PDA

View Full Version : swimming in moscow

expat2013
16-08-2013, 16:31
wondering places for swimming in Moscow? Better hurry as Autumn quickly approaching. visited a beautiful forested place 3 stations on purple metro (nw)from the ring. get off there and ask someone using your best russian and they will direct you.

uganda
17-08-2013, 05:12
The best place to swim in Moscow is near the Mega mall in Belaya Dacha. Known as "Kariery" (quarry) there, it's a former mine (I don't know what they were digging there for exactly) filled with water in the late 70's. There's no natural life (fish, etc.) in those artificially created lakes and the water is clean and pleasantly warm. The surroundings are nice too. There is a lake for families (not as deep) and a lake for adults (where people drown every year from drunk swimming).

DrAswaj
22-08-2013, 16:33
You can swim in the Olympiski Stadium in the metro Vorobiyevi Goryi. I used to swim there for a year

timb
30-08-2013, 16:29
You can swim in the Olympiski Stadium in the metro Vorobiyevi Goryi. I used to swim there for a year

Thanks. I will check it out.:cool:

Benedikt
30-08-2013, 16:47
wondering places for swimming in Moscow? Better hurry as Autumn quickly approaching. visited a beautiful forested place 3 stations on purple metro (nw)from the ring. get off there and ask someone using your best russian and they will direct you.

waterski/waterboards,para sailing/surfing,whatever it is called, shashlik,summer cafes,nice girls,nice guys,lots of fun...