PDA

View Full Version : Medvedev - Putin's Preferred choice for next President

Len Ganley Stance
10-12-2007, 15:00
BBC NEWS | Europe | Putin sees Medvedev as successor (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7136347.stm)

Korotky Gennady
10-12-2007, 23:55
The most fanny for me that the Symbol of United Russia Party is the Bear ( "Medved" in russian).

And their candidate for presidency has surname "Medvedev"... " Bear's" as it is litterary in russian. :jester:

Medvedev = Bear's :shhhhhh:

Albertina
11-12-2007, 00:57
Very young bear he is... So I guess we know who the next president will be. no suspense unfortunately.........
i'#ll be expecting the US election with more interest and curiosity...

dick
11-12-2007, 03:39
Very young bear he is... So I guess we know who the next president will be. no suspense unfortunately.........
i'#ll be expecting the US election with more interest and curiosity...

Sorry that one too has been decided already, and you get Dick!

Packman
11-12-2007, 12:00

Dear swami please do tell which Dick it is will be the next pres. of the US?

Korotky Gennady
11-12-2007, 17:36
Dear swami please do tell which Dick it is will be the next pres. of the US?

My dick ? :iloveyou:

Albertina
11-12-2007, 21:45
These last statements appear to be rather shovinistic - are you having a collective testosteron rush at the moment. Or do I need to politely remind you that there is a high probability that it won't be a man in the US.

Geez........

quincy
12-12-2007, 00:16

'it has been decided already' is not far from the truth! The two political parties are ultimately answerable not to ordinary US voters but to the powerful corporations, bankers and the national security and intelligence establishment. The democrats might be more flexible on domestic issues like illegal immigration (to help US businesses that need cheap labour). US foreign policy, which is the face of the US that the world outside sees ,will stay the same (or become even more extreme, depending on how the elite wants to steer policy) under the Democrats.

Korotky Gennady
13-12-2007, 01:28
Если Медведи выдвинули Медведева, то какое Яблоко выдвинут Яблоки ? :applause:

If our Bears chose Bear's, then what will do our Apples choose ? maybe natalia_Apple ? Then there will be logic in all it... :brush:

Packman
13-12-2007, 19:36
'it has been decided already' is not far from the truth! The two political parties are ultimately answerable not to ordinary US voters but to the powerful corporations, bankers and the national security and intelligence establishment. The democrats might be more flexible on domestic issues like illegal immigration (to help US businesses that need cheap labour). US foreign policy, which is the face of the US that the world outside sees ,will stay the same (or become even more extreme, depending on how the elite wants to steer policy) under the Democrats.

Well, that's not entirely true there are several candidates on either side could possibly shake things up this time. Huckabee sounds very anti-Saudi (which I personally applaud) and Obama on the other side would bring a fresh perspective and potential for change.

So in democracy, yes the corps, bankers, etc. usually win, but there still lies the potential for change. After all Allende and Chavez won democratic elections.:jester:

ezik
13-12-2007, 20:33
Don't know really the political views of Medvedev and his position in Gazprom is definitely a confirmation that the status quo will rule for a while. But that's no surprise, we all saw that coming.

Now, we can all be cynical about Russian politics and its predictability during the last elections, but let's break it down another way.

Suppose that Medvedev is indeed the next President, what do we get:
- a Putin adept, so likely to be supported by many people
- an intellectual rather than a secret agent
- someone who might be played by others, but which president isn't?
All that, but most importantly a relatively YOUNG person, who has experienced the changes in the 1990s and at that time was young enough to have ambitions.
I'd rather see him taking the chair than someone who is still stuck in Soviet times. By supporting his candidacy, Putin pushes the young generation in front of military hawks and other old-fashioned minds who try to keep this country from developing.

13-12-2007, 21:37
Strange but I don't believe he will be President. Or maybe for a very short time.