PDA

View Full Version : Do you still use ICQ?

Potty
10-08-2013, 22:58
Do you know anyone who does?

Nobbynumbnuts
10-08-2013, 23:07

First time i've heard of it in years..

natlee
10-08-2013, 23:20
Very much so. Chat to friends and family via ICQ and Skype but I rarely have Skype on as I use it mostly for video calls, duh :) Met my ex-hubby via ICQ :eek: :D (he was looking for fellow students :))

Russian Lad
10-08-2013, 23:26
he was looking for fellow students

Yeah, we are sure he was.:)
ICQ - no, stopped using this Jewish service like four years ago. My Skype has become glitchy though - people can find and add me, I am unable to find and to add anyone. I have heard it is not a rare glitch. Anyone has had it? Maybe it is directly connected to a CIA office right now, who knows, after what Snowden has told us...

Nobbynumbnuts
10-08-2013, 23:48
Very much so. Chat to friends and family via ICQ and Skype but I rarely have Skype on as I use it mostly for video calls, duh :) Met my ex-hubby via ICQ :eek: :D (he was looking for fellow students :))

I use Skype all the time, great way to keep intouch...........although i keep getting complete strangers trying to call me and send invitations. Some beautiful looking women but most from Ghana/Burkino Faso etc.
Haven't worked out yet how to stop that. Very irritating! :cussing:

natlee
10-08-2013, 23:52
Yeah, we are sure he was.:) Well he was :) He was doing his MBA at the same university I was studying (BA) at :) I also met one of the nicest guys in the world via ICQ whom I still consider a dear friend :) All that was ages ago, when many of us had enough free time to play around with random chat :D

natlee
10-08-2013, 23:58
I use Skype all the time, great way to keep intouch...........although i keep getting complete strangers trying to call me and send invitations. Some beautiful looking women but most from Ghana/Burkino Faso etc.
Haven't worked out yet how to stop that. Very irritating! :cussing: Settings - voice and video calls/messages - receive calls from/allow IMs from. Choose contacts only ;) At least that's how it is on my tab :)

Nobbynumbnuts
11-08-2013, 00:00
Settings - voice and video calls/messages - receive calls from/allow IMs from. Choose contacts only ;) At least that's how it is on my tab :)

Cheers, i'll give it another go but i'm sure i done did that and still got these scam merchants trying to hook up with me!! :)

Benedikt
11-08-2013, 00:01

skype also rarely, if ever. so can't be invited by -friends- that i don't know or maybe even care to know.and the less of all this junk, the fewer chances to catch something nasty on the computer. though with a MAC these are slim.
but who knows me, or needs to know, knows where i am and how to contact me. that's more than enough.

FatAndy
12-08-2013, 15:06
Ыес, оф корз (С). The whole office of ppl who use ICQ, many of partners too.

Haven't worked out yet how to stop that. Very irritating! :cussing:
Skype is a very nice device, but to chat you should have both parties online. ICQ has no such restriction.

Nobbynumbnuts
12-08-2013, 15:16
......Skype is a very nice device, but to chat you should have both parties online. ICQ has no such restriction.

I don't see the point in chatting if both parties are not online. I can use my email account for that.
With Skype you can chat or even call for free if you want. I like it...............................just those pesky scammers!!

FatAndy
12-08-2013, 15:24
I don't see the point in chatting if both parties are not online.
This means:
1) You're not in RF
2) You don't do extensive business communications online with RF
;)

With Skype you can chat or even call for free if you want.
Oh, really??!! :jawdrop:

Sana
12-08-2013, 16:05
I don't see the point in chatting if both parties are not online. I can use my email account for that.
With Skype you can chat or even call for free if you want. I like it...............................just those pesky scammers!!

If for example you want to send a short PM through Skype, it will not come through if the other party is not online. At the same time it is not convenient to send emails. I keep voice calling with my friend and there have been also too many glitches in Skype; messages from my friend sometimes do not come through to me at all.

I use ICQ for work extensively. I advise everybody to use it as a messenger. It is OK. Messages are not lost in the cyberspace and it is quite reliable.

mrzuzzo
12-08-2013, 17:05
Haven't used ICQ in probably 5 years. Last I remember is that the interface is very heavy and loaded with random useless features.