PDA

View Full Version : Areas to live for a family with a toddler?

Moscow.Expat
17-07-2013, 08:52
We are moving to Moscow in September and are hoping to get advice on this forum for best areas to live for a family. I speak Russian and will be working by metro Sokol. My wife doesn't speak any Russian, and we have a toddler - our priority is to have a safe and convenient neighborhood where they can have easy, walking-distance access to park(s)/ playground(s), grocery shopping, etc. (proximity to other expats would be a nice bonus!) Would anyone have any recommendations for us? Thank you!

Hayley
17-07-2013, 19:42
I would say South West - prospekt Vernadskogo, Yugo Zapadnaya those are really nice for families with children

Benedikt
17-07-2013, 19:50
We are moving to Moscow in September and are hoping to get advice on this forum for best areas to live for a family. I speak Russian and will be working by metro Sokol. My wife doesn't speak any Russian, and we have a toddler - our priority is to have a safe and convenient neighborhood where they can have easy, walking-distance access to park(s)/ playground(s), grocery shopping, etc. (proximity to other expats would be a nice bonus!) Would anyone have any recommendations for us? Thank you!

lots of water for the kid(s), lots of green to walk, kid and dog, if you have one...
shops, restaurants, movie houses and the Metro is right there. and as far as i could see from the last time i was home, hopefully it was no mistake, are they laying tram tracks again to Metro Sokol? if yes, there will be a tramline running right from Strogino to Metro Sokol.
for us, the best place in town. would not want to live somewhere else.

kath10010
17-07-2013, 22:19
We are near Pokrovskoye-Streshnevo Park on the Volokolamskoe side. North West Moscow. There are play parks for children everywhere. The park is huge with some lovely wildlife and a few ponds. Loads of mini markets, a 24 hour supermarket and buses to central Moscow every few minutes going past Sokol. 20 minute walk to metro.

We have only just got here and have a 1 and a 3 year old. Location has been good so far. Good luck!