PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Fever

andyindubai
10-08-2013, 20:17
I've sent the team out tonight as I wanted a break from them to get my work done - problem is I finished in record time.....so now I have a dead evening with no plans......a very sad situation one must say. So the question is - where would a guy on his own go out in Moscow? Needs to be safe, not a pickup bar/strip club, and at a stretch have some half decent food.....Any ideas?

Alan65
10-08-2013, 20:19
I've sent the team out tonight as I wanted a break from them to get my work done - problem is I finished in record time.....so now I have a dead evening with no plans......a very sad situation one must say. So the question is - where would a guy on his own go out in Moscow? Needs to be safe, not a pickup bar/strip club, and at a stretch have some half decent food.....Any ideas?

Go to the world athletics champioship at Luzinki Stadium, lots of tickets on sale.

andyindubai
10-08-2013, 20:25
Sounds possible - what times it on till?

tonytony
10-08-2013, 20:29
You might try one of the cinemas that do English films.

There's the 35mm, although I'm not too sure what's on tonight.

But throughout August they're doing screenings of a live theatre performance in London of The Audience with Helen Mirren:-

http://www.kino35mm.ru/en/film/1851

Apparently they're also screening the live performances in the USA as well

Alan65
10-08-2013, 20:38
Sounds possible - what times it on till?

Opening ceremony in 25 minutes, Bolt etc racing tonight

FatAndy
10-08-2013, 20:39
www.durdin.ru ;)

andyindubai
10-08-2013, 20:48
Thanks for that...am down at Paveletskaya contemplating my choice....

andyindubai
10-08-2013, 21:01
Think I wont make athletics tonight...but tomorrow looks good option...Quick Q. whats punch and judy at novokuznetskaya like?

tonytony
11-08-2013, 01:41
www.durdin.ru ;)

Thank you SO much for that link.

It gave links to a number of other pubs in Moscow, one of which has the second best beer in the world on draught :beerbros: Fullers ESB.

I had no idea about this place so I might go down and check it out next weekend

robertmf
11-08-2013, 02:28
It gave links to a number of other pubs in Moscow, one of which has the second best beer in the world on draught :beerbros: Fullers ESB.

What's #1 :question:

tonytony
11-08-2013, 23:58
What's #1 :question:

For me, it's Greene King Abbot Ale, but there again Adnams Southwold is right up there as well.

This probably gives a bit of a clue as to what part of the country I come from.

For people not from the UK, Greene King and Adnams are both based in the same part of the UK.

andyindubai
12-08-2013, 00:08
Are they Kentish? Cant remember.....

tonytony
12-08-2013, 00:24
Are they Kentish? Cant remember.....

East Anglia. Greene King is based in Bury St Edmunds and Adnams in Southwold on the Suffolk coast.

Sandy
22-08-2013, 14:16
Now if only there were some place serving Greene King!

kanga
22-08-2013, 15:35
Now if only there were some place serving Greene King!

Greene King is available in the John Donne pub chain all round town:

http://www.john-donne.ru/