PDA

View Full Version : Need helpful advice please

Lola7
02-12-2007, 22:53
I have a friend from Canada who has become seriously ill. He's been treated and diagnosed by local doctors in Moscow. The insurance company (In Canada) insists on a dagnosis by a Canadian Doctor (Understandable) in order for the insurance to be effective. Barring bringing a Canadian Doctor over at the patients expense, does anyone know if there are Canadian Doctors here or foreign clinics? I know there's an American clinic, and a Swiss clinic and a German clinic, but I suspect there are not even American Doctors there. Any information anyone has would truly help. Thanks in advance.

Clixclix
22-12-2007, 13:48
Try looking on the websites of the foreign clinics here - often they have their doctors' bios there. Or just give a few of them a phone call and ask if they have any Canadian doctors.

I found a list of medical facilities in Moscow -

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/consular/files/List-Doctors.pdf

Another option is to call the Canadian embassy - they might know of Canadian doctors here since they provide a registration service for Canadians here (in case of emergency). And my guess is that the embassy staff probably use non-Russian doctors.

Hope your friend is doing ok. I would have replied earlier but just saw your post now.

DCVik
22-12-2007, 19:34
Def. call the Canadian embassy, plus other doctors at the American or European clinics should be able to refer you. Best of luck to you and your friend.

Dr. Boris K
24-01-2008, 12:38
Hello, Lola7!
My name is Dr.Boris Kiryushov.
I'm Licensed Acupuncturist from New York.
Work in EMC clinic in Moscow.
Can help your relative with his problem and insurance paperwork as well.
Call me or E-mail me:749 2706, dr_kiryushov@yahoo.com
Good luck!

Dr. Boris A. Kiryushov
Lic. Ac., Dipl. Ac., MD

sirius
26-01-2008, 17:29
Hello, Lola7!
My name is Dr.Boris Kiryushov.
I'm Licensed Acupuncturist from New York.
Work in EMC clinic in Moscow.
Can help your relative with his problem and insurance paperwork as well.
Call me or E-mail me:, dr_kiryushov@yahoo.com
Good luck!

Dr. Boris A. Kiryushov
Lic. Ac., Dipl. Ac., MD

I'd go along with Dr Boris' advice.
You should try this url : European Medical Center (http://www.emcmos.ru/en/)

When it was needed (small and serious illnesses, urgencies, insurances paperwork, medical certificate, dental problems, etc...) me and my family have been relying on them for the last four years now. Every has been OK, but at a certain cost, of course...

Good luck

gorby
15-02-2008, 23:54
I have a friend from Canada who has become seriously ill. He's been treated and diagnosed by local doctors in Moscow. The insurance company (In Canada) insists on a dagnosis by a Canadian Doctor (Understandable) in order for the insurance to be effective. Barring bringing a Canadian Doctor over at the patients expense, does anyone know if there are Canadian Doctors here or foreign clinics? I know there's an American clinic, and a Swiss clinic and a German clinic, but I suspect there are not even American Doctors there. Any information anyone has would truly help. Thanks in advance.

Hej ,

There is and Canadian Doctor at the SOS clinic.

hope this help you.

regards,
Lene