PDA

View Full Version : The New Teachers Directory: Welcome Teachers

Bels
01-12-2007, 22:53
The new area directory of Teachers: Welcome teachers.

This is the list of teachers of what I have now for Moscow and the Moscow region. I am giving it another week and am now entering this post and request into another thread. PLEASE!! No irrelevant babble on this thread, strictly discussions for the new directory. We need more teachers and I’m going to give it another week. Once entered in the directory there might be no more additions for one month. The design of the directory needs to be discussed further, as I see now some complications of what the design of this forum can allow. I’ve got some ideas, but for now please enter your details in the new thread. And NO GOING OFF TOPIC PLEASE.AS YOU WILL CONFUSE ME IN BUILDING THE DIRECTORY.

PLEASE ENTER YOUR DETAILS NOW: And please give any ideas you may have on the design of this Directory

Sokol area-

DonCossack:
Nationality: Australian, native speaker
Language: Teach English as a foreign or second language.
Area: Sokol area or Nth Green Line

One to one: Only from 10-12 in the mornings, except Fridays.
Levels: Beginner to Intermediate.

MOSCOW OBLAST AREAS: WESTERN REGION

BELS:
Nationality: British
Area: Western region, 25 km from metro station Molodezhnaya,along the Rublevo shosse, all students must come to me. I will cannot not travel to you.
Groups: Groups up to nine
One to one: Limited choice in hours but available. Children only
Levels: All levels, but popular levels for time being from Beginner to Upper Intermediate.
Age groups: Children and teenagers. No adults..

MOSCOW AREA

AstraTeaching:
Nationality: Native speaker
Language: Teach Russian and English as a foreign or second language.
Area: Central Moscow only (within the Ring Line)
Groups: Groups up to 5, but not available at the moment
One to one: No time slots available at the moment
Levels: All levels, including Business English and cross-cultural communication.
Age groups: Adults only, 18+.

TEACHING ENGLISH. AMERICAN NATIVE SPEAKER:
Iamjustinmiller:
Area: Center, southeast, and red metro line.
Groups: Groups up to six
One to one: available, weekends are best.
Levels: Intermediate to advanced. Can also teach Business English
Age groups: No age restriction.

iamerica:
Basic Info: 22 year old American female
Language: English as a foreign or second language.
Area: Tushino, near Planernaya Metro. Prefer students to come to me, but willing to travel short distances (no more than 15 minutes) to meet students at their home, or in a cafe in center city.
Groups: Only adult groups, no limit in size
One to one: Available Tuesday and Thursday mornings/afternoons, some weekends
Levels: All levels, also business/law/medical etc and certificate preparation
Age groups: 15+ only, will accept male or female students

Bels
02-12-2007, 16:47
One of the problems is that I can't paste your PM button beside you, and we're not allowed to give contact details such as e-mails or telephone numbers.

My only suggestion is that when I post the thread to something similar of what is on the above post, that you add your own advertising posts to my thread. So that they can pm you personally.

Hopefully this future thread in the lessons section will be a sticky. But that's out of my control.

Bels
02-12-2007, 17:02
Another idea: Hopefully Ezik can help as he offered. If there is an easy way for me to have permanent editing facility on this particular thread I can add new teachers who want to be included. But, yes I know I might be asking for the impossible.

I'm sure we are all in agreement that this futur thread should not have any irrelevent posts in it. Simply teachers directory details. And potential customers should pm the teacher of their choice.

Now if teachers receive customer enquiries of which they can't accomadate, may I suggest that they pass the customer onto the most relevant teacher. Let's help each other out.

And no pointless irrelevant chit chat on this future directory thread, hopefully any such posts will be immediately deleted. I am sure all teachers on the directory will be in agreement on this issue.

iamerica
02-12-2007, 17:17
Hi! Can I be added to the directory? Thanks :)

iamerica:
Basic Info: 22 year old American female
Language: English as a foreign or second language.
Area: Tushino, near Planernaya Metro. Prefer students to come to me, but willing to travel short distances (no more than 15 minutes) to meet students at their home, or in a cafe in center city.
Groups: Only adult groups, no limit in size
One to one: Available Tuesday and Thursday mornings/afternoons, some weekends
Levels: All levels, also business/law/medical etc and certificate preparation
Age groups: 15+ only, will accept male or female students

Bels
02-12-2007, 17:35
All posts here will be added, but hurry. The thread directory will be posted next Saturday and I don't know if I will be able to add anymore on a regular basis. I will try and update it once a month.

th&vk
04-12-2007, 14:39
I think I already sent a submission but please use this one in any case. Thanks, Bels, for doing this for us!

MOSCOW: Center or South-east
th&vk:
Nationality: USA American
Language: English as an International Language
Qualifications: CELTA, MS Ed. TESOL, 8+ years teaching
Area: Easy walking distance from a metro in the Center or at my home (metro Tekstilshiki, significant discount)
Time: As schedule allows. Weekend possible.
Groups: Up to 6 people.
One to one: Only for serious learners (willing to do homework, regular attendance).
Levels: Lower-intermediate and above.
Age groups: Adults (17+). Sorry, no children.

Bels
04-12-2007, 17:38
I certainly know you were one of the first to show interest, and there are others who has shown interest but has not posted the requested details.

Sorry I missed you , or you might already already be there as I haven't checked yet. But you will be listed in the directory no matter what.

Bels
04-12-2007, 18:34
We really need more teachers for children. There's a heavy demand in this area. Many offers lifts to their homes. So those who have classes in specific areas or those who are prepared to visit homes. They are generally wealthy enough to pay the full rate. Even my area needs this service.

Of course I will handle the ones who are prepared to come to me and join a group but I haven't got the time to travel around to different homes.

So where are you all.

Bels
05-12-2007, 22:46
One problem I ask from Ezik. Of course I could send him a PM but I want to act as we, and keep it public.

When adirectory is made it would be a good idea that the prospective student can click ie: an email adress or be able to contact that teacher in some manner. Now with current designs they cannot PM them from a list in a directory with in one post.

May I request that these teachers can give their telephone numbers or emails as an exception with the directory list if they so wish. Of course this is an exception.

Otherwise I will go ahead by Saturday with an other idea. It will be a trial directory, and I will be seeking improvements on the second one, possibly a month later to update.

AstraTeaching
06-12-2007, 03:06
724 16 36
astraconsulting@mail.ru

Bels
06-12-2007, 11:01
Unfortunately I cannot post teachers numbers and e-mails without specific permission from an administarator.

AstraTeaching
06-12-2007, 13:33
In case you'll get a permission, you have my details:)

Bels
15-02-2010, 21:46
I shall let it go. I personally hve no objections for teacher contacts. As long as you are not a spammer. Is Astara a school?

Bels
15-02-2010, 21:47
Astra! Any comments from other from other teachers? As I vaguely remember the name.