PDA

View Full Version : Is work of police effective where you are from?

Potty
12-08-2013, 01:12
:trooper:

Alan65
12-08-2013, 01:12

No

Potty
12-08-2013, 01:13
Thank you Alan.

Jack17
12-08-2013, 02:02
No. Police are a leech on society. Police seldom if ever prevent crime; they investigate and apprehend after a crime has been committed.

BabyFirefly
12-08-2013, 02:26
Yes, they're very effective at wasting taxpayer money. Or creating traffic jams.

yakspeare
12-08-2013, 04:23
I have a lot of respect for law enforcement in oz as a gemeral rule. But actually the most effective policing and most helpful, I ever encountered, was in Russia. Several times.

BabyFirefly
12-08-2013, 06:16
I have a lot of respect for law enforcement in oz as a gemeral rule. But actually the most effective policing and most helpful, I ever encountered, was in Russia. Several times.

Not that I ever had any problems with them, but do tell some examples.

Benedikt
12-08-2013, 06:47

because we ahve cameras all over the place ( very seldom we see a traffic cop, but God help you parking on the pavement or jumping a red traffic light.)
where i come from we would not DARE to settle a dispute -po chelovetshki-.on the other hand, these little fender benders that needs HERE hours to sort out are done in a minute or two between the involved parties, without any police. where i come from i would call the police if i would ahve any problems or are in trouble.

Where i AM now, i would think twice. hopefully i n22 years here i never had to deal with any police, traffic or others.

yakspeare
12-08-2013, 06:48
Well I have spoken of them in the past on here but:

In 2005 I was drink spiked and mugged. When I came back to the nightclub in the morning, the police were called and arrived within about 2 minutes. Took me to the cop station, served me tea, got a friemd in to translate, tried to set me up with her, contacted my friends immediately and were very efficient.

A second time was in krasnodar where I went downstairs to get my scooter to find it stolen. But there was a note attached to where I had parked it. It was the police. They had seen my scooter being pushed by a group of guys, questioned and arrested them and found out from where they had taken it (no registration so no way to find out who was the owner). They then took it to the police car park to be secured. All this while i was sleeping, unaware it had even been stolen and found. I called the number, went to the police station, made a statement and got my scooter back. Tried to offer thanks in monetary terms but it was rejected with a lpok of horror. There is very little chance you would get your scooter back in oz, let alone it being found before you knew it had gone.

btw which ones Pink?
12-08-2013, 07:52
As a matter of standard policy in the USA and also Australia (I could probably add Canada to that too) ....NEVER call the police.

The US police have been militarized and are a joke...a very dangerous joke. They have become a law unto themselves in some departments. The police in the USA have even begun giving roadside anal and vaginal cavity searches..... and actually HAVE been done .....not only with the same glove for both cavities but with the same glove on both cavities on two women in Texas.
And we are talking about a car pulled over for simply "litering" when a cigarette butt was tossed out the window...with respectable passengers who have never been in trouble...not crack whores and such!

In Australia...well Australia is an authoritan communist police state...the police there are virtually all state police. HUGE bureaucratic departments. They hire 18 year old no nothings that they can easily brainwash into doing the state's bidding. They are less likely to shoot you as the USA police but they are about as dumb as straw. To give you an idea of what average people think about Aussie cops, their nickname is "The Filth"!

So, I have no clue about what one poster here is saying about them.

No chance of bribing any of them to get them to see reason as there at least is in Russia.

Btw...I'm not just a "cop hater" I have considerable time invested "years" getting ready to do police work...but eventually backed out because of what I learned about the changing face of most PDs.

An article about US police:
http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/why-have-police-in-america-turned-into-such-ruthless-thugs

yakspeare
12-08-2013, 11:31
Lol. It is especially hard to be a cop in Australia at 18. Most states require 1 year of university doing a justice course at a minimum and prefer university graduates. Life experience is a factor with the likelihood of acceptance being higher with 5-10 years in the workforce.

mrzuzzo
12-08-2013, 11:43
Nope. Absolutely useless.

I can give 2 examples where the cops did nothing in Canada:

1) Got jumped, beaten by brass knuckle, ended up in a hospital. Knew who did it, told the cops. Cops didn't bother even after being repeatedly asked as to what the status is.

2) Girl got raped by my neighbors then beaten up. She ran out of their house covered in blood. I saw her and called the cops, the cops called the girls' parents to pick her up. Neighbors simply bounced from the house and went clubbing for the rest of the night, cops knocked on their door once and never came back again.

The only thing cops are good for in Canada is giving people tickets for "jaywalking" and busting 17 year olds trying to buy a 6-pack of beer at the corner store. Also, giving out unreasonably high traffic tickets for fairly minor traffic violations.

Actually, a Russian woman got arrested in Montreal for not holding on to the escalator rail. The cops deemed it "dangerous". This is how useless and absolutely out of control the police forces in Canada are.

sashadidi
12-08-2013, 11:45
As a matter of standard policy in the USA and also Australia (I could probably add Canada to that too) ....NEVER call the police.

The US police have been militarized and are a joke...a very dangerous joke. They have become a law unto themselves in some departments. The police in the USA have even begun giving roadside anal and vaginal cavity searches..... and actually HAVE been done .....not only with the same glove for both cavities but with the same glove on both cavities on two women in Texas.
And we are talking about a car pulled over for simply "litering" when a cigarette butt was tossed out the window...with respectable passengers who have never been in trouble...not crack whores and such!

In Australia...well Australia is an authoritan communist police state...the police there are virtually all state police. HUGE bureaucratic departments. They hire 18 year old no nothings that they can easily brainwash into doing the state's bidding. They are less likely to shoot you as the USA police but they are about as dumb as straw. To give you an idea of what average people think about Aussie cops, their nickname is "The Filth"!

So, I have no clue about what one poster here is saying about them.

No chance of bribing any of them to get them to see reason as there at least is in Russia.

Btw...I'm not just a "cop hater" I have considerable time invested "years" getting ready to do police work...but eventually backed out because of what I learned about the changing face of most PDs.

An article about US police:
http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/why-have-police-in-america-turned-into-such-ruthless-thugs

Actually the the filth is more of a english term than Australian but I guess you have been to Australia then and had dealings with the police there???
Sadly at least in New Zealand they have been forced to do more minor traffic and alcohol stuff which brings them more and more face to face with a normal law abiding public who then get upset by them, this is reflected at least in New Zealand rightly or wrongly
by a increased reluctance of the general public to help the police in fights where they are out numbered now as they remember that the same police force did not cut them a break when for example say passed a car legally and safely and went 110kph in a 100 kph zone for a few seconds during the passing maneuver and then slowed down, under the old non ticket quota system the cops let it go but now they have to give a ticket, no more discretion allowed. this from a friend in the karate club who is a police dog handler dealing with the hard boys in New Zealand and he is regularly told to issue more tickets or no promotion, he is still a ordinary constable!!!

btw which ones Pink?
12-08-2013, 11:59
You only have to be 18 to apply except maybe Victoria! College not required ..........and neither it should be anyway! College can not make a cop!
At least in the USA you have to be 21 to apply. The cops are much younger in Australia and you have an over abundance of female cops who are next to useless...or worse as they tend to escalate situations with false bravado. As a matter of fact even the firearm training given to AU cops is stunningly worthless.

yakspeare
12-08-2013, 13:18
Er you may only need to be 18 to apply-in WA this means you have to do then a 2 year Associate Degree before you begin the process of being a cop. But minimum standards doesn't mean you would be accepted, but even if so then so what? My father joined the Navy at 16 and my Grandfather joined the Army and served in WW1 at 15.

As for firearm training, we had the Vic sharpshooters come to ourcrifle range and 5cm groupings at 500 metres-far exceeding military sniper marksman standard.

Nobbynumbnuts
12-08-2013, 13:42
I was in Peckham, south London a couple of weeks ago. A notoriously lawless area of London. I saw people being arrested on the street, cars being stopped and searched and a lot of very dubious characters walking around. I stopped a policeman and asked for directions to a street and was greeted politely and professionally. I am amazed at how the police can do their jobs in such an area when it must seem they are fighting a loosing battle.

btw which ones Pink?
12-08-2013, 15:21
Er you may only need to be 18 to apply-in WA this means you have to do then a 2 year Associate Degree before you begin the process of being a cop. But minimum standards doesn't mean you would be accepted, but even if so then so what? My father joined the Navy at 16 and my Grandfather joined the Army and served in WW1 at 15.

As for firearm training, we had the Vic sharpshooters come to ourcrifle range and 5cm groupings at 500 metres-far exceeding military sniper marksman standard.

Look just stop it with the BS. Just go the state's websites. I've been through the process. I know what they do. You DON't need ANY college, just a high school score good enough to get you in. After you go through the app process and get accpted into say, the NSW police for instance, they send you to Goulburn to do some BS "policing" diploma, where they do NOTHING to see that you are proficient with firearms.

You have silly little girls coming out of Goulburn that when sent on a 'Domestic' they leave their partner and run and sit in the car and cry. Others who ask if it is OK if they leave "my gun unloaded until I need it"? And others that get knocked down onto the pavement and about to be pulverized with their own batton until bystanders jump in to save them. The stories never end....and most older cops will tell you when no one is listening that they are pissed off about the drive to feminize the police service.

Guys who came out of the South African police, who have seen real and consistant trouble and actually know how to survive a gun fight, are in Australia giving weapons training to the public and oaccasionally police, privately joke about the quality of training the regular recruits received before coming to them.

If you know some cops that can survive a gunfight I suggest that they did not learn it in regular police training in Australia.

I actually went through weapons training after arriving in Australia one time and out of about 15 people in the class I was the only one that didn't have to do a re-shoot! Aussies....generally, can't shoot! You dont have a gun culture.

Benedikt
12-08-2013, 19:52
I was in Peckham, south London a couple of weeks ago. A notoriously lawless area of London. I saw people being arrested on the street, cars being stopped and searched and a lot of very dubious characters walking around. I stopped a policeman and asked for directions to a street and was greeted politely and professionally. I am amazed at how the police can do their jobs in such an area when it must seem they are fighting a loosing battle.

there are good ones and bad ones. there are many who take their work serious and realy trying to make a difference. but suppose one gets disillusioned sooner or later when one is being abused, used and the Mickey taken out of you.

btw which ones Pink?
13-08-2013, 06:21
There are some sheriffs and police who are waking up and promised NOT to obey unlawful laws.

http://constitutionalsheriffs.ning.com/

yakspeare
13-08-2013, 07:45
Australians don't know how to shoot? Are you friggin for real? We don't have urban cowboy wannabes but every bush kid knows how to shoot. About 40% of the military when I was were from Queensland, usually rural Queensland.

I have been shooting since the age of 3 FFS. Grew up hunting rabbits, eating rabbit stew each night ans selling the furs.Everyone in my family can shoot, my mum, my sisters, my brother. My Dad and I both received our military marksmans. Every Christmas we particpate in an archery comp, usually taking out the top places.

We don't have the level of gun crime of the US but our police are up to the task.

yakspeare
13-08-2013, 07:53
"Education/Employment Experience

You must have successfully completed Year 12 (or equivalent Senior Year), or have three years of full-time paid employment (or the part-time equivalent) since leaving high school."

Note- they are the absolute minimum requirements. Doesn't mean you will get in.

Determining Suitability

Applicants are considered for appointment as a police recruit in order of merit. The overall assessment of merit includes consideration of a wide range of characteristics, attributes, skills and abilities including:
Life experience
Work experience
Education and qualifications
Volunteer/Community service
Verbal, non-verbal and written communication
AssertivenessPersonal qualities (e.g. trustworthiness, empathy, tolerance, responsibility)
Conflict resolution skills
Observation and decision-making skills
Driving experience
Health and fitness
Interpersonal skills
Problem solving and reasoning skills
Computer skills
Other applied policing skills"

How much life experience, qualifications and work experience will a 18 year old have to be competitive? In over 30 years in Australia I have never seen an 18-20 year old police officer. Not ever.

btw which ones Pink?
13-08-2013, 08:21
Well, I can't comment for sure on the actual amount of recruits that are in my opinion too young because one does not tend to go up to a cop and ask about their age.....but you can read the comments of other older cops from QLD about what they think about it all here. I know of cops that joined when they were 18 in NSW.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/experienced-police-officers-believe-many-recruits-are-arrogant-violent-and-lack-the-necessary-life-skills-for-the-job/story-e6freoof-1226624725939

yakspeare
13-08-2013, 08:45
"Police Minister Jack Dempsey said there had been just three 18-year-olds recruited since the reforms last July and the average age of recruits had actually increased from 24 to 30."

I can understand that, that has just come in and is not a historic judgement of police in Australia. But gee 3 18 year olds in the entire service? And as it says, the average age is now 30. Loads of my friends in the military went on to be coppers, and they get special consideration to join. They certainly have firearm skills.

But I will point out that these older cops arent being honest with themselves. Before the mid 90s, you could join the cops out of school but then the states wanted a more intellectual cop and required university, what they discovered was streetsmart cops and uni grad cops are not the same thing. They were losing potential candidates because of their focus on nerds.

So now the pendulum has swung back the other way so the door is open for younger, though few are being accepted. NSW has closed their applications and say entry standards are under review- this is the first time I have ever seen a police force with a no vacancy sign.

btw which ones Pink?
13-08-2013, 08:50
I would also add that this recruiting of the yourg and dumb has been goin on for a long time in Australia as you can see from this.

On June 18, 1991, a group of 51 police recruits were tested during their second day at the Police Academy. The group consisted of 43 males and 8 females. They ranged in age from 19 to 33, with an average age of 22. The average age for males was 22 and for females, 20. Most recruits had an educational level of year 12.
These recruits were selected from about 3000 applican

http://www.aiofp.com.au/site/DefaultSite/filesystem/documents/Research%20Report%204.pdf

And that is out of 3000 people, so you can see that they must have chose those young ones over the older ones. Its not like the had no choice.

yakspeare
13-08-2013, 09:30
Well the trend went the other way in the mid 90s but the mining boom has sapped up a lot of talent. What the police force look vor is not young and dumb, but ex military service gets preference and options for seniority, poaching from other pllice forces, people with 5-10 years in the workplace or people with trades and other qualifications.

In the mid 90s, due to exposure of corruption in the NSW, older officers were shifted out and thd push was on for university graduates in poliving..so called smart cops. But they lack common sense and life skills and so adjustments have been made to make it closer to what it had been previously.

btw which ones Pink?
13-08-2013, 09:42
Yes and that is the way the US police are going too. They are hiring a lot of ex-military.

This is a huge problem for both USA and Australia. With the overt militarization of civilian policing and training tactics taking place in the USA for decades now we can expect some real thuggery going on from police as we have been seeing every week now.
You'll get the same soon in Australia I expect.

yakspeare
13-08-2013, 10:11
Well I can't speak for the US ut Australia military are probably much less likely to be thugs or rogue, coming from a highly disciplined environment and understanding chain of command, rules of evidence, rules of engagement etc.

btw which ones Pink?
13-08-2013, 10:22
We don't have the level of gun crime of the US but our police are up to the task.

No they are NOT! No matter what you do with the figures, you cant change that fact that when you go out and look at AU cops they are usually young punks with a chick side-kick...and the chick is usually acting like she is the boss out of the pair no matter what her standing.

Being an ex-soldier used to be considered a possible detriment to be a policeman. Its apple and oranges.

And there is a lot of missinformation about the USA especially from AU media as a matter of fact it is next to impossible to get accurate news from the MSM in Australia:

So A few facts:

The United States is #1 in the world in gun ownership, and yet it is only 28th in the world in gun murders per 100,000 people.

The violent crime rate in the United States actually fell from 757.7 per 100,000 in 1992 to 386.3 per 100,000 in 2011. During that same time period, the murder rate fell from 9.3 per 100,000 to 4.7 per 100,000.

Approximately 200,000 women in the United States use guns to protect themselves against sexual crime every single year.

Overall, guns in the United States are used 80 times more often to prevent crime than they are to take lives.

Despite the very strict ban on guns in the UK, the overall rate of violent crime in the UK is about 4 times higher than it is in the United States.

In one recent year, there were 2,034 violent crimes per 100,000 people in the UK. In the United States, there were only 466 violent crimes per 100,000 people during that same year.

The UK has approximately 125 percent more rape victims per 100,000 people each year than the United States does.

The UK has approximately 133 percent more assault victims per 100,000 people each year than the United States does.

The UK has the fourth highest burglary rate in the EU.

The UK has the second highest overall crime rate in the EU.

A study published in the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy discovered that nations that have more guns tend to have less crime.

The nine European nations with the lowest rate of gun ownership rate have a combined murder rate that is three times greater than the nine European nation with the highest rate of gun ownership.

Almost every mass shooting that has occurred in the United States since 1950 has taken place in a state with strict gun control laws…

In Australia, gun murders increased by about 19 percent and armed robberies increased by about 69 percent after a gun ban was instituted.

btw which ones Pink?
14-08-2013, 02:17
https://sphotos-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/q71/s720x720/1157706_507842392628076_1086369669_n.jpg

btw which ones Pink?
14-08-2013, 02:39
Well I can't speak for the US ut Australia military are probably much less likely to be thugs or rogue, coming from a highly disciplined environment and understanding chain of command, rules of evidence, rules of engagement etc.

That's a bit of a joke isn't it?

What do you think the hoodwinked German people said about Hitler's military? ....Same thing buddy!

I've had a couple of ex-snipers from the AU military tell me that AU soldiers are the opposite of your description, in general. That they are so well indoctrinated that they would shoot and kill Australian citizens with glee and satisfaction, if given the command.

Whereas American soldiers are presented with questions of this scenario all the time and we know that the majority are quite unwilling to fire on Americans no matter who gives the orders. I know some platoons who refused to take part in the gun confiscation that went on during Hurricane Katrina. Of course the media didnt cover that! That was a wake-up call and turning point for many in the military.

I'm not saying it won't happen but many more will refuse than if this happened today. In fact, I know of a police chief who has stated that if he was ordered to disarm Americans that he would take off his uniform and fight alongside the American gunowners against his own boys in blue. His name is Mark Knessler. Look him up.

You'll NEVER see that in Australian police.

In fact, right now Obama is aware of the general soldier's attitude to being ordered to fire on civilians, and according to some US Military Officers, Obama is removing or purging the military of commanders who oppose his authoritarian rule. (Just like Obama removed those officers who tried to send rescue teams into Benghazi against his "stand down" orders)
Obama wants a military who will fire on Americans!

I imagine Gillard and Rudd want the same but they wont get any argument from the typical indoctrinated AU soldiers.

yakspeare
14-08-2013, 02:43
Ok I think I have taken this discussion far enough. Gun related crime per capita is ten times australia's numbers in the US.

I doubt you even know an aussie sniper, certainly you have no military experience.

Jack17
14-08-2013, 06:21
Obama wants a military who will fire on Americans!

Why's that?

Alan65
14-08-2013, 10:48

What were you doing in Peckham, the only reason I can think of to go there is to buy crack.

btw which ones Pink?
14-08-2013, 11:48
Ok I think I have taken this discussion far enough. Gun related crime per capita is ten times australia's numbers in the US.

I doubt you even know an aussie sniper, certainly you have no military experience.

Wasn't much of a discussion. You didn't respond adecquately to important points ...probably because you have no reliable source of information in your communist authoritarian slave nation.

You weren't able to deduct that the ratio of gun crime is irrelavant since Australians are forbidden by law to possess most guns thereby making the analysis moot on that point.....as a matter of fact in Australia one is any forbidden by law to own ALL or ANY guns for the purpose of defense. It's not a "valid" reason to be "allowed" to have one, according to your slave-owners.

"VIOLENT" crime ratios are what is important because people can be murdered with just about anything (though not many things make a good defense against a murderer) and the USA is not as violent as you make out it is.

Nobbynumbnuts
14-08-2013, 13:51
What were you doing in Peckham, the only reason I can think of to go there is to buy crack.

Popping 'round to see Del Boy? :rasta:

penka
14-08-2013, 20:01
Is the police work effective in Limassol, potty?

Potty
15-08-2013, 05:55
Is the police work effective in Limassol, potty?

Well before 2005 Cypriots didn't lock their doors or cars as there was no criminality. It was like a big safe village. Now with Romanians its not so safe anymore but the police is like still in 2005. They don't know how to catch robbers or car thieves or whatever. They think everything will be sorted out by itself.

penka
15-08-2013, 13:00
Well before 2005 Cypriots didn't lock their doors or cars as there was no criminality. It was like a big safe village. Now with Romanians its not so safe anymore but the police is like still in 2005. They don't know how to catch robbers or car thieves or whatever. They think everything will be sorted out by itself.

That's a shame, really.

There are still places in Sweden, like Norrland with the population density of taiga, where they still don't lock the doors. But, then it's within the arctic circle so I guess, not many outsiders strive to move there... And locals usually know each other.

Jack17
15-08-2013, 19:46
I don't lock my doors; never heard of a robbery where I live.

Speaking of Police, the only police I have respect for are the Swedish Police. Years ago I had some personal property stolen in Sweden and they were extremely helpful in recovering it for me.