PDA

View Full Version : living in St.Petersburg

Boraleo
10-12-2007, 17:29
Hi, I'm planning to move and live in St.Pet. around May 08, of course first will be marriage, my fiancee is Russian.. if someone can suggest some info about the life and bussiness, finding jobs there would be appreciated..

mock
10-12-2007, 20:42
Hi, I'm planning to move and live in St.Pet. around May 08, of course first will be marriage, my fiancee is Russian.. if someone can suggest some info about the life and bussiness, finding jobs there would be appreciated..

as for findig jobs i can recommend recruiting agencies Kelly Services : Home Page - (http://www.kellyservices.ru/web/ru/services/en/pages/index.html)
and ANCOR (http://www.ancor.ru/en/)
and for life and business, what you would like to know?

P.S. And to live in St.Petersburg is so great!

Boraleo
11-12-2007, 10:56
Thank you Mock, I have English lang. advanced level and intermediate Russian and of course native Turkish.. and good level of business experience in some international firms. Is it easy to find a job with these qualifications?
OR better to attend Russian Lang. course first for a couple of months then search a job? I think Russian lang also should be прекрасный..

mock
11-12-2007, 22:28
Russian is beautiful, you are right!
As for Russian course it depends on your level.If you live in the country it is easier to study language, you can use it every minute, in everyday life.
To find good job is not so easy, and it does not matter where do you live, so i would recommend you to start as soon as you can. May be to search first Turkish firms in St.Pete?As far as i know, there are several big constraction cimpanies here.Good luck!

magedaman
03-02-2008, 00:33
Privet, my friend, you took a good decision to come to that wonderful city, searching for work sure is difficult, but if you're planning your life right, you'll find for you the best position

I would like to know about your qualifications, PM me please when you'll come, construction russian companies are huge here, & turkish requirement is also available

N.B. I'm also holding turkish blood
N.B. 2 , ours are also GUZEL

gyurieff
08-04-2008, 10:03
Introduction

When living in Moscow in the 90's, reading The Moscow Times was a wonderful thing, because when living in Moscow in the early 80's, the only real source of current events & news available to business people was at USCO.

Now it's a different world and sources of information are abundant, maybe even too many. And there are certainly many more expats living here now, than there were back then (in 1981 my license plate number was M004-022).

Currently living and working in St.Petersburg, it's high time to explore the Expats Forum: for business opportunities, for giving and getting a tip on life
and for maybe even a little naustalgia.