PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom Store

Sesame
20-06-2013, 11:10
Hi
I am trying to find out how much it would cost to buy a simple, modern shower unit here in Moscow. Can anyone recommend some large stores that I can visit on the Metro to get a better idea of the pricing and quality available?

In particular I am looking for a plain white ceramic shower base, glass shower doors and basic fittings.

Is there an equivalent to B and Q/Homebase here? Ikea would be fine but I don't think they sell showers.

Thank you

Alan65
20-06-2013, 11:14
Hi
I am trying to find out how much it would cost to buy a simple, modern shower unit here in Moscow. Can anyone recommend some large stores that I can visit on the Metro to get a better idea of the pricing and quality available?

In particular I am looking for a plain white ceramic shower base, glass shower doors and basic fittings.

Is there an equivalent to B and Q/Homebase here? Ikea would be fine but I don't think they sell showers.

Thank you

Yes....there is an Obi at Tepli Stan (sp) on the Orange Line and several more.

At Tepli Stan, there is also an Ikea, Marks and Spencer etc etc....you may as well be in Lakeside.

http://www.obi.ru/ru/stores/Moscow/

FatAndy
20-06-2013, 11:36
Hi
I am trying to find out how much it would cost to buy a simple, modern shower unit
It is called душевая кабина (dushevAya kabIna) in Russian. Alan is right, you may find them in OBI DIY malls http://www.obi.ru/ru/stores/Moscow/index.html
Most of them are just behind Moscow's circle road (MKAD) - Himki, Borovskoe, Belaya Dacha, Teply Stan, but two are inside Moscow
1) Filion mall is near m. Fili, blue line, westbound.
2) Varshavskoe shosse, 97 - this one is closest to me, m. Varshavskaya (green line) or Chertanovskaya, Yuzhnaya (grey one), southbound.

Also you may find them in Leroy Merlin DIY malls
http://leroymerlin.ru/shop/moscow/
They have inside-Moscow shops in Lefortovo (m. Aviamotornaya, yellow line, east), Troyka mall near m. Krasnosel'skaya (red line, N-E) and near m. Ryazansky prospect (purple line, east).

You also may try Internet-shops:
http://yandex.ru/yandsearch?text=%D0%B4%D1%83%D1%88%D0%B5%D0%B2%D1%8B%D0%B5+%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%8B&lr=213

Or building materials markets - in our village they are on Nahimovsky prospekt (between m. Akademicheskaya, orange, SSW and m. Nahimovsky prospect, grey, south) and on Bolotnikovskaya street (m. Kahovskaya or Varshavskaya, green, south). Also there is such a market near m. Nagatinskaya (grey, south). But most of them are located either on MKAD or near it, where main exit roads cross MKAD.

Benedikt
20-06-2013, 11:52
-your home -Двои Дом-, several locations around Moscow, they are also on the net, russian only. biggest shop as far as I know,km64 on the MKHAD, that is the one out here in Strogino. 2 min away from the Krokus Expo Center.

Sesame
20-06-2013, 13:12
Wow, thanks everyone. These should keep me busy!

Benedikt
20-06-2013, 14:22

if yo uare around my part of Moscow (Strogino that is), there again 2 minutes, further up or down, dependiing from which side you come,(62 km on the MKAD) a huge construction Market -SYNDIKA O- across the road from Auchan and LeroiMerlin. They even ahve what does not exist anymore (like old cccp double doors for the old style bathroom/toilet which was very close together and they did one frame for both doors with a partition in the middle).

|Don't know if it was mentioned, slipped my mind KASHIRKA AND KASHIRKA 2, also on the net, 2 huge construction out door markets.

all mentioned have Gazelles and drivers on stand by so getting your shower home will be no problem.

Arseny
12-07-2013, 01:32

I personally would have ordered online. Check out Yandex.Market. And if you need to touch and feel before you buy then it's one of the many addresses already given above...look up in store and order via the Internet.
Good luck : )