PDA

View Full Version : How you will celebrate X-mas this year?

Miracle77777
28-11-2007, 23:52
Hello to everyone!!!
It is almost 4 week till our X-mas!!
My early congratulations ^-^
Maybe someone could share with ideas how to spend this Great Holiday in a best way! ?
:lovepot:

TGP
29-11-2007, 00:05
I can't say anything because I celebrate New Year and our Christmasn January.

The 25th of December will be just a more relaxed day for me, and I'll try to be in a more festive mood.

Bels
29-11-2007, 00:20
As a British Expat teacher I will be working here as usual. But I hope to do christmas festivities with my children. I'm planning a few short plays, with some recitals of English nursery rhymes, and songs. Does any one have ideas about this ? I would love to hear. I hope to do this on december 25th this year.

Miracle77777
29-11-2007, 00:26
I can't say anything because I celebrate New Year and our Christmasn January.

The 25th of December will be just a more relaxed day for me, and I'll try to be in a more festive mood.

Do you celebrate "The Old New Year" as well?? :wavey:

Miracle77777
29-11-2007, 00:31
As a British Expat teacher I will be working here as usual. But I hope to do christmas festivities with my children. I'm planning a few short plays, with some recitals of English nursery rhymes, and songs. Does any one have ideas about this ? I would love to hear. I hope to do this on december 25th this year.

That is very interesting:wavey:
I do remember myself in "old" days when we were dressing peculiar clothes and playing something from Bible....By the way children always like the role of Angel - because He has lightning above head ^-*
Hope you will have an interesting X-mas this year!!!

Clean32
29-11-2007, 00:37
with minime and my better 1/2, what else do i need ??

Bels
29-11-2007, 00:55

Most certainly that's my day, to celibrate Hogmany as they say in scottish. To celibrate the New Year. That's my day and no teaching then. But not the old year, as I like to be positive about the future for all of us, especially me and my family. :)

TGP
29-11-2007, 00:56

Yes! New Year (both old and new :) ) is my absolutely most favorite holiday, and I always try to elebrate it, though in not such a "serious" way like new New Year. We have to work after the celebration... :groan:

VladSkywolf
29-11-2007, 07:16
Since I've been here the traditional X-mas holiday has definitely been overshadowed by the New Year's celebration. Still, it has not been forgotten. :)

My wife normally cooks a special dinner, we'll setup our holiday ёлка while listening to some carols - maybe I'll even dust-off my music keyboard and try to play some sing-alongs after a few, erm, special holiday refreshments. :D
:drink:

Also we'll exchange a minor present (major ones saved for New Years). Oh, and maybe view a couple of holiday classics - 'A Christmas Story' and 'Scrooged'. :)

Miracle77777
29-11-2007, 16:30
Yes! New Year (both old and new :) ) is my absolutely most favorite holiday, and I always try to elebrate it, though in not such a "serious" way like new New Year. We have to work after the celebration... :groan:

I guess it is very difficult to go somewhere at all (and obviously to work!!) after so many celebratings :hooray:
But anyway it is always unforgettable!! Especially when you are with someone very important for you ^-^ :bowdown:

Miracle77777
29-11-2007, 16:35
Most certainly that's my day, to celibrate Hogmany as they say in scottish. To celibrate the New Year. That's my day and no teaching then. But not the old year, as I like to be positive about the future for all of us, especially me and my family. :)

I agree - It is the best time if you do want imagine your close future in good radiance..
Just don't get it - do you teach all days in a year except X-mas??????? :goldy:

Bels
29-11-2007, 17:52
I agree - It is the best time if you do want imagine your close future in good radiance..
Just don't get it - do you teach all days in a year except X-mas??????? :goldy:

I try as I need the money, apart from visa trips of which I had to do. But no longer as I have residency, and now have to stay here for a year :).

June to August I'm not normally too busy. And of course Russian holiday time is January rather than December.

TGP
29-11-2007, 23:29
I guess it is very difficult to go somewhere at all (and obviously to work!!) after so many celebratings :hooray:
But anyway it is always unforgettable!! Especially when you are with someone very important for you ^-^ :bowdown:

True! That's why all serious matters should be postponed till mid of January, though officially the holiday is till Jan. 9.

Miracle77777
30-11-2007, 20:43
True! That's why all serious matters should be postponed till mid of January, though officially the holiday is till Jan. 9.

Reasonable....Why don't you pass it to the our State Heads ^-*?

Bels
30-11-2007, 21:06

If Russians don't want to work in this period of time what can you do. Every stops including my work. During the Summer everything everything drops also, that's the Russian way, and my work dips. For the moment I'm overworked and refuse many, so I grab what I can. I have 40 actual teaching hours a week with mainly groups children and teenagers and it's hard work.

Benedikt
01-12-2007, 18:29
actually christmas for me is on the 24th in the evening (i am catholic and the 'christchild'-Christkind- brings me the presents.) not santa claus or ded moroz.
family is orthodox, so there is a week of tension what they will get...
25th and 26th are only the 2nd and 3rd chrismas day in austria, no working day, except of course for chefs, fire brigade,doctors, etc...
i will try to knock of work on the 24th earlier to be home in the evning. and if the weather is not to bad i will try to attend midnight mass at a catholic church.

TGP
01-12-2007, 18:46

I believe they are quite aware of this. Jan 9-15 are days for getting into the swing. :cool: