PDA

View Full Version : Hello all, I will be visiting Russia next June.

texastravelingman
07-07-2013, 07:26
Hello all, I will be visiting Russia next June and I am hoping to find gel here. This will be my first trip to Eastern Europe and I am sure I will need a lot of advice.

First of all are there any other forums I might find helpful beside this one. I am a big believer in research before I travel. My previous travels have been to SE Asia and Western Europe so I am not new to foreign travel just never been to Russia before.

Thank you for any help and advice you can offer.

John

Benedikt
07-07-2013, 08:25

take your time checking and reading through the topics. use the -search- button extensively as many if not most of your questions were asked by other newbies and answerer thoroughly.

Come withan open mind to Russia, the cold war is over, spying or snooping in our mails and phone calls is for others and does not bother us very much.

AND WE LEAVE POLITICS TO THE ONCE THAT WE VOTE FOR OR WHO JUST HAPPEN TO BE IN OFFICE, BY WHATEVER MEANS, DOES HAPPEN HERE AND THERE AS WELL.
Russia is a beautiful country, with good and and things like everywhere in the world. i am here over 2o years and have no intention to go back where i came form.
Ice bears do NOT roam the streets of Moscow and one can walk the streets in the night without problems.
Shops are stocked full with food and drink,public transport is well developed. You will have a great time here!

robertmf
07-07-2013, 16:28

John

Don't expect to find good chili or ribs :Loco:

Welcome to expat.ru :wavey: Do you speak any Russian :question:

penka
07-07-2013, 16:49
Hey John and welcome to Moscow and to expat.ru! Generally folks are very friendly and helpful here. Got a question - hesitate not to ask for advice, there will always be some rationale in response.

Summers are usually hot and sticky here, but you're a tough Texan, you'll live:-))