PDA

View Full Version : apartment Lookking

firey111
01-05-2013, 13:12
Hello, I am new to the forum. I live in MSU residence right now and have to leave June 30th. I am going to London to apply for Business visa and return asap, probably August 1. I will need to find apartment. I would like any information on how to go about finding an apartment. I prefer south as far as Butsovo, just need cheap and clean. A studio would be fine. I do not know if to do private rental or how you find them, or use an agent. If anyone can advise me on how to do this. I do not know if I should line this up before I go or wait until I return in August. Please advise if you have any ideas on this. I would greatly appreciate it.

Waddy
02-05-2013, 15:22
As far as I can tell the agent's fee for a contract is not worth it if you can avoid it. To put it another way, in Moscow if you have to enforce your rights using a contract in Cyrillic, which could say anything, I think you would have difficulty.
My employer paid my agent's fee so I went along with it, but if I move I'll be happy to skip the contract and save a lot of roubles, and risk the insecurity.

Obviously this is not the last word on Russian renting. And I reckon I could pack up to move in under 40 minutes if necessary....

So I would tend to look on couchsurfing or expat to see if there are any quick sharing options without a contract

Zbig
10-05-2013, 11:34
You should bear in mind that all available for rent flats will not wait for you to the moment when you are ready to take them.
So if you are raady to rent from August you should look what would be available in July.

Agenta are useless, they are taking just commission. Try to find it sth here in forum

Zbig
10-05-2013, 11:35
You should bear in mind that all available for rent flats will not wait for you to the moment when you are ready to take them.
So if you are raady to rent from August you should look what would be available in July.

Agents are useless, they are taking just commission. Try to find it sth here in forum

Zbig
10-05-2013, 11:36
So if you are ready to rent from August you should look what would be available in July.

Agents are useless, they are taking just commission. Try to find it sth here in forum