PDA

View Full Version : Hotel to register guest visa 3-day visit

James22
12-12-2007, 02:04
I have a friend coming for only 3 days - Friday evening to Monday afternoon. I guess to register their visa they will have to book a hotel for a night.

Any suggestion as to what hotel does this cheaply and quickly - or other suggestions?

Thanks a lot

VladSkywolf
12-12-2007, 04:20
I have a friend coming for only 3 days - Friday evening to Monday afternoon. I guess to register their visa they will have to book a hotel for a night.

Any suggestion as to what hotel does this cheaply and quickly - or other suggestions?

Thanks a lot

As I understand it, registration rules are a bit stricter in Moscow so I can't provide a definitive answer. However here in Vladivostok, since the FMS (OVIR) offices aren't open during the weekend, the 3 day 'clock' wouldn't count for Saturday and Sunday (actual experience, having arrived a couple of times on Friday or Saturday). Also, since your friend is leaving on the third day, I'm not even sure if registration would be necessary. Hopefully someone more in the know will confirm or dispute this info.

P.S.
I *think* the hotel will only register for the duration of stay in the hotel itself anyway.

12-12-2007, 08:55
No need to register the visa for visits shorter than 3 working days. Like in your case!

VladSkywolf
12-12-2007, 10:07
Thanks for confirming Guest, I was fairly certain this was the case.