PDA

View Full Version : Great exhibition!

Elens
11-12-2007, 12:40
Great exhibition of landscape paintings by russian artist Shishkin. The exhibition is held in the branch of the Tretyakov gallery, which is located in the Central House of Artists near Gorkiy Park tube station.

Elena

Albertina
11-12-2007, 21:34
Is it the one who painted three bears at the backdrop of three logs :jester:
Not very romantic......... or is it ? :shhhhhh:

AndreyS
11-12-2007, 22:29

It really is! And a lot more. You Westerners may not understand these paintings, but we Russians love them. It's our deep beloved Russia in these paintings. Just go see!

Albertina
11-12-2007, 23:12
It really is! And a lot more. You Westerners may not understand these paintings, but we Russians love them. It's our deep beloved Russia in these paintings. Just go see!

Oh la la, this typical cultural arrogance... :suspect: Please do not impose your tastes on anyone. That's one thing. Another thing, it's my decision how to spend the little time that I have - on opera, my beloved Western authors, Matisse or bears....

AndreyS
11-12-2007, 23:20
It's not an arrogance. What I mean is Russians have appropriate background, we are really brought up on these paintings.

Please spend all you time as you like. But if you post smth - be ready to get a feedback.

PS: Are you always so dismissive?

Albertina
11-12-2007, 23:47
if i say 'You Russians ... ' in any context - it already sounds very arrogant.

I don't know if you know the meaning of dismissive. What I try to convey is that personal artistic tastes, preferences are my own personal choice. Maybe you should start to understand that there are other people with different culture, and yours is no better or worse than mine.

AndreyS
11-12-2007, 23:56
if i say 'You Russians ... ' in any context - it already sounds very arrogant.

I don't know if you know the meaning of dismissive. What I try to convey is that personal artistic tastes, preferences are my own personal choice. Maybe you should start to understand that there are other people with different culture, and yours is no better or worse than mine.

Thank you for your answer. I know the meaning of dismissive.
I wouldnt say that "you Russians" sounds arrogant, it just expresses/introduces another opinion.
Your artistic tastes are an issue of your own, but you asked a question.... Cultures are different, and I didn't say that some of them are better or worse... I started to understand that very-very long ago.... I didn't say a single word about your culture - I don't know where you are from.... Anyway, cultural exchange seems to be very interesting thing. If I was visiting your native country, I would definitely visit museums, cultural events etc.

AndreyS
12-12-2007, 00:18
Oh, I give up. I was told off twice within 10 min. for my "we Russians".
You are right, Albertina. Thank you. Quite a lesson.

DBND
12-12-2007, 20:23
I like birch tree paintings.

AndreyS
12-12-2007, 20:30
I like birch tree paintings.

How about bears? ;-))

DBND
12-12-2007, 20:38
Only from a safe distance.

Surfsup37
12-12-2007, 20:42
How about bears? ;-))

Andreys, I think everyone is a little too sensitive these days, maybe we spend too much on politics. :rolleyes:

I think that's why you got the heat. I didn't take offense, but I can see why others might have.

Anyway, I for one am going, because now I am curious, so you convinced one visitor to give a look. :agree:

Спасиба

Elens
14-12-2007, 18:00
Hello,

I really didn't expect that my small tip would cause such a heated discussion :-) I believe that Art belongs to the World and not to one particular nation. It's just a matter of taste sometimes...

AndreyS
14-12-2007, 19:43
Hello,

I really didn't expect that my small tip would cause such a heated discussion :-)

It happens here quite often.

AndreyS
14-12-2007, 19:48
Hello,

I believe that Art belongs to the World and not to one particular nation. It's just a matter of taste sometimes...

In this case you should have said just "artist Shishkin" not "Russian artist Shishkin". :-)))

TGP
15-12-2007, 23:48
In this case you should have said just "artist Shishkin" not "Russian artist Shishkin". :-)))

Or better just "some artist who painted something some time ago". Sounds quite neutral, and for sure may provoke someone's curiousity.

Korotky Gennady
18-12-2007, 04:38

Was it better if he painted three logs on one Bear... ? And we all know who this " Bear" or Bear's can be ?... :coffee:

Korotky Gennady
18-12-2007, 04:40

:thumbsup: Andrey, sorry but I can't help my unbeleaving to you... ;)

Korotky Gennady
18-12-2007, 04:43
Oh la la, this typical cultural arrogance... :suspect: Please do not impose your tastes on anyone. That's one thing. Another thing, it's my decision how to spend the little time that I have - on opera, my beloved Western authors, Matisse or bears....

Alba.. do you mean that there are the ones who are "western authors" today ? :confused: It's absolutly unbeleavable... :eek:

:eek: All these western Noble Prise winners are one fluffy crap...

Korotky Gennady
18-12-2007, 04:48
Maybe you should start to understand that there are other people with different culture, and yours is no better or worse than mine.

:confused: What country is yours ? Romania ? Listen to what the russians talk to you... We all get very good education here in sovet times... ;)

Korotky Gennady
18-12-2007, 04:50
Alberta go to have a look on Shishkin tomarrow...

Though... There are two shishkins... One lived in 19th centure... the other lives now...

Korotky Gennady
18-12-2007, 04:56

or " artist but not Shishkin ! "
:queen:

Judge
18-12-2007, 18:16
Was it better if he painted three logs on one Bear... ? And we all know who this " Bear" or Bear's can be ?... :coffee:
Are you guys talking about the pic that is wrapped around tasty russian chocolate.I read about this pic in The Moscow Times,something about another artist adding in the bears or was it the log.

Korotky Gennady
18-12-2007, 21:07
Are you guys talking about the pic that is wrapped around tasty russian chocolate.I read about this pic in The Moscow Times,something about another artist adding in the bears or was it the log.

They told that he added the bears... He placed them on and around the log... But i am afraid it's other Shishkin who have now the exibition in Moscow... " Shishkin" is the wide-spread russian surname...

If two russians meet here, one can ask another one : " Are you not Shishkin occasionally ? :nut: