PDA

View Full Version : Is the advrsting here useful?

Mvlzac
28-11-2007, 12:32
Have you ever bought or hired any of the products and services that are advertised (officially...the companies that are in the main page) in this site? ............

dont think so :devilish:.......... but if yes

Which?

Why?

Bels
28-11-2007, 13:07
The teaching section is useful. For those seeking private teachers, and for those seeking teachers. Yes it works.

The vacancies section works very well I'm sure. I don't respond very much now. But it's interesting marketing info.

But best of all, is to use this expat forum and ask the expats for their recommendations. Keep it free if you can :)

I think the renting section also works very well here. But I mean the forum again.

Mvlzac
28-11-2007, 13:43
Dear Bells, I dont mean the free classifieds posted here....

I mean the official advertising from the ones who are supposed to get clients from this site the ones wh PAY to this site.......... those companies that are in the main page...

Mvlzac
28-11-2007, 14:41
Cant believe it…. 15 people had already seen this poll and only one answered….FYI this is very useful information for making this site better or keep it as it is. But you cant even click with your mouse an option….. I think that even not answering you answer….. unless you are mentally retarded YOU, the audience is totally indifferent to the idea community, you just let people write, amuse yourselves and don’t care if this place is better….

That is why the monopilizers *including me*
The lack of respect and the excess of abusive language........
The financial problems of this site.....

Well this is everything but a community for expats..

SalTheReturn
28-11-2007, 14:45
Dear Bells, I dont mean the free classifieds posted here....

I mean the official advertising from the ones who are supposed to get clients from this site the ones wh PAY to this site.......... those companies that are in the main page...

you are so SWEAR WORD CENSORED MacCrap and let me tell you why

even when this site was a major reference for tons of expats already residing in Moscow or soon-to-be in Moscow, NO ONE has ever bought the products advertised

in addition to what Bels has already said (and MacCrap, even placing an ad on the vacancy section it has to be tecnically considered an official advertisement) let me explain how things work:
-you buy stuff/services by hearing what other expats comments

so we all end up buying health insurance from one respectable user, renting flats from Moscowmail, going to get stoned at the bars of Dough

this site worked much better for individual rather than companies

as an expat i also do not find interestings the ads despite i once called the CREF who was one of the main advertisers in here

it was really pretty low to post such a poll from someone like you who claim to be such a good manager

Clean32
28-11-2007, 17:39
OOHHH for ****s sake Dago, the Adds have worked for many, more so the new to moscow/russians. and we have over the years seen many posts to atest to that.

but i think the main point is that the advertisers are who actualy pay for this site, to us that makes this site free.

as for MM i doint beleve he has been involed in fats for a long time

once again Sal you have posted crap and missinformation, why doint you just go away.

ezik
28-11-2007, 19:13
Wow!

Are you sure you are not a bit Freudian in your reaction? I bet your posts here have given your site quite a few hits! ;)

Now, you have been accusing this site of being Anti-Russian and now you claim that we have "financial problems", which is based on nothing and not true. Oh, and both the mods and members are retarded, according to you.

Anything more to add? Please, spout it out now so we have a complete list.

I'm sure you have thought of possible legal consequences of what you are doing.

Have fun! ;)

Cant believe it…. 15 people had already seen this poll and only one answered….FYI this is very useful information for making this site better or keep it as it is. But you cant even click with your mouse an option….. I think that even not answering you answer….. unless you are mentally retarded YOU, the audience is totally indifferent to the idea community, you just let people write, amuse yourselves and don’t care if this place is better….

Bels
28-11-2007, 19:42
Mylzac might have made this a useful thread without realizing it. It's been a long time since I even entered expat by the front door so to speak, and therefore a long time since I read the adverts and the very useful directories they have.

Perhaps its time us members should read this section now and again. And they should certainly use the telephone directory when they are searching for a particular service or product. I promise I will in the future. I might even advertise there in about six months time when I'm more established.

Also perhaps other expats here can come up with ideas, and suggestions of how this advertising area could be improved for Expat.ru

I think it's better to be supportive and positive about expat.ru rather than negative allegations.

ezik
28-11-2007, 19:42
All who read this:
Mvlzac is now having a temporary ban. This is just to facilitate us to backup some of the things written here, in case we need it in the future.
This temporary ban is not because we have anything against Mvlzac expressing his opinions or putting on a poll about advertising. He is welcome back in two days, unless we see reasons to change the terms of the ban.

SalTheReturn
28-11-2007, 20:51
OOHHH for ****s sake Dago, the Adds have worked for many, more so the new to moscow/russians. and we have over the years seen many posts to atest to that.

but i think the main point is that the advertisers are who actualy pay for this site, to us that makes this site free.

as for MM i doint beleve he has been involed in fats for a long time

once again Sal you have posted crap and missinformation, why doint you just go away.

people post a questionl, other expats answer, you but the product/service other people suggest you to buy. thats as easy as that manager of the year.

believe me we all end up buying the same stuff when we needed and we all asked to the same persons

GMC
28-11-2007, 21:32
Thanks GMC

GMC
28-11-2007, 21:42
This is a grat place to buy and sell things on a personal level. People are able to get the most important thing they need here in Moscow, a Legitimate business and product. A REFERRAL from a member means the person or company they are purchasing from has not lied to them, ripped them off, sold them a different product than listed, or something that is already damaged or second hand...

Most importantly it benifits the expat community as a whole to avoid the scam artists and thieves that abound.

I have purchased items that were defective and upon return we told no refunds or exchange. When I explained it is the law, I was told "waste your time and money amerikanski, you will never win in OUR COURTS".

So, Sal is right about a referral. It is the best advertising and the best way to find an honest entrepeneur or individual here in this country

GMC

SalTheReturn
28-11-2007, 21:46
This is a grat place to buy and sell things on a personal level. People are able to get the most important thing they need here in Moscow, a Legitimate business and product. A REFERRAL from a member means the person or company they are purchasing from has not lied to them, ripped them off, sold them a different product than listed, or something that is already damaged or second hand...

Most importantly it benifits the expat community as a whole to avoid the scam artists and thieves that abound.

I have purchased items that were defective and upon return we told no refunds or exchange. When I explained it is the law, I was told "waste your time and money amerikanski, you will never win in OUR COURTS".

So, Sal is right about a referral. It is the best advertising and the best way to find an honest entrepeneur or individual here in this country

GMC

i was saying that, i was saying that they can advertise "we give gold for free" but my choice will then depend on what other users say

i would not say people browse the site, see a product and buy it

despite for clean this is the way the deal goes

probably he does not even imagine the power of some posters in here and in the old expat.ru

MickeyTong
28-11-2007, 21:47

This arrogant, conceited f*c*wit is so blinded by his delusions of grandeur that he disappears up his own backside every time he posts on this forum. Initially I found his venomous and incoherent vulgarity mildly entertaining, but now he's just boring.

Bels
28-11-2007, 22:33
WHen I see a post by "GUEST" it always has this advertisement at the bottom

something like

This is not my site, but a friends site and I fully support it
blah blah http apartments.comm

Is'nt this blatant advertising.?

SO if someone puts a post that says

This is not my site by it belongs to some person that lives in someplace and I fully support it

http anything. com

This would be the same. It looks like advertising.

I called to advertise my service for english lessons and it costs money.
Normal thing, normal advertising service.

BUT, putting a site URL on EVERY one of his posts I think is abusing your site.
Looks like he is financially involved with this site or the owners and getting a free ride.

Thanks GMC

Come on please GMC, I've never met met Judge but I rather like him here, argumentive but very helpful to the right people. A great member on this site.

Let's be a little lenient now and again. And by the way there is an interesting thread on this friend of his. And I go for him all the way.

Start reading the threads a little more GMC, he and his friends purposes are not so bad. Individual entrepeneur-ship. I go for it all the way.

Come on please, he's being honest and very informative.

Bels
28-11-2007, 22:40
Guest is extremely useful as a member here. He's Russian and his English is good. He can be very informative here, as long as you treat him with the respect he deserves. He helps a lot of expats by being here and is highly valued by many I'm sure. Expat.ru forum can't do without him.

SalTheReturn
28-11-2007, 22:55
All who read this:
Mvlzac is now having a temporary ban. This is just to facilitate us to backup some of the things written here, in case we need it in the future.
This temporary ban is not because we have anything against Mvlzac expressing his opinions or putting on a poll about advertising. He is welcome back in two days, unless we see reasons to change the terms of the ban.

i dont understand the sentence "This is just to facilitate us to backup some of the things written here, in case we need it in the future."
actually i understand it but not sure i know what you mean

Bels
28-11-2007, 23:11
i dont understand the sentence "This is just to facilitate us to backup some of the things written here, in case we need it in the future."
actually i understand it but not sure i know what you mean

You cannot slander a company or other body or individual especially if that might cause damage. I think Ezik is discussing this matter with others, perhaps his superiors and is not certain for the time being.

Seeking evidence perhap?s :) He;s made a hint, perhaps only good enough for natives or Dutch, who are almost native:) to understand. Why? Because they are world known to be good at English :)

It also means that they may well bring him back but be watching that he doesn't attempt anything that might be damaging to the well-being of EXpat-ru. And that's fair enough.

Just my interpretation, if I'm right or wrong I am speaking on an open forum for those to correct me. And that's why I love a forum ? It's diplomatic :)

GMC
29-11-2007, 00:54
Hey I was not talking about Judge I was talking about guest. Judge is a nice guy

I was looking back and some how guest was helpful to me on my computer, I don't know what happened. IF I drew first blood or he did.

Anyway, i got to sort that one out. Maybe I am an ass..

GMC

Clean32
29-11-2007, 01:07
Hey I was not talking about Judge I was talking about guest. Judge is a nice guy

I was looking back and some how guest was helpful to me on my computer, I don't know what happened. IF I drew first blood or he did.

Anyway, i got to sort that one out. Maybe I am an ass..

GMC

Guest is a very patriotic Man, and why shouldint he be, but he also provides some dam good info, and he is an excilent window to understanding the many russians like him. hes ok a good guy realy

GMC
29-11-2007, 01:11
Judge is NOT russian, but his posts are great
GMC

GMC
29-11-2007, 01:13
You were talking about GUest I was talking about judge
GMC

SalTheReturn
29-11-2007, 10:57
am i the only one who has not seen GMC talking about Judge?

as usual Bels mess up and i wonder how comes:vomit:

Bels
29-11-2007, 13:00
am i the only one who has not seen GMC talking about Judge?

as usual Bels mess up and i wonder how comes:vomit:

Yes I messed up last night due to domestic interruptions partly, But believe me I don't usually mess up. I'm also in agreement with previous posts. Both appear nice guys and are probably of complete different personalities.

I'm also against anyone who gives personal attacks to other members without strong reason. Constructive arguments, yes!! I'm all for it.

ridcully
29-11-2007, 13:51
Nice to see some people saying some positive things about each other! :)

I find this site fantastically useful. I have lots of Russian friends and contacts, and lots of English ones too - but the perspective that can be got by reading the posts here, and the advice from both Russians and others, is worth a lot to me. As is the feeling that there's a community here to which I "belong" in some way.

There are several other expat sites out there for those of us in Russia, but I find this the best - a good balance of banter, discussion, humour. And just the right amount of personal abuse (which so far I have largely managed to avoid) which I can watch from the sidelines! :applause:

Clean32
29-11-2007, 15:57
LOL ok yes i was talking about Guest, Now Judge on the othere hand is just, well cant hold it against him just becouse he thinks a real ball is round LOL

GMC
29-11-2007, 16:34
I slammed Guest pretty hard and did'nt let up beacuse I was p*ssed off and looking for an argument. He was helpful to me during a post and I don't know what happened, wheather he said something or I, Idon't know. BUt I was reaallllly rude to him. I was an ass.

Anyway, still like to argue.

GMC

Clean32
29-11-2007, 17:01
well doint post it here pm him as well

SalTheReturn
29-11-2007, 19:46
Nice to see some people saying some positive things about each other! :)

I find this site fantastically useful. I have lots of Russian friends and contacts, and lots of English ones too - but the perspective that can be got by reading the posts here, and the advice from both Russians and others, is worth a lot to me. As is the feeling that there's a community here to which I "belong" in some way.

There are several other expat sites out there for those of us in Russia, but I find this the best - a good balance of banter, discussion, humour. And just the right amount of personal abuse (which so far I have largely managed to avoid) which I can watch from the sidelines! :applause:

I am happy you say so because i think the same

despite some people like spouting crap around and lying, this site it is a wonderful source of info for lots of expats/wanna-be expats

ezik
29-11-2007, 19:59
Guest is extremely useful as a member here. He's Russian and his English is good. He can be very informative here, as long as you treat him with the respect he deserves. He helps a lot of expats by being here and is highly valued by many I'm sure. Expat.ru forum can't do without him.

Guest is giving many good and understandable advices. He is a very valued member. Also, when ever we manage to get to move this site to a newer platform, he has come up with some useful ideas we might consider. Big cheers to him.

SalTheReturn
29-11-2007, 20:40
is this a new trend?
someone feel offended over a website (how little is that?) and decide to leave...is that how it is supposed to work?

Clean32
29-11-2007, 22:13
is this a new trend?
someone feel offended over a website (how little is that?) and decide to leave...is that how it is supposed to work?

Maybe it was just you sal, what did you do to him ???

Donovan
29-11-2007, 22:48
So typical from you (westerners)….. you claim yourselves liberals and when someone grabs your balls, then you oppress that person with the system, where is the freedom for speech……….. you even didn’t let me answer….. really… my poll was well intended but seems to me that you cant take the things that you don’t wanna listen.

If I started writing in this site was because of the lack of respect for Russia and Russians………… now I see that everybody loves each other…. So many times I say that I am leaving as so many times I read any stpdt about Russia and Russians and write again, if you don’t like Russia please get out of here, if you wanna criticize the country, be ready and accept criticism for you and your country……….

Now everybody is apologizing each other and Russians are cool, days or weeks ago Russia was the worst on earth……….. well my Russian friends this is how the western democracies work………you can do any stpdity but if you touch what you don’t need to touch, they try to take you out of the game………..imagine this……… they tried to threaten me, with a legal prosecution against me or my firm.

As for the
Wow!

I'm sure you have thought of possible legal consequences of what you are doing.

Have fun! ;)

Is a warning from exgarf…. Now the binary guy bi-guy for suing me…. Well that is kind of hysterical but in my pm I exposed why doing that was a suicide for the site…………..

Well…….. now I see that there is a different atmosphere for Russians and Russia…

For the ones who got offended………. I am sorry but was more offensive not realizing what was happening here………….for the whom I interacted, you know that it wasn’t personal, Bels, Italian, GMC, etc, just it was with your virtual character, never with your real person, even I don’t know your names…. Shame that this site couldn’t take the interaction just where it was done…….. inside the net……. Maybe I was low…. But never cheap……….
For the moderators……… Russia and the companies that are in Russia feed you, give a job and a family…… you cant leave people criticize just because they are malcontents or inadapted.

Mvlzac:rasta:

Donovan
29-11-2007, 23:01
Wow!

Oh, and both the mods and members are retarded, according to you.

;)

Unless you dont understand what UNLESS means, you MAY BE retarded.... noone called anyone retarded........ and if I tell you that you are MAYBE retarded doesnt mean that you are....

Maybe my writing is not the best but my semiotic skills are excellent...

Donovan
29-11-2007, 23:07
unless you are mentally retarded YOU, the audience is totally indifferent to the idea community, you just let people write, amuse yourselves and don’t care if this place is better….

Unless means: if not, except... and doesnt create a direct action in the object.......... as: that is why, as, because and and.:brush:

Ok, last post. :devilish::fireworks:

Bels
29-11-2007, 23:43
So typical from you (westerners)….. you claim yourselves liberals and when someone grabs your balls, then you oppress that person with the system, where is the freedom for speech……….. you even didn’t let me answer….. really… my poll was well intended but seems to me that you cant take the things that you don’t wanna listen.

If I started writing in this site was because of the lack of respect for Russia and Russians………… now I see that everybody loves each other…. So many times I say that I am leaving as so many times I read any stpdt about Russia and Russians and write again, if you don’t like Russia please get out of here, if you wanna criticize the country, be ready and accept criticism for you and your country……….

Now everybody is apologizing each other and Russians are cool, days or weeks ago Russia was the worst on earth……….. well my Russian friends this is how the western democracies work………you can do any stpdity but if you touch what you don’t need to touch, they try to take you out of the game………..imagine this……… they tried to threaten me, with a legal prosecution against me or my firm.

As for the

Is a warning from exgarf…. Now the binary guy bi-guy for suing me…. Well that is kind of hysterical but in my pm I exposed why doing that was a suicide for the site…………..

Well…….. now I see that there is a different atmosphere for Russians and Russia…

For the ones who got offended………. I am sorry but was more offensive not realizing what was happening here………….for the whom I interacted, you know that it wasn’t personal, Bels, Italian, GMC, etc, just it was with your virtual character, never with your real person, even I don’t know your names…. Shame that this site couldn’t take the interaction just where it was done…….. inside the net……. Maybe I was low…. But never cheap……….
For the moderators……… Russia and the companies that are in Russia feed you, give a job and a family…… you cant leave people criticize just because they are malcontents or inadapted.

QOUTE: you claim yourselves liberals and when someone grabs your balls, then you oppress that person with the system, where is the freedom for speech.

Of course we do, that's ou freedom of speech.

Of course we do, many of us here are living in Russia, we have Russian spouses and were here because we love Russian, peronally my family is Russian and British and we want to live together as expats and Russians. But we all have our different reasons and there are pluses and minuses in living in Russia. And many of us here have been honest about that, Russians and Expats.

if you don’t like Russia please get out of here, if you wanna criticize the country, be ready and accept criticism for you and your country……….

If there are certain thing to talk about why we don't Russia, why not talk about it. it might help. Believe me , the Russians talk about it all the time., Do you know how many Russians I know because of my job, family, and community? plenty! and I learn a lot. And what's the problem about the Expats talking about the problems of Russia. Why not? They have problems , but they love Russia andit's problems for their own reasons. And BOY! youv've got to be to be to be tough to choose to stay in Russia :)

if you wanna criticize the country, be ready and accept criticism for you and your country……….

Why not/ :) Give it to me please, I'm ready.pleas go ahead and please criticise my country Great Britain. I'm ready for it :) And I'm sure the Australians Americans etc are ready for it also.

QUOTE:you know that it wasn’t personal, Bels, Italian, GMC, etc, just it was with your virtual character, never with your real person, even I don’t know your names

My names John Simpson by the way :) I thouht you pm'd me a few times,
I've been talking about this recently, I've kept my identity throughout in this forum, and I am certain that the regular members are fully aware of my identity, and this applies to many members. May I remind you of what I have told you before. Many of us Pm each other with our true identity and are quite happy to give personal addresses etc to the ones we trust. Many of them have met if you read all the posts. Believe me it's real This site is real, in comparison to all other sites it's real. Read the recent posts and you will find out . It's very real. And this communication and meeting is growing fast.
And yes I have met many from here and some are currently my students.

QUOTE: they try to take you out of the game………..imagine this……… they tried to threaten me, with a legal prosecution against me or my firm.

I remember the post, that was Ezik, and he didn't specificly state that, he stated something in such he's looking over your statements and keeping on file. You can't slander or try to damage an individual or company to cause damage. That's what he is talking about. So don't do it, and I interperit that he was givinf=g you a warning more than anything else. So don't continue with slander on any individual or company that may cause damage. That's what he is concerned about.

SalTheReturn
30-11-2007, 00:17

As for the

I know it was not personal and do not worry with me, i do not care about the internet crap
take care

PS. back on topic McCrap my last 2 cents: it is not an adult attitude to say "leave if you do not like". Worry (and despise) when criticism comes from people who know nothing about Russia, not when it is done by people who have lived and worked there. Thats not fair.

SalTheReturn
30-11-2007, 00:19
Maybe it was just you sal, what did you do to him ???

and why do you think i care?
kiddo get yourself a life, really.

Donovan
30-11-2007, 10:47
for those with whom I interacted))) sht.... need to write more:groan: I reread and find it all.. so absurd... really, I never speak like that...