PDA

View Full Version : Visa invitation for Ukraine

solnishko
27-11-2007, 16:33
How does one go about getting a visa invitation for a 1 month tourist visa to Ukraine for an Australian traveller? I'd be looking to apply in St Petersburg for the visa itself. I've been told that to obtain and invitation you have to book ALL your services in the country with a Ukrainian operator and purchase insurance. That can't be right can it? Can hostels or hotels also provide the invitation if you have booked for a few nights?

I remember when I went there previously a number of year ago I bought my visa support through a company in Kitai-Gorod. Does anyone have their contacts or those of any other agency? Visatorussia.com don't do them...

Halyavshik
27-11-2007, 19:00
You should check and see first if you actually need one - citizens from many European countries, the US, and Canada no longer need a visa for short stays in the Ukraine. I would recommend Googling to find the Ukrainian Embassy's website in Australia to ascertain specifically if you need one or not.

米乐龙
27-11-2007, 19:30
Yes Halyavshik, Australians do need one and that is why solnishko asked the question! What? You don't think the OP checked first?

Halyavshik
27-11-2007, 22:37
Please accept my most sincere apologies for the heinously rude and untoward suggestion to double-check first. I don't know what I was thinking - it was exceptionally offensive and inconsiderate of me to even try suggesting something, and most certainly warranted your most informative and helpful post....

solnishko
28-11-2007, 09:12
right, now does anyone have any suggestions about what I can do to get the invite?

jeffpv
01-12-2007, 07:43
It's probably easiest (though perhaps not cheapest) to go through an agency. There are dozens of them on the Web.

solnishko
01-12-2007, 13:06
I've just ordered a visa from Solo East Travel. (SoloEast Travel- Ukraine based travel agency (http://www.tourkiev.com/index.php)) I hope that everything will go smoothly at the consulate.

UPDATE

I've been to the consulate in St Petersburg today. It seems that the invitation ordered online wasn't enough for them - they also needed a voucher (путевка) which Solo East was able to fax straight to the consulate after a quick phone call. I had some difficulty paying the visa fee - Sberbank would not accept payment from someone without a Russian passport despite the consulate assuring me it was no problem. In the end I had to go to a bank across town where the payment process was simple enough. Cost for 7 day processing was around 2200 rub. They didn't take my passport, just the copies (details page, visa, migration card) and will I assume put the sticker in when I go to pick it up.

Hope this info helps someone else in the future!

Rustralian
04-12-2007, 03:10
Are you sure VisatoRussia don't do them still? They have done Russia and all the CIS countries previously and still have the webpages etc for the Ukraine visas. I have not had one through them recently, but have used them before several times.

Ukraine Visa - Ukranian Visa Online – Tourist, Business, Multiple-Entry Travel Visa Support Services - Ukraine Visa Requirements, Embassy and Consulate Forms – Visas to all CIS Countries. (http://www.visatorussia.com/russianvisa.nsf/ukraine.html)

Did you miss that link or did you try and they no longer do them?
:eh:

solnishko
04-12-2007, 10:44
They do visa letters for Russia & CIS still but not Ukraine ones for processing in Russian consulates.