PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had a problem with Voerman Movers?

Jamco225
07-08-2013, 22:02
I am experiencing a very distressful situation with Voerman Movers. I might add that it's not the first time I have had a problem with them. A few years ago, I moved my furniture to Russia with them and two antique chairs were stolen from the warehouse in Moscow. Voerman tried to pretend that the two chairs were not in the shipment until I showed them the packing slip which showed that they were picked up by them in the Netherlands (along with photographs). Now I have a situation with my temporary import declaration. I paid them 250 Euros and followed their written instructions. I even turned in the required documentation two weeks prior to their written deadline. Now they have come back to say that I have to pay a 300 Euro penalty for being late! When I pointed out that their representative gave me an apparently incorrect timetable, they basically said too bad and that they were going to keep the money anyway! Unbelievable! I have subsequently heard from other expats that Voerman is famous for screwing their clients and to beware. I even contacted their headquarters but despite promises to look into the matter, they never follow-up as promised. Very disappointing! Does anyone know if I can I bring a small claims suit against them?

Delta268
07-08-2013, 22:22
Not sure if it really makes sense to post the same thing in various incarnations multiple times (3 in my counting at least)

Jamco225
08-08-2013, 15:05
Thanks for reading! Do you have a useful suggestion?

Edyta
09-08-2013, 16:06
I am experiencing a very distressful situation with Voerman Movers. I might add that it's not the first time I have had a problem with them. A few years ago, I moved my furniture to Russia with them and two antique chairs were stolen from the warehouse in Moscow. Voerman tried to pretend that the two chairs were not in the shipment until I showed them the packing slip which showed that they were picked up by them in the Netherlands (along with photographs). Now I have a situation with my temporary import declaration. I paid them 250 Euros and followed their written instructions. I even turned in the required documentation two weeks prior to their written deadline. Now they have come back to say that I have to pay a 300 Euro penalty for being late! When I pointed out that their representative gave me an apparently incorrect timetable, they basically said too bad and that they were going to keep the money anyway! Unbelievable! I have subsequently heard from other expats that Voerman is famous for screwing their clients and to beware. I even contacted their headquarters but despite promises to look into the matter, they never follow-up as promised. Very disappointing! Does anyone know if I can I bring a small claims suit against them?
Hello, everything depends how well executed documents you have available. Who initially you signed for the service with and if you have got (must be, as it is a requirements) insurance for the items. Unless you already signed for having all stuff well received. No papers - no claims.

Edyta
09-08-2013, 16:13
Also for future I would recommend to use AGS Froesch Russia services for international moving. Even if you want to bring your belongings from abroad (Europe) to Russia, I suggest first contact the supplier in Russia, they give their contact in your country, give you estimation and you ship to Russia the things, here in Russia the same supplier will sort customs clearance and evrything.
I worked with this supplier several years and all my foreign colleagues were happy with the service.

Benedikt
09-08-2013, 22:58
I worked with this supplier several years and all my foreign colleagues were happy with the service.[/QUOTE]

i have used them and also their storage facsilities.
they come and pack, fair enough they also check nothing goes there that is not supposed to be there. after all it is their long year and in good standing reputation with local customs. not worth for them to spoil it over an illegal Icon or old book.

Jamco225
11-08-2013, 17:18
Many thanks....I guess the root of the problem is that Voerman just blatantly lied to me and then had the audacity to keep the extra fee they charged even though I have the paperwork and records to show that it was their mistake. Unfortunately, this seems to be fairly common with Russian management. They seem to have an attitude that they are right and the customer is always wrong. Be careful to anyone who does business with them!

Jamco225
29-08-2013, 15:57
I am very frustrated with the lack of service from Voerman. After repeated calls to their head office as well as email correspondence, they never follow-up or return a phone call. Meanwhile, they still haven't done anything to process my temporary import documentation even though I have paid them! These guys just seem to want to take the client's money and then they do nothing. I think my only recourse will be to try to sue them to recover what I've paid them. Does anyone have any advice on suing a company in Russia over lack of fulfilling a service that was paid for?

Jamco225
29-08-2013, 16:01
I worked with this supplier several years and all my foreign colleagues were unhappy with the service.

i have used them and also their storage facilities.
they come and pack, fair enough they also check nothing goes there that is not supposed to be there. after all it is their long year and in good standing reputation with local customs. not worth for them to spoil it over an illegal Icon or old book.[/QUOTE]

I believe they have changed management last year and they don't seem to be reliable anymore. Go to them at your own risk! I learned the hard way and am still trying to get my money back for the services that they still haven't performed.