PDA

View Full Version : Rasputin Semi-Poll

polly
03-02-2004, 20:00
Question:
What kind of things immediately come to mind upon hearing the name Rasputin?

Pingu
03-02-2004, 20:09
Immediately? - Boney M!

Sad, isn't it... ;)

CanGuy
03-02-2004, 20:15
A grooming nightmare!!!

polly
03-02-2004, 20:24
hahahah please explain the Boney M connection, as I'm obviously out of the loop on that one!

Limitchik
03-02-2004, 20:25
A shady strip tease joint right near Park Kultury ?

moscowmail
03-02-2004, 21:31
Ra ra Rasputin.... blah blah blah...

To me, it reminds me of Faberge for some reason.. wierd huh??!!

P.I.M.P.
04-02-2004, 13:23
I second the striptease association... I used to live around the block from them and would see dozens of cute strippers go in and out of the club

jules
04-02-2004, 15:30
I always think of the story about how hard it was to assassinate him - you know, how someone tried poison, which didn't work, and then someone shot him and dumped his body in the river, and when he was found they said he'd survived the shots and had drowned. This was one person who wasn't eager to let go of his life... He might not have been a good person, but his will to live was impressive.

kja
04-02-2004, 20:25
The Rah-Rah-Rasputin ditty.

That or the strip club.

andylip
04-02-2004, 21:29
I think of one of my favorite stories from The Onion's "Our Dumb Century":

RUSSIANS CONTINUING TO KILL RASPUTIN
"Progress Being Made," Says One Gunman; Hirstute Mystic to Reach Demise "No Later Than 1925," Say Assasins

From the Moscow correspondent, Mar. 15, 1923 -- Former members of the Russian aristocracy are continuing, for the seventh straight year, to kill Grigoriy Rasputin, hypnotist, healer, and counsel to former czar Nicholas II.

"In the first year, we commenced with our plan to poison him, shoot him, stab him, and then drown him in the Neva River," said Prince Felix Yusupov, leader of the aristocrats cahred with killing the charismatic mystic. "But those efforts met with fair to middling success, as Rasputin continued to stay alive."

AN INVOLVED PROJECT
In 1917 alone, the Kill Rasputin Project conceived of attempts to speed up the process, such as encasing his head in solid iron, repeated electrocutions, two beheadings, and a burial.
Yusupov recalls, “It was in 1919, at the Kill Rasputin Project holiday staff party, that someone came up with the idea of chopping his body into hundreds of little pieces and scattering them across the Russian countryside.”

The chopping up of Rasputin, for a short time, seemed to be succeeding, until word reached the project’s headquarters that Rasputin had been seen cavorting with Russian farm ladies, coercing them into unsavory relations using his strange and irresistible charm.

ALMOST DEAD
In later years, Rasputin was set on fire, dissolved in acid, boiled alive, flensed, fed molten lead, ground beneath the wheels of a freight train, thrown from the top of St. Basil’s Cathedral, impaled on sharpened stakes, buried under ten tons of hot gravel, struck at high speeds by an automobile, strapped to the mouth of a great cannon which was then fired several times, bolted to the keel of an icebreaking ship which was repeatedly run aground, drawn and quartered, crucified, run through with a cavalry spear from bowel to gullet, vivisected, and eviscerated. Furthermore, throughout the process, he was continually re-poisoned, re-stabbed, and re-shot.

“We’re making excellent progress,” Yusupov said. “This trickster’s mysterious influence over the now-dead czar will soon come to an end. It’s only a matter of time.”

The team expects Rasputin’s death to take place no later than 1925.

Braders
05-02-2004, 08:39
Rasputin Vodka from way back, around 94-95, awesome stuff ;)

Alethea
05-02-2004, 09:34
Ras-Putin??

Sadie
05-02-2004, 11:47
Originally posted by polly
Question:
What kind of things immediately come to mind upon hearing the name Rasputin?

scandal in my family when my sister decided to dance there :D that was a nightmare:cool:

bad manners
05-02-2004, 14:22
Originally posted by Sadie
scandal in my family when my sister decided to dance there :D that was a nightmare:cool:

Did she?

jheisel
05-02-2004, 14:24
Sadie - post pictures!

Sadie
05-02-2004, 14:30
she finished their dancing course and did work for a week, then left; first it's too hard physically, second - they started to ask her to pay for the choreographer and sfutt, obviously pushing her to be more creative in earning money
I don't have pics and anyways wouldn't post them, as they are not mine, sorry:)

trashed
20-02-2004, 02:27
Russias love machine

Random
20-02-2004, 10:25
Damm you ! cannot stop humming that bloody song by Boney M now !!!

ghost 6-3
20-02-2004, 10:39
I don't have pics and anyways wouldn't post them, as they are not mine, sorry

She wouldn't be in any of the pictures hung on the walls, would she (by the bankomat in the foyer, I mean)?