PDA

View Full Version : Any American or at least English speaking expats in Ekaterinburg?

bhutanpro
15-06-2013, 08:31
I'm just getting started with my second summer working in Russia, this time in Ekaterinburg. I spent last summer in Moscow and used this forum a little, but I never got the opportunity to meet or hang out with any forum members in Moscow. I got too busy!

This summer I'd like to change that... especially since I think the number of expats may be a bit smaller out here.

So, who's in town? What do you do here?

I am an American golf professional from California. I am teaching golf this summer at Pine Creek Golf Club, about 30km south of Ekaterinburg. If you are a golfer, or if you've never been a golfer and would like to see what all the fuss is about, then get in touch with me! I invite anyone reading this for a free lesson and a tour of our golf course.

Don't be shy! If nothing else, you will enjoy a nice cart ride around a beautiful golf course just a short drive from the city.

Cheers! I sure hope this thread doesn't sit with zero replies and I learn I'm the only guy on this forum in Ekaterinburg! :doh:

Carl
15-06-2013, 12:05
Not sure if you're a fan.. But there will be a Carl's Jr opening in Ekaterinburg later this summer. At least it could offer some "back home feel".

bhutanpro
16-06-2013, 06:44
Not sure if you're a fan.. But there will be a Carl's Jr opening in Ekaterinburg later this summer. At least it could offer some "back home feel".

Ha! This is actually very helpful information. The owner of that chain, Carl Karcher, Jr (or maybe the third? can't keep it straight) is a member at the golf club where I teach in California. I know him pretty well. In fact, we chatted about his chain in Russia a couple of years ago when one opened in St. Petersburg. He told me he really loved attending the opening and was so excited about expanding into Russia.

Knowing this is happening in Ekat, there's a good chance he will come out for it. I'll touch base with him and invite him for some golf here- I think he's under the impression I'm still in Moscow.

Thanks for the head's up! And yes, I will partake in some juicy burgers and thick creamy shakes when they open out here!

:fireworks:

robertmf
16-06-2013, 07:11
Ha! This is actually very helpful information.

Thanks for the head's up! And yes, I will partake in some juicy burgers and thick creamy shakes when they open out here!

Welcome to expat.ru :wavey:

Pine Creek dev. (http://www.golfincmagazine.com/news/developer-news/russia-protsion-launches-aggressive-development-plan)

Гольф-клуб Pine Creek Екатеринбург - YouTube

NilsH
22-07-2013, 12:54
Hey bhutanpro!

I'm a golf playing student from Dresden, Germany (speaking english!) and spending the summer at a summerschool (UrFU) in Ekaterinburg for about four weeks.

Considering to start studying russian in ekaterinburg from the beginning of february 2014 as well, i also checked out some possibilities to play golf in Ekaterinburg.

To get an opportunity to check out the new Pine Creeks Golf Club with the leading pro i'd be very thankful for!! :-)

I'll send u a PM!