PDA

View Full Version : Apartment along Green (2) line direction

Devonpoint
13-05-2013, 15:40
Hello,

So there's a chance I could be moving to Moscow to work, I am single Brit in my 40s, the office is out near the Ikea Centre region on Leningradski Shosse and i need to think about getting an apartment for the commute.

First thoughts are/were something along the green line but I see that the last stop (Rechnoi Vokzal) is still not near the office which means a taxi ride onwards, but it would be handy for going elsewhere socially.

The apartment budget would be around $2.5k a month and like everyone else I would ideally like a 2 bedroomed place somewhere clean and secure with a nice kitchen (like to prepare my own food), handy for good shops and close to a metro stop.

Given the choices from say Sokol, Aeroport, Dinamo and Belorusskaya which regions would you say are best to fit this budget?

Ilya Fomin
13-05-2013, 16:12
Dear Devonpoint!

I believe, 2,5 K USD per month is quit enough to get a wide apt with so called euroremont, balcony, conditioner, Wi-Fi, guarded area and even a concierge. This is true for blocks next to IKEA what will be obviously some cheaper and for Dinamo too (such as this apt http://arenda.miel.ru/object/40622/).

I can find a decent apt for you when you need as I am a good real estate agent.

BR,
Ilya

Devonpoint
13-05-2013, 16:21
Ilya,

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't planning to live so close to the office.

I guess the second part of the question is really which is the nicest neighbourhood out of those four metro stops......after reading somewhere on here about "ghettos" etc.....traffic congestion, new constructions etc.

I am thinking how long it would typically take me to get to and from work bearing in mind it would involve going out of the city at about 7:30am and back in at 17:00 along Leningradski

Rhubard Geoff
13-05-2013, 17:08
Leningradskiy is infamous for its traffic jams. Leaving to the office at 0730 wont be a problem. 17.00 return might not be too bad but after 18.00 its an issue.

Is your office actually at the Khimki Business Park run by IKEA? They have a shuttle to and from Rechnoi Vokzal which is very convenient.

Your budget of 75k a month should easily get you what you are looking for on that line.

Devonpoint
13-05-2013, 17:47
Leningradskiy is infamous for its traffic jams. Leaving to the office at 0730 wont be a problem. 17.00 return might not be too bad but after 18.00 its an issue.

Is your office actually at the Khimki Business Park run by IKEA? They have a shuttle to and from Rechnoi Vokzal which is very convenient.

Your budget of 75k a month should easily get you what you are looking for on that line.

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the reply.

The office is on the opposite side of the road from IKEA....I haven't actually seen it, just word of mouth, so to speak.

What would be your choice of regions along those metro stops......I am thinking compromise of nice peaceful area, travel to work, shopping, travel in to centre on weekends.......I am guessing Dinamo will be crazy on Saturday with football fans, somewhere on here I thought I saw someone mention that Beloruskayya is really only a railway station and not really a residential area (of course only someone's opinion)

Rossiya
13-05-2013, 19:24
Was staying in Sokol and now at Aeroport. Both decent locations and can get into city centre easily enough for restaurants, bars and sight seeing. Probably don't want to be too far of a walk from metro, especially in winter. There's a large shopping centre Metropolis also at Voikovskaya (stop after Sokol). If you make it over PM and we can grad a beer. Decent English bar between Sokol and Aeroport.

Rhubard Geoff
14-05-2013, 11:34
Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the reply.

The office is on the opposite side of the road from IKEA....I haven't actually seen it, just word of mouth, so to speak.

What would be your choice of regions along those metro stops......I am thinking compromise of nice peaceful area, travel to work, shopping, travel in to centre on weekends.......I am guessing Dinamo will be crazy on Saturday with football fans, somewhere on here I thought I saw someone mention that Beloruskayya is really only a railway station and not really a residential area (of course only someone's opinion)

I've never lived in those regions in my 9 years here.

I know people who live near Belorusskaya and you can find some OK areas around Bol Gruzhinskaya and the Tversyaya Yamskayas. You also have the benefit of the train connection to SVO airport.

The other areas like Dinamo, Aeroport, Sokol are up and coming areas where a lot of Russian young professionals are moving in so I think they are all OK. What you will find in Moscow is a very eclectic mix of residents in a building from company directors to penniless pensioners.

From the description of your office it sounds like it is Khimki Business Park, which is nice

Ilya Fomin
14-05-2013, 14:56
Dear Devonpoint!

To have an office out of Moscow is a modern trend. Many companies move their back-offices and even head-offices far from the Downtown, like Skolkovo Innovation center in Zarechye, Gazprom on Namyotkina street etc. The main idea is brilliant - to move in a different way unlike the rest of people do it.

Thing is this Moscow is unpredictable as a capricious lady. You never know for sure what time you can spend in a traffic. You can get stocked in a traffic just because of a raining, snowing or an accident on the opposite side of the street. In addition Leningradsky prospect is really busy way leading to SVO airport, Saint-Petersberg and other northern parts of Russia, being overcrowded almost all the time.

They say that Moscow traffic jams become longer 10% each year.

As usual a way to your office can take half an hour in the morning and an hour to go back to the Downtown. The sore points are Tverskaya all along the way in the Downtown, Third Transportation ring and MKAD crossing.

So something like that.

Ilya

Ibanez
15-05-2013, 12:44
Was staying in Sokol and now at Aeroport. Both decent locations and can get into city centre easily enough for restaurants, bars and sight seeing. Probably don't want to be too far of a walk from metro, especially in winter. There's a large shopping centre Metropolis also at Voikovskaya (stop after Sokol). If you make it over PM and we can grad a beer. Decent English bar between Sokol and Aeroport.

Likewise. I live in Aeroport 5 min walk from Metro Sokol. Good area. Also I travel frequently to SVO - have an office there. Leaving in the morning hardly any traffic. Returning-can be problematic.