PDA

View Full Version : Your dream ^-*

Miracle77777
04-12-2007, 17:58
Hello!!
I am sure that all of you here are great persons and professionals in what are you doing... :goldy:
but I am sure also, that when you were in childhood maybe you had your own dream which didn't come to real... For example I always wanted to be a journalist - I dreamed about interesting articles or reviews, about meetings with great persons....
Anyway, I found myself in other area...
What about you?
Thanks..\0/

tzaritsa
04-12-2007, 23:18
Hello!!
I am sure that all of you here are great persons and professionals in what are you doing... :goldy:
but I am sure also, that when you were in childhood maybe you had your own dream which didn't come to real... For example I always wanted to be a journalist - I dreamed about interesting articles or reviews, about meetings with great persons....
What about you?
Thanks..\0/

Hi Miracle77777!
Thanks for this question. I have a dream from childhood witch didn`t came to real yet. I was 5-6 years old and saw one movie about the Krakow cathedral. The history of it`s building up and a small boy from the middle ages, who lost his golden shoe and people of our days, found his shoe. So, I dreamed to visit Krakow and the cathedral. That time I didn`t have such opportunity and now I think,that I don`t have time. But I`ll do it any case.:sunny:

AndreyS
04-12-2007, 23:40
Hi Miracle77777!
Thanks for this question. I have a dream from childhood witch didn`t came to real yet. I was 5-6 years old and saw one movie about the Krakow cathedral. The history of it`s building up and a small boy from the middle ages, who lost his golden shoe and people of our days, found his shoe. So, I dreamed to visit Krakow and the cathedral. That time I didn`t have such opportunity and now I think,that I don`t have time. But I`ll do it any case.:sunny:

Yes, it's a feeling like mine - either you have an opportunity (=money, job), or you have time. If you work hard and earn real money, you are pressed for time and can hardly afford a good furlough. If you are unemployed and have all time of the world, you are short of money. Maybe, hitch-hiking is a decision.

Korotky Gennady
05-12-2007, 03:26
Yes, it's a feeling like mine - either you have an opportunity (=money, job), or you have time. If you work hard and earn real money, you are pressed for time and can hardly afford a good furlough. If you are unemployed and have all time of the world, you are short of money.

Then I happy. I do what i want but i have very little money and a lot of free time. ;)

Korotky Gennady
05-12-2007, 03:28
I dreamed about interesting articles or reviews, about meetings with great persons....

\0/

So in what area have you fount yourself ?

Miracle77777
05-12-2007, 13:35
Hi Miracle77777!

Hi Tzaritsa!!
I am sure that u will find few days to visit this nice city! And even if you will not find something like a golden boot, in any case you will get enjoy by your trip!!
Regards..

Miracle77777
05-12-2007, 13:46
Yes, it's a feeling like mine - either you have an opportunity (=money, job), or you have time. If you work hard and earn real money, you are pressed for time and can hardly afford a good furlough. If you are unemployed and have all time of the world, you are short of money. Maybe, hitch-hiking is a decision.

What if you have such a profession that could give you satisfaction in your life and in your hobby?
Because someone dreamed about travelling and good things, someone about love, someone about childrens and family...about power, eternity e t.c.....Different people - different values...
It is exactly what I mean - and this is maybe the main Global Question in person's life - to find your own way here for give something to others, leave a trait(good trait) after you and to get pleasure of life...
How do you think could it be possible in our life?? :goldy:

Miracle77777
05-12-2007, 13:58
So in what area have you fount yourself ?

Actually it is quite different from my dream...or maybe not very much... I am musician. :wavey:
And even that I need a lot of hours to work, I still have opportunity to manage myself about time, travel somewhere and make interesting meetings with ineresting persons!!
So, sometimes your dreams turn to real even in other appearance^-*
And I am always glad when it happens with others - that's why I've started this thread.
Still wait for your responds^-*!!

SalTheReturn
05-12-2007, 16:14
Then I happy. I do what i want but i have very little money and a lot of free time. ;)

trust me dude, free time it is all you need

nowadays none of us will ever find himself/herself under a bridge...so why stressing yourself so much for some cash?

life can be very comfortable, all you need it is to select your ambitions and set up for the easiest one

take care

Korotky Gennady
06-12-2007, 03:09
life can be very comfortable, all you need it is to select your ambitions and set up for the easiest one

take care

yeah... Sal, what you said is very wise. It's right thought. :applause:

Korotky Gennady
06-12-2007, 03:11

It's difficult to explain... I always think about my family becoz i loved my ex-... very much and i never thought about the professinal carier... but now when i have devorced i chandge my mind. But i don't remember what was my child dream. really i don't remember that. But anyway thank you for your thread.

Korotky Gennady
06-12-2007, 03:17
Oh... i have recalled it. When i was 18 and more i dreamed to be a new russian poet :groan:

. But now i don't want to be a poet already and i want to be a writer. But general cultural crisis in Russia just kills me...

Korotky Gennady
06-12-2007, 03:19
I am musician. :wavey:

violin ?

SalTheReturn
06-12-2007, 12:25
Oh... i have recalled it. When i was 18 and more i dreamed to be a new russian poet :groan:

. But now i don't want to be a poet already and i want to be a writer. But general cultural crisis in Russia just kills me...

cant you write stuff like Duchless, Casual and ****Tbi Roman?:p

Miracle77777
06-12-2007, 17:35
It's difficult to explain... I always think about my family becoz i loved my ex-... very much and i never thought about the professinal carier... but now when i have devorced i chandge my mind. But i don't remember what was my child dream. really i don't remember that. But anyway thank you for your thread.

Yeah...sorry about your ex...
But, I think if she will know that u've changed your mind and became a prof. in your area (by the way, what is your major??)
she will regret about ending your relationships!!!;)
Look forward, friend, do your best and you will be ahead^-*
Regards..

Miracle77777
06-12-2007, 17:41

Judging by all your posts, can say - you will be an interesting writer ^-*
Will be one of your first readers if u don't mind;)

About cultural crisis in Russia - it has already killed my interest, especially to russian modern literature!! Can't recall even one name which seems for me interesting for reading!!
Look at the writer's corner and post your favourite foreign book, please!!
Will be greateful a lot.

Miracle77777
06-12-2007, 17:44
violin ?

Any other ideas???:goldy:

VladSkywolf
07-12-2007, 07:29
Actually it is quite different from my dream...or maybe not very much... I am musician. :wavey:
And even that I need a lot of hours to work, I still have opportunity to manage myself about time, travel somewhere and make interesting meetings with ineresting persons!!
So, sometimes your dreams turn to real even in other appearance^-*
And I am always glad when it happens with others - that's why I've started this thread.

I remember when I was a child I had many dreams of myself soaring free of earthly confines. I was always disappointed when I woke up and found that I couldn't. :)

What really appealed to me was to become an explorer among the stars, or at the very least to become a pilot. The first never happened, but the second eventually did (though non-commercial). Interestingly enough, my favorite time to fly is at night - there's something pure about that, and the lights of civilization below juxtaposed with the stars above are quite beautiful. Maybe it's also because it's the closest feeling I'll ever get to flying through the stars. :)

VladSkywolf
07-12-2007, 07:31
Any other ideas???:goldy:

Pianist or cellist? :)

Miracle77777
07-12-2007, 21:15
I remember when I was a child I had many dreams of myself soaring free of earthly confines. I was always disappointed when I woke up and found that I couldn't. :)

What really appealed to me was to become an explorer among the stars, or at the very least to become a pilot. The first never happened, but the second eventually did (though non-commercial). Interestingly enough, my favorite time to fly is at night - there's something pure about that, and the lights of civilization below juxtaposed with the stars above are quite beautiful. Maybe it's also because it's the closest feeling I'll ever get to flying through the stars. :)

I think that's the dream of everyone - to become free and do something really exciting^-*
It is really hard to reach this :(
I didn't quite understand how d'you embody your dream to life, but you described it very beautiful :applause:
Thanks.

Miracle77777
07-12-2007, 21:18
Pianist or cellist? :)

Yeah...I am a pianist :goldy:

Korotky Gennady
08-12-2007, 01:13
Judging by all your posts, can say - you will be an interesting writer ^-*

Will be one of your first readers if u don't mind;)

About cultural crisis in Russia - it has already killed my interest, especially to russian modern literature!! Can't recall even one name which seems for me interesting for reading!!

Dear Miracle. I am writing now my first novel. It is very hard becoz i never do such work before... but maybe it's funny but i don't like the russian literature. I am not able absolutly to write a comercial stuff.

And my favorite writer is the old british writer J. K. Jarom. But i like Valter Scott too and i don't feel any shame that i like him.

I don't like the modern russian writers. And i don't know anyone who deserved the mentioning for you. Maybe only "The shapka" of Vladimer Voinovich and some stuff of Sergey Dovlatov.

Korotky Gennady
08-12-2007, 01:15

oh... we have to meet then... my ex-wife was a pianist too.

Do you know the etudes of Shopen ?

Korotky Gennady
08-12-2007, 01:19

As i can judge from your pica, i think that you are a bass-guitarist...

Miracle77777
08-12-2007, 13:48
Dear Miracle. I am writing now my first novel. It is very hard becoz i never do such work before... but maybe it's funny but i don't like the russian literature. I am not able absolutly to write a comercial stuff.

And my favorite writer is the old british writer J. K. Jarom. But i like Valter Scott too and i don't feel any shame that i like him.

I don't like the modern russian writers. And i don't know anyone who deserved the mentioning for you. Maybe only "The shapka" of Vladimer Voinovich and some stuff of Sergey Dovlatov.

Commercial stuff.....that's the very right word for our modern literature!!
Especially when I do think about crap of Robsky, Akunin or Donzove, who seems to be the nost best-seller's writers nowadyas :vomit:
Sorry, if I hurt someone's feelings;)

Can't see why you should be shame of loveng pices of Valter Scott!! I think he is a great writer.. I do like Verber and some of Murakami, if speaking of modern literature.

Waiting for you finish your novel - maybe you will be my first favor russian writer??;);)

Miracle77777
08-12-2007, 13:51
oh... we have to meet then... my ex-wife was a pianist too.

Do you know the etudes of Shopen ?

Oh, really???
How is it - to live with person, who play all the day??;)
To believe to my neighbours's words - it is awful:D
Yes, of course I do know Etudes of Chopin..like his Preludes and Nocturnes e t.c... And even play them;)
Regards^-*

VladSkywolf
12-12-2007, 05:37
I didn't quite understand how d'you embody your dream to life...

Well, for one thing my life did not follow the path of my dream, not exactly anyway (which is what I thought the original intent of this thread was about - sorry if I misunderstood). But giving it some thought, I can see where in another way it has.

There was a time in my life when I felt 'shackled' by the expectations of others, whether it was family, friends, society, etc. I no longer do... I have 'soared free' of this and now follow my innermost desires wherever it will lead - well, at least within the limits of my own sense of morality (and the law) anyway. :)

Looking at it from another perspective, I worked in the computer industry for many years, now I teach. I felt confined before, and despite an excellent salary I was not satisfied, because at the end of the day I would have to question myself in terms of "what have I accomplished?". The answer for me was, in the larger scheme of things, 'nothing' - I was just going through the motions day-in and day-out. Now when I teach, to see understanding reflected on my students' faces, to know their skills are rising and will help them in their lives - that is a very satisfying to me, knowing that in my own way I am helping others to accomplish their goals. I never suspected this was something I would enjoy doing, so I was pleasantly surprised I took to it so readily. To continue with my previous metaphor, I see their minds soaring free, and in so doing my heart soars free as well. :)

VladSkywolf
12-12-2007, 05:55

I should have stopped at 'pianist' since that was my first instinct, but I hedged myself by adding 'cellist'. :)

It is a wonderful talent to have, so I hope it brings you much enjoyment. Myself, I am what I call a 'perpetual student'. :shame: For years I have tried to learn, but inevitably my mind wanders and I involve myself in other activities. I'll practice daily for several weeks and then stop for months (or a year or two) before doing it again. Sigh... Anyway, I know I don't have 'natural' talent, but that's okay since I never intended to do anything more than just play for my own pleasure. It has also helped me tremendously during the most difficult moments of my life, I have found it to be a very healing salve.

Unfortunately I have too many interests - and not enough time for them all. But that's okay, since I am always enjoying what I'm doing 'in the moment'. :sunny:

VladSkywolf
12-12-2007, 05:59
I am writing now my first novel. It is very hard becoz i never do such work before...

I admire that you've pushed yourself over that very important line and actually started writing one. This is something I've thought often of doing, but I don't have a vivid enough imagination to make my characters 'come to life', so I instead enjoy the efforts of others. :)

Miracle77777
12-12-2007, 10:12
Looking at it from another perspective, I worked in the computer industry for many years, now I teach. I felt confined before, and despite an excellent salary I was not satisfied, because at the end of the day I would have to question myself in terms of "what have I accomplished?". The answer for me was, in the larger scheme of things, 'nothing' - I was just going through the motions day-in and day-out. Now when I teach, to see understanding reflected on my students' faces, to know their skills are rising and will help them in their lives - that is a very satisfying to me, knowing that in my own way I am helping others to accomplish their goals. I never suspected this was something I would enjoy doing, so I was pleasantly surprised I took to it so readily. To continue with my previous metaphor, I see their minds soaring free, and in so doing my heart soars free as well. :)

Again - was very pleased to read your intelligent opinion:applause:
Now I do understand what did you mean by soaring your heart....
I think that is very important for person - what I can bring in this life?
It is engine of our general evolution, without these peoples, we would still living in caves and trying invent a wheel....Sorry for Exaggeration ;)
So, I am very glad, that you have find your way to be free and to make smth, which makes you happy and bring a great usefull to others!!!
Have no doubts that all of your students thinks the same ..:D
What are your specialty, by the way??
Regards...

Miracle77777
12-12-2007, 10:20
I should have stopped at 'pianist' since that was my first instinct, but I hedged myself by adding 'cellist'. :)

It is a wonderful talent to have, so I hope it brings you much enjoyment. Myself, I am what I call a 'perpetual student'. :shame: For years I have tried to learn, but inevitably my mind wanders and I involve myself in other activities. I'll practice daily for several weeks and then stop for months (or a year or two) before doing it again. Sigh... Anyway, I know I don't have 'natural' talent, but that's okay since I never intended to do anything more than just play for my own pleasure. It has also helped me tremendously during the most difficult moments of my life, I have found it to be a very healing salve.

Unfortunately I have too many interests - and not enough time for them all. But that's okay, since I am always enjoying what I'm doing 'in the moment'. :sunny:

So, you can play piano too??! :applause: :applause:
My respect^-*
Every time, when I meet someone, who understand my devoting to my profession, I am really grateful^_^
And that's Ok, that you have not too much time for practice it properly, you can't do everything in your life... But I think, the main idea - that you get pleasure in music , never mind, you are playing or others....
If you'll be in Moscow, I'll be glad to hear your play and play for you^-*
My favourite composers are Chopin, Rachmaninov, Liszt....Do you like them???
Best wishes..

Ghostly Presence
12-12-2007, 11:01

Let me see if I get this straight - your ex-wife left you because you were a lazy bum who preferred having lots of free time to being professionally employed and supporting your family?? And now you want to make a breath-taking career “just to show her how much she has lost” by ditching you?! ))))))

Miracle77777
13-12-2007, 16:15
Let me see if I get this straight - your ex-wife left you because you were a lazy bum who preferred having lots of free time to being professionally employed and supporting your family?? And now you want to make a breath-taking career “just to show her how much she has lost” by ditching you?! ))))))

I think your resume a little bit in a straight line... Not all so simple in our life :groan: unfortunately ..

VladSkywolf
14-12-2007, 06:31
So, you can play piano too??! :applause: :applause:

Yes, but in my own estimation I would say barely... remember, I'm a perpetual student! :groan:

If you'll be in Moscow, I'll be glad to hear your play and play for you^-*

Should (when) I get to Moscow, I would love to take you up on that offer. I'm not so sure if I should subject your ears to any potential damage listening to me play though. :D

Truth be told with regards to music, for me there is no greater pleasure than to listen to someone playing 'live'. Our concert offerings in Vladivostok are, I'm sure, more limited than in Moscow, but I go whenever I can - even to the local music academy if I must. :)

My favourite composers are Chopin, Rachmaninov, Liszt....Do you like them???

My musical taste is very eclectic, encompassing classical, rock/pop, jazz, folk, world (ethnic), new age, dance/techno/industrial, latin, etc. The short answer is yes, I do and have some of their recordings in my music library, though I couldn't even begin to play them myself - well, not in their original form anyway - I would have to look for 'simplified' arrangements. :shhhhhh: :shame:

VladSkywolf
14-12-2007, 07:28
I think that is very important for person - what I can bring in this life?
It is engine of our general evolution, without these peoples, we would still living in caves and trying invent a wheel....Sorry for Exaggeration ;)

No apology necessary. :) Some might not think it's such an exaggeration if you look at it from another angle. Besides technological advances we must also think about sociological advances, something which some might say is still at the stone age level. My own opinion is not so harsh. :) However, IMHO both are not at parity.

It's ironic though, when someone brings forth something of great benefit to everyone without ever having had a lofty goal enter their mind, instead being driven by baser desires. But hey, if money (or whatever) inspires someone (for example) to find a cure for cancer, I won't complain. ;)

So, I am very glad, that you have find your way to be free and to make smth, which makes you happy and bring a great usefull to others!!!
Have no doubts that all of your students thinks the same ..:D
What are your specialty, by the way??

Thanks, I hope they do. :) My specialty covers two areas, the first of which is corporate training, covering mundane things such as developing and deploying training courses, as well as how to conduct trainings (delivery). The latter is more interactive so it can be quite a bit of fun. :) The second area is, what else, English. :) I'll admit I have a lot more fun with the English groups and wouldn't mind doing just that, but overall I enjoy them all.