my spouse has cat and I prefer a snake instead of a cat.... I mean all animals are great...... I can understand very much the attitude of someone just knowing how they deal with animals.....

I took my dog from the street and I always recommend people doing that....... great feeling........ …

dick
16-12-2007, 03:14
I don't know about that, some of my friends here are kind of rich and some are very poor. It's just that when you know someone from the age of 6, and that still live next to you 30 year on.

Judge
16-12-2007, 03:38
People who cant understand animals, they cant understand themselves...... they have a very dark concept of life.........

Dog and even my spouse has cat and I prefer a snake instead of a cat.... I mean all animals are great...... I can understand very much the attitude of someone just knowing how they deal with animals.....

I took my dog from the street and I always recommend people doing that....... great feeling........ …
Can you teach a snake to do tricks,lol,i don't like snakes but each to their own.
You are right about people who don't understand animals,how can you not like a cat or a dog?

It did cross my mind ,taking a dog from the street(puppy) after my dog passes away ,mongrels are healthier than pedigree dogs.

Donovan
16-12-2007, 04:09
Can you teach a snake to do tricks,lol,i don't like snakes but each to their own.
You are right about people who don't understand animals,how can you not like a cat or a dog?

It did cross my mind ,taking a dog from the street(puppy) after my dog passes away ,mongrels are healthier than pedigree dogs.

pedigree dogs are nice... but as for me is kind of elitis and racist.... because people blackcommerce with that excuse....

Meanwhile millions of street dogs are brutally killed.......