PDA

View Full Version : Will Putin be re-elected?

GMC
28-11-2007, 16:18
It appears as if ( according to MT ) that the change of the presidential election date could allow Putin to A: voluntarily leave the presidency
B: Run as a candidate in the election

This is rather interesting, it seems the "spirit of the constitution" is different than the "word' of the constitution.

So if Putin does this will he be re-elected?

GMC

Len Ganley Stance
28-11-2007, 17:34
It appears as if ( according to MT ) that the change of the presidential election date could allow Putin to A: voluntarily leave the presidency
B: Run as a candidate in the election

This is rather interesting, it seems the "spirit of the constitution" is different than the "word' of the constitution.

So if Putin does this will he be re-elected?

GMC

GMC,

I couldn't find the article you referred to on the MT website, but if you read the article on this link on the BBC website than I would say that if I was a betting man (I'm not though) I would put my money on Putin becoming PM.

BBC NEWS | Europe | Putin moves to extend political life (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7023181.stm)

GMC
28-11-2007, 20:58
Tuesday november 27 Federation Council speaker Sergie Mironov said that this was possible.

GMC

Len Ganley Stance
29-11-2007, 09:58
I think that it's rather ironic that the West preaches on about Democracy or the lack-of-it around the world, when you consider that Gordon Brown was not elected as Prime Minister in the UK.

GMC
29-11-2007, 16:27
SOrry, not too up on the specifics of their system, but actually the US president is not 100% elected by the people and their have been a few cases where the popular vote was very high and it went the other way.

Unfortunately this is the only voting situation where the mandate of the people is not 100%

But I think Putin should continue as something. It would save time and everyone could get on with business.

GMC