PDA

View Full Version : Moscow River cruise in Style, the Radisson Ships

Benedikt
10-06-2013, 13:49
an excellent alternative if you do not want to be blasted for 3 hours with Boney M,ABBA and -Stars on 45-...and drink warm beer out of the bottle/can or plastic cups.
fair enough it is more expensive, but we had a great time there on Saturday.
8(495)228 5555 for tel. information or on the Hotel's Website.
Ticket is 900 rubles per person. Departure was at 1pm in the afternoon and the trip takes 2.5h. It was actually near to 2h 45 minutes. But boarding starts already 40 minutes earlier, so you have plenty time to order food and enjoy a leisurely lunch or dinner.
while it does not bother me, there are servers on board who speak english,ticket sales ( we boarded in Gorky Park) at the ticket office, is in english as well, if you might need it.
nice MP3 player who explains both in Russian and English language where you are and a few extra stories.
Cuisine excellent, same as in the hotel, cold plates cold, cold food cold and fresh, for sure no corner cutting there. ( it was a nice day so we ordered cold food only). no blaring back ground music and for sure muted enough so we could talk without shouting.
we will definitely do it again. and a thrill it might be, because they are also cruising in winter, have a nice evening dinner thee...
Well done Radisson! ( no plug for them, I do not work there)

sis
10-06-2013, 19:50
I agree this radison cruise is the best value for the riverboats. Nice new boat... I have never actually been on it, but I saw the radisson boat when i was doing the river tour on those rusty floating soviet tin cans. Cant remember what i paid for that, but it was quite steep - 900rub for a new boat is much better value...

How is it done, is the food included in the price?

penka
10-06-2013, 20:22
I agree this radison cruise is the best value for the riverboats. Nice new boat... I have never actually been on it, but I saw the radisson boat when i was doing the river tour on those rusty floating soviet tin cans. Cant remember what i paid for that, but it was quite steep - 900rub for a new boat is much better value...

How is it done, is the food included in the price?

No, food and drinks are not included, it is said on their website.

Benedikt
10-06-2013, 21:43
How is it done, is the food included in the price?[/QUOTE]

no it is not....
you might want to sit up on the sun deck and just have a beer or coffee. or you may order from the complete menu what you fancy.

okiey
10-06-2013, 22:23
Did it two years ago, its well worth the money. Highly recommended on a nice summer evening.